LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
Just ordered the 55cx, delivery tomorrow. Need to upgrade my sky for UHD and I'll be set.
Really looking forward it to, coming from a 5 year old sony 4k so hoping ita a decent step up

Associate
Recieved my LG 55" CX today. Trying to play some 4k movies that i have, and i am getting a black border bottom and top of the screen. Is their a certain resolution i need to look out for in order to not end up with this black border? in effect in am losing like 20% of the screen top and bottom which is annoying.

Soldato
Recieved my LG 55" CX today. Trying to play some 4k movies that i have, and i am getting a black border bottom and top of the screen. Is their a certain resolution i need to look out for in order to not end up with this black border? in effect in am losing like 20% of the screen top and bottom which is annoying.
Have you checked the same piece of content on your old TV?

Associate
Have you checked the same piece of content on your old TV?

Yea it had borders on my old LG 4k tv, but i had nothing that outputted to 4k( i had plex on my old PS4 which outputted 1080p) so i just assumed that the new tv would be able to display it at full screen. Any one know what resolution i need to look for to fill the full screen without borders?

Soldato
Most stuff will have 'borders' top and bottom if it's not 16:9 aspect content, regardless of resolution. Most movies won't be full screen, as they're not 16:9 aspect.

Associate
that sucks then :( if i watch a lot of movies like that - i watch zero TV. Will i end up with problems with that portion of the screen not getting any use and some sort of burn in for the rest of the screen?

Soldato
My 77'' GX on white high brightness stuff has some dirty scren effect. undecided but think im going to swap it out +/- return if that one sucks too.

Soldato
that sucks then :( if i watch a lot of movies like that - i watch zero TV. Will i end up with problems with that portion of the screen not getting any use and some sort of burn in for the rest of the screen?
Black on OLED is achieved by powering off that pixel, so no concern of burn in there

Does the PS5 run in HDR mode all the time if enabled, including the OS? I would much prefer if it ran the OS in SDR and switched over to HDR when running actual HDR content/games like the PS4 Pro did, as it stands I have to baby sit the console on the home screen due to potential burn in, unless I'm missing something?

Also how will this work for SDR content if my PS5 is running in HDR at an OS level, does that mean all SDR content is at the maxed out HDR profile on my TV?

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the PS5 run in HDR mode all the time if enabled, including the OS? I would much prefer if it ran the OS in SDR and switched over to HDR when running actual HDR content/games like the PS4 Pro did, as it stands I have to baby sit the console on the home screen due to potential burn in, unless I'm missing something?

Also how will this work for SDR content if my PS5 is running in HDR at an OS level, does that mean all SDR content is at the maxed out HDR profile on my TV?
Does your TV not dim after a few minutes on a static screen? It does that when I'm on PC via HDMI and leave it paused or on desktop.

Associate
So my path in the last 15 years has been 1080p LED, 1080p Plasma then 4K LED and now OLED.

All i will say is that i forgot how important black is to any picture. And its been less than 5 years since i sold my plasma to my mate.
The plasma is still going strong in his house whereas the 4K LED developed 3 faulty LED and has since been scrapped.
The 4K LED is the only one to develop a fault and was the only one i didn't get an extra warranty. Lesson learned, the hard way.

Soldato
Does anyone k ow the difference between
LG OLED55CX5LB and LG OLED55CX6LA on Currys?

The on difference I can see is that the 6LA is also available as a 48", but the 5LB isn't. Any ideas?

Edit: I think I found the answer:
The only difference between the two is the finish: the 6LA is 'Dark Silver' and the 5LB is 'Light Silver'

Back
Top Bottom