• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
+1.

The usual Nvidia trolls are here doing damage control and trying to find defects in AMD. What a true gamer would be doing is celebrating the fact that we now have real competition at the top end. Why would anyone start crying and defending the top dog Nvidia when the underdog catches up? Only thing I can think of is fanboyism or payed shill. In most cases people are happy that AMD has reached the top in the cpu space since it gives much need choice for consumers but I still see unwavering fanboys trying to knock AMD down in the gpu area.

All I can say to them is just wake up and see the bigger picture for once. Now you can go for a top end gpu that owns everything in rasterization and console ports or go for one that is good at RT/DLSS. You have a choice to buy what you want but please don't troll a competitors thread and try to discourage people from buying their gpu's.
I approve this statement.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Spot on and whilst I am understanding of general bias, some do tend to get a bit over zealous with it. I am more of a banter guy who loves a wind up but that is my way in life. Truthfully, I couldn't give a **** about NVidia or AMD and just want what is best for me.
Yeah, I am the same. I enjoy the banter and wind up and do not have any loyalty to either company. I buy what suits me best at the time.

Meh, horses for courses and I loved it. Graphics were decent (not the bestest) but I did really notice RT in it and the subtle way it worked was spot on.

Indeed. Just did not do anything for me. But I am getting more fussy with age.

I did notice the RT, it was decent, nothing great that would make me play the game because it is there however. Cyberpunk is the one I am waiting for. I will be enjoying G-sycn/RT/DLSS goodness :D

Look at that Atomic Heart demo. That is the kind of stuff I want to see from RT. That looks brilliant.

Soldato
+1.

The usual Nvidia trolls are here doing damage control and trying to find defects in AMD. What a true gamer would be doing is celebrating the fact that we now have real competition at the top end. Why would anyone start crying and defending the top dog Nvidia when the underdog catches up? Only thing I can think of is fanboyism or payed shill. In most cases people are happy that AMD has reached the top in the cpu space since it gives much need choice for consumers but I still see unwavering fanboys trying to knock AMD down in the gpu area.

All I can say to them is just wake up and see the bigger picture for once. Now you can go for a top end gpu that owns everything in rasterization and console ports or go for one that is good at RT/DLSS. You have a choice to buy what you want but please don't troll a competitors thread and try to discourage people from buying their gpu's.

Absolutely!! It's always baffled me when people scream and shout over a manufacturer of some overpriced electronics.
Nothing much useful happening in here now apart from pages of trash.
I'll rejoin when one can actually be purchased.

Soldato
+1.

Can we gaurantee the 6800XT will beat a 3090 in all console ports though?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What a true gamer would be doing is celebrating the fact that we now have real competition at the top end.
Indeed. That is what my position. Even though I did not go AMD this time, I am very happy to see them back in the game right at the very top again. They pretty much did better than what everyone was expecting a year ago. That is why I am not harsh at all about their RT performance. Even that turned out to be better than I expected actually. Kudos to them.

Soldato
Can we gaurantee the 6800XT will beat a 3090 in all console ports though?
We need more data, which will come with time. We have two or 3 games at the moment. But it is a reflection of the game engine, so it would be safe to assume that other games built on that engine will display the same performance characteristics

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
We need more data, which will come with time. We have two or 3 games at the moment. But it is a reflection of the game engine, so it would be safe to assume that other games built on that engine will display the same performance characteristics
Indeed. No one can guarantee, but it does bode well for AMD to improve their position against Ampere cards with time as new next gen titles come out.

Associate
Well if it really is a bottleneck on Radeon 4k, then there is no doubt that 3080 is the king. That`s 3080TI, assuming it will come with 20gb Vram and it will cost around $1k.

Read this: https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status/1329366598352855041

If it`s no bottleneck and AMD can improve the performance with future drivers, then they have a winner already.

The 4K drop off could be a "limitation" of the new cache / memory system (or at least where its gains start to diminish).

Desktop RDNA2 has very much revolutionised GPU memory systems, so now you will have much less reliance on memory bandwidth (in fact I would love to see what dropping memory speeds does for performance)

Soldato
so 3D mark is biased because Nvidia keeps winning? So game developers are also biased cause Nvidia keeps winning? Do you hear yourself
That is some strong denial you got going there. Is this how you cope? What does that have to do with the 6800 xt setting a world record on air? You are all over the place lol.

East is always biased because he is always defending amd, and slating nvidia ;).
It is only defending when you can actually refute the evidence set before you. Since you have shown no capacity to engage why you feel its not true its only you defending nvidia as usual. :D

Why do you think 3080 performance is so bad in Dirt5, even at 4k with RT enabled?
Ok it is ray tracing shadows only but why can`t 3080 do 4k and ray tracing shadows better than Radeon?
Can we think that some games are Radeon optimized and some ( like Control or Minecraft ) are Nvidia optimized? Or we should think that if Radeon wins then that game is Radeon optimized and if Nvidia wins then it is always fair game?
Well it does appear that you wont get any good decision from some of the more rabid defenders. They will simply call you a fanboy as they have no means to admit that games are not coded neutral.

This ^^. The fanbois blindness is staggering.
it is truly staggering, specially when they can not refute the truth resorting to name calling.

Having read the past 5 pages of this thread, the irony of ‘rethink reality’ is not lost on me.

Control might well be ‘hardware agnostic’ but it’s not development agnostic. Control is part of the Nvidia marketing machine, the developers were open about replacing Havoc for PhysX as well as working with Nvidia to get RT working. Nvidia promoted the game heavily for its streaming service as well as buying and providing codes to the game, paid promotions in PC Gamer etc. the list goes on for Control.

CgF1Ief.jpg

And that’s why the game is being spewed all over the OCUK forum - there’s no chance that this game is optimised to run on AMD, in the same way the Batman/Tomb Raider games were not optimised to run back during the midst of the Nvidia hair debacle.

So yes, here we are over 5 years on from Nvidias last attempts to gimp games on AMD cards, we come full circle, the Nvidia marketing team will always be on this forum making sure people know that their latest and greatest tech is Nvidia only because it’s the only way to get people to punt £1,500 on a Palit.

And that is the secret to they lies they post. but don't worry all they can do is name call you because you exposed the truth.

It is amazing at what depths they will lie, hide the truth, feign ignorance, employ deception and name call in order to protect nvidia.

And what makes it so profound is that some of them that been here for years know no more about the ends and outs of pc gaming then someone who just joined the forum that came from console. And it does appear they are not capable of providing any legitimate feedback beyond name calling, lying, deception, etc.
:D

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That is because its true and you are in it for the name calling.

Ccontrol is a Nvidia coded game. 3dmark is a Nvidia coded in-which 6800xt broke a world record in. There is a lot hurt feelings being exhibited.
:D
Why would it hurt me if 6800XT broke records? I have been cheering the 6800XT and am happy it is doing so well, but obviously you will ignore that as it does not fit your narrative. Lol.

I do not even like Control. I even just posted about not being impressed with it just today in this very thread. So not sure what you are on about. Too much bias mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom