• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Yeah, sometimes the 'weekend' excuse like the Banks and their Bank Holidays makes an appearance in the week where a ghost day is lost. Would waste a wish if I could get these retailers to add an alternative courier on the cart.

Well, it's still somehow in the Athlone depot, since yesterday. Guess it might not arrived today for it's scheduled 19-20th delivery dates.

Man of Honour
Mine is apparently being delivered later today - but I've had no further updates, before the text from DPD, that it had moved on from being picked.

Soldato
Mine is apparently being delivered later today - but I've had no further updates, before the text from DPD, that it had moved on from being picked.

Yup been like that with recent deliveries. Prior night or day saw nothing it would be delivered next day. Just that morning text and email the GPU is out and about for delivery.

Man of Honour
Yup been like that with recent deliveries. Prior night or day saw nothing it would be delivered next day. Just that morning text and email the GPU is out and about for delivery.

I bought some NVME drives and other stuff in recent few weeks which were tracked fine through the process.

Soldato
I bought some NVME drives and other stuff in recent few weeks which were tracked fine through the process.

yeah likewise, only been with FE cards (3) that I had this with recently and all got text very same morning. Could be a surprise to some I imagine if they not expecting it, but been fortunate someone has been in for me (or unfortunate I suppose due to lockdown). Like you normally prior been tracked throughout.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Is the beta okay? Any issues?
No issue that I know of.

Install it and get in the curve editor and make your own curve. That is how one undervolts by controlling the maximum voltage the card can draw. In most cases I actually do not even turn on afterburner as all the games I got installed right now hit 4K60fps on gsync way before the gpu is fully utilised. That means it runs on low voltage and clocks to maintain the that target fps. These are games that something like a 1080 would have a heart attack running at 4K60. Even a 1080Ti would sweat a little. But with the 3080 it runs it without breaking a sweat and some I even see as low at 80-90w power used. Lol

Waiting for steam sales that are coming in a week or so, will be grabbing Flight Simulator 2020. Now that is a game that will give my 3080 a heart attack :p

Soldato
My 3070 has arrived. Spent the morning saying goodbye to my good old 980ti (probably the best GPU I've owned in terms of value and longevity).
Thats a nice lifespan you've had from the 980ti and a great upgrade to boot! enjoy!
I'm still torn between pulling the trigger on a 3070 or waiting til march. 1080 is still doing ok tbh just feel the desire for a new shiny

Soldato
Hey, the 980ti still has life in it yet too, if there was no CP2077 on the horizon I would have stuck with it. I've got new fans for the original cooler and put it all back together, ran it through some benchmarks and the temps were constantly under 70C. Will be a good backup card.

Off to do the switch over, praying for no DOA BS.... touching all the wood in my house.

Man of Honour
My 3070FE arrived and installed - looks so much better in the flesh than the product images and the solid feel to the construction and weight is nice - such a contrast to the Palit 1070 I took out with its cheap plastic and aluminium heatsinks.

Man of Honour
Running 1920MHz boost @ 70C pretty solid under GPU heavy gaming loads hitting the power limit so don't think there is much overclocking to come from this card but fairly reasonable out the box.

(Haven't tried upping the power limit yet)

Back
Top Bottom