Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Ok think I made a huge mistake.

I had planned on working through the PS4 games I missed when I got the PS5 but decided to try out the Spiderman PS5 game....

Fired up Days gone after a few hours of Spiderman and got hit with a loading screen!! What the frig is that crap!!!

Apart from the landing screens Day Gone seems to be running perfect and looks great :p

Soldato
After playing Astro and feeling how good the DualSense is I'm looking forward to more games implementing it as good as this. HZD 2 will be great, sneaking through all the grass, snow, rain, drawing back your bow, different bows with different attachments will all feel in turn different to each other, great stuff.

Really liking how you can hit options and easily navigate to a different point in the game, percent for missed collectibles.

Soldato
Has anyone else got a rather large amount of space used by "Other" on theirs? Currently I have 4 games installed - Astro, Dirt 5, Spiderman and Sackboy. I've not even played Spiderman or Sackboy yet, but my "Other" is 43GB. I'm more concerned about that creeping up in future rather than the size of the actual game installs because you can't manage anything to do with it.

It'll be the OS, recovery data, system caching and reserved space to let the SSD work efficiently. The more data on the drive, the more free space it needs.

Soldato
Love the PS app and the ability to set off downloads even for ps4 games. Working from home so can't download stuff as it'll affect my connection, but as I'm on lunch I've just started a download from the app! :D

Screenshot-20201120-123839-com-scee-psxandroid.jpg

Soldato
After playing Astro and feeling how good the DualSense is I'm looking forward to more games implementing it as good as this. HZD 2 will be great, sneaking through all the grass, snow, rain, drawing back your bow, different bows with different attachments will all feel in turn different to each other, great stuff.

Really liking how you can hit options and easily navigate to a different point in the game, percent for missed collectibles.

I found astrobot gave my hands quite a workout, its really amazing how well it works, especially when theres tension in something, you can imagine the possibilitys with opening doors and finding them locked and stuff like that.

Soldato
What ps4 games have you guys tried and your experiences?

Everybodys golf (does have a 60hz mode but only in 1080p) same as ps4.
Cloudpunk - terrible ps4 framerate, still has some frame rate issues on ps5 but a lot better.
PES2020 - all jitters gone, much nicer all round experience.
Days gone - wow!
Until Dawn - also wow!

Caporegime
Do PS+ codes expire?

Reason I ask is ShopTo have a deal on 12 months, but I already got it on my US account but im tempted to pick it up but dont know if they expire after a certain date.

Soldato
Heres a guide to the ps5 usb ports.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/hardware/ps5-usb-ports-guide/

USB storage should be connected to a Superspeed USB port. It is recommended that you connect PS5 extended storage to the USB Type-C port on the front of your PS5 console. The USB Type-A ports on the back of your PS5 console can also support extended storage.

USB storage is not compatible with the USB Type-A port on the front of a PS5 console.
Hmnm, bit crap I was hoping the usb ssd could be be plugged in at the back to keep it out of sight behind the console.

Soldato
The only thing I don’t like about the PS5 controller is the Playstation button, doesn’t feel as good as on the DualShock 4 due to it just being the logo.
Yeah that’s the only part of the controller I don’t like either. It’s not a very ‘positive’ feeling button compared to the DualShock.

Soldato
Do PS+ codes expire?

Reason I ask is ShopTo have a deal on 12 months, but I already got it on my US account but im tempted to pick it up but dont know if they expire after a certain date.
Yeah they do, usually within 3 months of issue. I got caught out when I paid for a PS+ subscription voucher and forgot to actually redeem it!

Back
Top Bottom