• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

[Solved] Ryzen 3600 temps - new build

EmB

EmB

Associate
Been a while since a built a PC so want to check if the temps below are normal.

CPU is a 3600 cooled by a Cryorig M9A.

Idle temps sit at 55-60c and when I ran user benchmark I hit 80c.

I was monitoring this with HwMonitor and everything is at stock.

Does that sound right? I may try reseating the heat sink on the CPU as I may not have put enough paste.

Please let me know your thoughts.

The official animated installation guide may also be of use with regard to selecting the correct standoffs, and their orientation.
https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=freezer34esports

Concerned with the idea of applying paste from the supplied sachet, I thought better to use a fresh syringe of MX-4
to apply in a more controlled manner down the centre of each pipe as shown.

Let’s hope you report back reduced by 20°+ from where you were.

Soldato
The official animated installation guide may also be of use with regard to selecting the correct standoffs, and their orientation.
https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=freezer34esports

Concerned with the idea of applying paste from the supplied sachet, I thought better to use a fresh syringe of MX-4
to apply in a more controlled manner down the centre of each pipe as shown.

Let’s hope you report back reduced by 20°+ from where you were.
That video he uses about 10x the amount of mx4 paste i used on my 3600 and now 5800x!
I used a large grain of rice size amount in the middke. Max temps 69c on the 3600 with a Noctua u14-s

Soldato
My 3600 seems to hot too.

I originally used the stock cooler then changed to a Wraith but still see tempts of upto 80-85c when gaming. It just spikes up to that then back down.

When I originally did this build, folk here and reddit seemed to suggest it's fairly hot by within the normal area for this cpu as they do run fairly hot.

Still seems too much for me so would like to try a better cooler.

What's the go to 3rd party cooler (air)

Soldato
OP
Update:

Cryorig M9A removed, boxed up and packed for RMA.
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports installed.

HUGE difference!

Readings from Ryzen Master:
Idle is now: 30-35c
Load on Prime 95: 65-68c

Not tried during gaming but I'd imagine it would be less than the Prime 95 loads.

Fans are all very quiet!

Super pleased with the Arctic Freezer eSports 34!

Soldato
Update:

Cryorig M9A removed, boxed up and packed for RMA.
Arctic Freezer 34 eSports installed.

HUGE difference!

Readings from Ryzen Master:
Idle is now: 30-35c
Load on Prime 95: 65-68c

Not tried during gaming but I'd imagine it would be less than the Prime 95 loads.

Fans are all very quiet!

Super pleased with the Arctic Freezer eSports 34!

May go for that myself then! Is it simple to install on to AM4 an socket/board

Soldato
OP
May go for that myself then! Is it simple to install on to AM4 an socket/board

Really easy.
Key thing you need to do is when you put the heat-sink on you will need to hold up the motherboard back plate from the back, to give you enough thread to put the thumbscrews on.

This is a mistake a lot of people make and they then claim incompatibility with some AM4 motherboards. Once you get each thumb screw on it really tightens up nicely.

Thumbs up from me.

Soldato
Really easy.
Key thing you need to do is when you put the heat-sink on you will need to hold up the motherboard back plate from the back, to give you enough thread to put the thumbscrews on.

This is a mistake a lot of people make and they then claim incompatibility with some AM4 motherboards. Once you get each thumb screw on it really tightens up nicely.

Thumbs up from me.

Thanks!

Did you go for the duo variant?

Soldato
OP
No, I got the single variant (29.99), mainly because my case is very small (Metis Plus ITX).

In hindsight I could have got the duo variant because it looks like it would fit.

Back
Top Bottom