• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
This is one heavy, nice looking card!

Can't wait to get it installed!
iDYjqro.jpg

Got it installed. Looks classy!

fnyXFUU.jpg

First impressions are very good. I was worried after watching a couple of video reviews that it may have bad coil whine but my card is very quiet. You can hear a bit of coil whine if you put your ear to the case but sitting at my desk right next to the machine you can hear zero coil whine even when FPS hits over 200.

The fans are also very quiet. Running the heaven benchmark I could only hear a gentle whoosh which is quieter than my GTX 1080 Palit card.

The performance is just shy of double the FPS of my GTX 1080 in the heaven benchmark.

The build quality of the card is extremely high quality. It is quite heavy (heavier than the larger GTX 1080) and feels extremely solid.

I also noticed whilst running the benchmark that the image the GPU produced seemed to be more detailed than that of my GTX 1080. It may just be my imagination but it definitely seems that way. Seems sharper which looked really nice. Maybe it was just the much higher framerate?

Overall I have to say this is without a doubt the best GPU I have ever owned!
Great feedback, glad to hear you are enjoying it!:)

Can't get over how thin it looks, i must be used to 2.5-3 slot GPUs. :p

Very nice...

IMG20201119140835cop.jpg

IMG20201119140823cop.jpg

This is going to replace my RTX 3070.
Very nice, looks stylish i think.

May i ask why you are swapping from a 3070?

Man of Honour
OP
Welcome all and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LogOGKS.png

Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Chrisola, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, montymint, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, almoststew1990, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, lovelyhead, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 6800 (XT).

Associate
How are you guy able to get these cards ordered?

I just sat through the website crashing like everyone else, eventually saw the buy button and bought one. Lucky timing of when I hit F5 I guess, nothing special.

Literally got my delivery as I am typing this, woop.

Associate
I just sat through the website crashing like everyone else, eventually saw the buy button and bought one. Lucky timing of when I hit F5 I guess, nothing special.

Literally got my delivery as I am typing this, woop.

Lucky you!

:o
I am still ****** from not being able to get the XT i managed to get the 6800 from AMD but not really looking forward to it, any idea of when any 6800XT might come back in stock anywhere?

Caporegime
Lucky you!

:o
I am still ****** from not being able to get the XT i managed to get the 6800 from AMD but not really looking forward to it, any idea of when any 6800XT might come back in stock anywhere?
Did you manage to get the 6800 from the AMD Shop?

Not sure why you are not looking forward to it. Seems like a decent stopgap until you can get the 6800 XT.

Associate
Surprised about the very unassuming box, with literally nothing other than the GPU in it. Not even any legal compliance flyers or "register warranty here" or anything. Not the greatest unboxing experience... nothing like those reviewer samples.

Associate
Did you manage to get the 6800 from the AMD Shop?

Not sure why you are not looking forward to it. Seems like a decent stopgap until you can get the 6800 XT.

Well I guess I should be, I already have the order confirmation no words yet on despatch etc. either way I am still on the hunt for the 6800 XT.

Caporegime
Surprised about the very unassuming box, with literally nothing other than the GPU in it. Not even any legal compliance flyers or "register warranty here" or anything. Not the greatest unboxing experience... nothing like those reviewer samples.

Reviewers always get the bonus stuff :(

Associate
Mine is running quite warm, even if it is quiet. It hit 80c on AC Ody at 90 to 100% usage at 4k.

I guess I need to adjust from a nice cool 1070ti which needed up to 150watts less...

Mine hit 98°C junction temp after a bit of Rocket League which didnt sit well with me. Go in your Radeon settings under Tuning -> Manual -> Fan Tuning -> Advanced and adjust the fan curve to 100% at 90°C or so.

I have a temp sensor in my case that I had stuck to my old 980ti's heatpipe which is used to control the speed of my case fans. I elected not to stick it on the 6800XT for now as I plan to do complete rebuild once CPU arrives. That might be part of the reason of my bad temps, but manually setting the fan curve fixed it regardless.

Man of Honour
OP
tnl3UET.jpg

Even luckier, 2 whole packs of Haribo!

Just need to sort my loop out. card running Great ;)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LogOGKS.png

Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Rastan007, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Gears, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Chrisola, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, montymint, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, almoststew1990, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, lovelyhead, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 6800 (XT).

Back
Top Bottom