New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Emailed them asking why its been delayed twice, told me part shortage and would be with me 25th November. Now looked at my order and it says 29th January!

Soldato
To get a 10% discount due to the delay you have to ring customer care, ask why it has been delayed and they should tell you whats causing the delay or open a case to investigate. Once you get all the info ask if you can get a discount/compensation. That's how I got mine.

It's a huge delay but worth it for the discounted price if you can wait. Also if there are any major bargains over the Christmas period from other places then I'll just cancel this one.

Associate
Is IPS glow/backlight bleeding a serious thing on a IPS and can be seen during normal usage? I am currently on TN and cant really notice any problems with that and its the only reason why I am scared of getting an IPS monitor. I am using a PC 90% of the times in well-lit room and heard that it reduces the effects of ips glow.

Associate
At least you have a date my order looks like this
Screenshot-20201119-181437.jpg

Associate
Is IPS glow/backlight bleeding a serious thing on a IPS and can be seen during normal usage? I am currently on TN and cant really notice any problems with that and its the only reason why I am scared of getting an IPS monitor. I am using a PC 90% of the times in well-lit room and heard that it reduces the effects of ips glow.

My laptop and TV are IPS, on my TV I never see it. On the 14" laptop I can only see it on windows boot with the bright logo in the centre and the rest of the screen dark.(or not dark the corners glow)
I don't game on my laptop but do watch video and have not noticed IPS glow even in a dimly lit room. Like all monitors there is a bit of luck involved with panel quality but I think for me personally IPS glow would have to be very bad before it was a problem.

Associate
Rethinking this, the possible brexit shipping delays in January make it a bad order even at £250.
The only good thing is it looks like the money is just held at the bank until the production stage is reached so you get a refund a few hours after cancelling.

Associate
Just cancelled the second order (delayed until 25/01/21). Have sent Dell CS the corporate email they sent me regarding the initial order placed 5th Oct where they state the monitor should be delivered at the latest 5th Dec. Guess we see what happens next.

Tbh now I've got to the point of just looking to buy off another more trust-worthy vendor. The monitor was going to be part of a PC build which is going to be delayed anyway due to availability of other components so I might as well wait to see what newer monitors come out (the new MSI monitor with the AUO panel equivalent of the LG Nano-ips in the S2721DGF looks like it's the better panel )

Last edited:
Associate
My two on order have now been delayed until 25/01 as well.

I have just spoken to customer service who weren't able to tell me anything we don't already know. They did say that due to the shortage of parts etc. they may need to cancel some of the orders. They also said that there's a possibility of some discount in the form of a refund once they arrive (if they ever do).

The money won't be taken until they ship so going to forget about my order for a month or so and if I find another monitor I prefer in the meantime I'll cancel then.

Associate
My order got postponed to 26.01 also, sent them an inquiry over webform and also called them. Customer care on phone promised it won't get postponed again and offered me 5% discount, 1 hour later I got an email offering 10% discount. Well getting the discount is good but not sure if the monitors will get shipped actually at the end of January or not.

Associate
Soldato
Brexit and covid are having massive impact on UK supply chains, proplems getting PSUs aswell, or even mountain bikes, it's not a case of buying what you want, it's a case of buying whats available that's closest to what you want.

Back
Top Bottom