• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Running 1920MHz boost @ 70C pretty solid under GPU heavy gaming loads hitting the power limit so don't think there is much overclocking to come from this card but fairly reasonable out the box.

(Haven't tried upping the power limit yet)
Try undervolting it a little, you can drops those temps and keep that clock probably. That way the clocks will stay stable too.

Man of Honour
Try undervolting it a little, you can drops those temps and keep that clock probably. That way the clocks will stay stable too.

Seems to hold the clock pretty well - couple of times saw 1860 but so far pretty much limited by power.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Seems to hold the clock pretty well - couple of times saw 1860 but so far pretty much limited by power.
That's good. Worth trying though, temps would drop a lot and it would stay within 15mhz if done right. I enjoyed setting up a few profiles by undervolting myself. One keeps stock performance and saves on avarage 60w and the other keeps stock power draw but improves performance by at least 5% and keeps clocks stable.

Man of Honour
That's good. Worth trying though, temps would drop a lot and it would stay within 15mhz if done right. I enjoyed setting up a few profiles by undervolting myself. One keeps stock performance and saves on avarage 60w and the other keeps stock power draw but improves performance by at least 5% and keeps clocks stable.

Turning up the power limit if anything seems counter-productive - don't have time at the moment to mess with voltages. Still hitting power as the perfcap reason but seeing a lot more drops to 1860MHz if I whack it up to 109%.

Might try messing about with the fans but even with a bit of a sub-optimal layout with the GPU venting into the CPU exhaust flow (don't ask) with this Air 540 case temperatures are well in hand and staying below 70C with only 40% fan speed on the GPU. Might go back to an AIO on the CPU though to further optimise things with this setup.

Soldato
Not really tweaked mine as runs well as is. Temp maxes at 63c 1:1 fan curve running COD:MW for a few hours. Ran port royal and got 9321, tried with power limit to max and crashed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Turning up the power limit if anything seems counter-productive - don't have time at the moment to mess with voltages. Still hitting power as the perfcap reason but seeing a lot more drops to 1860MHz if I whack it up to 109%.

Might try messing about with the fans but even with a bit of a sub-optimal layout with the GPU venting into the CPU exhaust flow (don't ask) with this Air 540 case temperatures are well in hand and staying below 70C with only 40% fan speed on the GPU. Might go back to an AIO on the CPU though to further optimise things with this setup.
I never said anything up power limit. I am talking about voltage shown in the curve editor. Does not take too long, certainly much quicker than going AIO. Just a suggestion anyway, each to their own :)

Man of Honour
I never said anything up power limit. I am talking about voltage shown in the curve editor. Does not take too long, certainly much quicker than going AIO. Just a suggestion anyway, each to their own :)

I know just commenting as I tried it. Don't have time at the moment - AIO ain't something I'm rushing towards I've gone mostly passive with my current setup to keep noise down.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I know just commenting as I tried it. Don't have time at the moment - AIO ain't something I'm rushing towards I've gone mostly passive with my current setup to keep noise down.
Fair enough. Look forward to what you can do with the 3070 as the 1070 was holding you back with regards to RTX.

Man of Honour
It finally arrived! The sheer girth of this thing!

Have to say I'm not loving the power connector adaptor on mine - it is worse as the 12 pin is 90 degree rotated on the 3070 as well - didn't think it would bother me but it is a bit awkward looking.

Slightly over doubled my framerate in The Division though I'm now slightly CPU limited - 92% GPU utilisation compared to 96-97% on the GTX1070. Was expecting a little more actually though I'm not running much of an overclock on the CPU currently as I've not had time to fully test the Xeon at higher clocks.

Soldato
The 12 pin on the 3070 is utterly pointless as it just goes to a single 8 pin. I get why they did it, they created a standard to solve a problem they had on another card, but it doesn’t mean you need to use it everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom