I need to vent about my experience with an LG monitor.

Soldato
OP
Update to this (just more venting):

Have chased LG this week, told that I will hear in 2-3 working days - I get nothing.

Have just called Overclockers who informed me they cannot do anything as I don't have the monitor and they won't step in between me and LG.

Feeling a little frustrated with this - almost at the point of doing a charge back on my credit card :(

I was really hoping OCUK could do a little more to help, since I was handed over to LG to deal with by them.

Soldato
Unreal. Do you still have the tracking information to prove it wasn't?

In any case this is really terrible customer service on the side of OCUK. The fact they shirked responsibility for it off to the manufacturer is a bit of an eye opener. I thought we were charged above market rates for most components here because when things went wrong, their CS took care of it.

Caporegime
Unreal. Do you still have the tracking information to prove it wasn't?

In any case this is really terrible customer service on the side of OCUK. The fact they shirked responsibility for it off to the manufacturer is a bit of an eye opener. I thought we were charged above market rates for most components here because when things went wrong, their CS took care of it.

You are charged more so their employees can drive Ferraris.

Profit drives prices not customer service

Permabanned
That's what I'd do, but aren't you way past the cut off time for a chargeback? Isn't it 120 days from the date of transaction?

Mastercard told me it was five years, Paypal even less though if you use Paypal checkout it breaks section 75. You have loads of rights chargeback is a last resort though that done in the wrong place could lead to a ban. So always inform them that if there can be no reasoning then section 75 is the only option left.

Associate
My newish LG 27GL850-B broke with back lines down the screen, so I contacted OCUK, they advised to send it back to LG, I did and luckily the service was pretty good, but I know when my Dell monitor broke quite a few years ago they came to pick it up and brought a replacement with them rather than a repair.

I'm just worried this LG will last until the warranty ends and then break.

I think it is disgraceful that you can't send a 3 month old monitor back to the shop you bought it from for a replacement.

Caporegime
My newish LG 27GL850-B broke with back lines down the screen, so I contacted OCUK, they advised to send it back to LG, I did and luckily the service was pretty good, but I know when my Dell monitor broke quite a few years ago they came to pick it up and brought a replacement with them rather than a repair.

I'm just worried this LG will last until the warranty ends and then break.

I think it is disgraceful that you can't send a 3 month old monitor back to the shop you bought it from for a replacement.
Dell are awesome in my limited experience and from everything I've ever heard. No quibbles swap outs (which they did for me twice) and free collection from your house.

What's not to love?

Otherwise if not buying Dell would have to make sure you were dealing with a retailer that doesn't try to avoid their legal responsibilities. If you can find one. They're all at it these days. "Oh no sir, after 30 days you have to take it up with the manufacturer." Amazing how many people get fobbed off like that.

Soldato
OP
Dell are awesome in my limited experience and from everything I've ever heard. No quibbles swap outs (which they did for me twice) and free collection from your house.

What's not to love?

Otherwise if not buying Dell would have to make sure you were dealing with a retailer that doesn't try to avoid their legal responsibilities. If you can find one. They're all at it these days. "Oh no sir, after 30 days you have to take it up with the manufacturer." Amazing how many people get fobbed off like that.

I really wish I could get my money back and order the sell equivalent monitor direct from them :(

Back
Top Bottom