• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
The annoying thing is all the anxiety could have been avoided with a proper status update. I was not annoyed it was delayed, I was worried because I thought it stolen. How is your saga going @antijoke

Associate
Hi guys and girls, I was wondering if I could get some advice.
I pre ordered a PS5 in September from John Lewis, my other half took yesterday off to accept delivery and I took today off to. enjoy the weekend with it. However despite receiving an email saying that I will definitely receive it, John Lewis are now saying the supplier hasn't sent it out and they don't know when I will receive it. Customer service have been worse than if I'd bought this off the back of the lorry. I have no idea what to do, I have emailed the complaints department, emailed customer support, rung customer support and keep going round in circles, does anyone have any advice? My partner is on a zero hours contact, and by not going to work yesterday lost a significant amount of money, I have wasted a day of annual leave for a product that I'm not going to receive an update for until Monday now.

Soldato
I think it’s just the original game. It’s not a special edition or anything like that from what I can see.
Ah okay I just seem to remember Sony saying they were going to keep the game going with lots of free content when it was first released,. maybe I'll dip into it at some point see if there is anything extra.

Soldato
What ps4 games have you guys tried and your experiences?

Everybodys golf (does have a 60hz mode but only in 1080p) same as ps4.
Cloudpunk - terrible ps4 framerate, still has some frame rate issues on ps5 but a lot better.
PES2020 - all jitters gone, much nicer all round experience.
Days gone - wow!
Until Dawn - also wow!

The one reason i would have had of buying a ps5 now is star ocean 4.

the ps4 version is similar to PC it lets you choose graphical options, on the ps4 pro, if you downscale from 4k "and" keep max drawing distance it cannot sustain max framerate, I am hoping thats solved on the ps5. As the pop in is horrid on lower settings and hair looks bad on lower resolutions. (it did look great originally on the 360 ironically I think this is down to crappy modern AA which has to be masked by super high resolutions).

All my other ps4 games I play dont have performance issues. devs chose sensible defaults such as 30fps caps or didnt try to make games photo realistic so are fine.

Soldato
Just set it up. Playing through astros now. Wow the controller is so good ! :D console is whisper quiet too.

Edit. The music is awesome.

downloading borderlands 3 in the meantime. Also downloading the new spider man.

Soldato
So just had the rest mode / repair issue. Placed the console in to rest mode with AC:V open. Checked back and noticed all leds were off and console had seemingly powered itself off. Required button on front to power back on and then prompted for a repair after complaining or insinuating I had removed / unplugged the AC adapter!

Clearly going to fully shut down games from now on till hopeful fix.

Sad to hear of the sleep mode issue, as sleep mode on the ps4 is so flawless, many times I have used it for preserving game state, so reliable.

That's not a UK law thing as such, but the suppler can stop supplying you if you do it as it's probably in their supply contracts not to split such items. Obviously if your not original reseller it's not relevant.

Yeah what they probably need to do is the database idea, which sony has access to (could be gdpr issues maybe), and if retailer has taken liberties they get less supply as punishment or blacklisted.

Also they could do an authorised seller program, which wouldnt prevent used console sales, but would forbid new sales on ebay. Sellers could pretend new consoles are used, but might make it harder to get premium sale price.

Associate
Just got a text from RM, coming Monday. Unbelievable, booked 2 days off for this. Game are never getting a penny from me every again.

That sucks. I booked time off too but thankfully my work are very flexible and I could move it.

At least you have some actual certainty now, no more guessing or worrying. I’m yet to have a text from RM so can only assume mine is going to be Monday or later. Agreed that I’ll never go with Game again - they’ve lost a lot (or what was remaining) of respect across the board due to this release.

Soldato
Only thing I'm worried about is the controller breaking through vibrating itself to death... Will durability be a thing with it? I've never had a controller break before now and it never came into my head until I was using it for Astro! :)

I dont understand how people like haptic feedback, I just turn it off, problem solved for durability :)

Caporegime
The annoying thing is all the anxiety could have been avoided with a proper status update. I was not annoyed it was delayed, I was worried because I thought it stolen. How is your saga going @antijoke

24 hours into the 48 hour wait.

Be ringing tomorrow to chase it up. No idea what to do, a replacement is obviously a “how longs a piece of string” scenario, and even if they do get stock, do I want to risk their logistics partners delivering, sorry, stealing it again? Or do I take my chances ordering from another retailer and having to watch stock updates like a hawk in the hope I can beat a bot to get one.

Or do I just write it off and look to pick one up when I can in person next year at some point, I mean I have a series x so I’m not missing out and I’ll be playing Cyberpunk any way.

Soldato
I've been on Demon's Souls half the night and most of the day and it's great. Areas that were a complete slide show on the PS3 are buttery smooth and look stunning! The gameplay more than holds up.

Back
Top Bottom