• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I was 199th last week for the 5950x if they get 200 I may get lucky.

I would have thought so especially with cancellations coming through now if other retailers are getting similar numbers. Hopefully this is the case an we might be surprised to see the flagship reaching demand supply equilibrium first. I was low 200's and my expectation was just before christmas...that being said the way things have gone on other shipments its all subject to change and delays still so keeping expectations low to be pleasantly surprised

Associate
200 x 5950x’s is good news, hopefully that comes through.... what’s the chances of a bunch of orders cancelled and me picking one up out of this from last weeks position of 223?

Associate
Yep getting anything is difficult at the minute and likely to stay that way for a bit.

I bought my PSU, RAM, case, rads, fans, monoblock, and all the custom loop fittings and tubing, coolant etc. ahead of time. So now I just need my CPU and mobo which I ordered together. Also need a GPU but the way things are I may just grab a cheap RX 570/580 just to tide me over so I can watch 4k movies on my new big TV until the new GPU stock levels settle down in Q1 2021.

Just picked up a PS5 today too so have plenty of games to keep me busy til I can finish the new gaming rig build so that's not too bad at all!

ah mate im in on this build big time. its my last big build for a long time i hope, going pretty extreme on it

corsair 1000d
ax 1600i on order
gigabyte x570 aorus extreme
amd 5950x
asus 3090
128gb 4000mhz gskill
ek 1000d distro plate with 2x d5,s
6 x ssd
2 x m.2
lg ultragear 38. + my old u2711 dell + a little 1080
+plus all the peripherals for my flight sims mfds pedals blah blah blah

tubing and kit fittings etc on order now fans in the bag, need to get a couple rads yet not sure what ones to go for as yet

near to retirement now so treating my self to a real nice build,

i just enjoy building and have been quiet for a while, hope it plays wow lol.

Associate
ah mate im in on this build big time. its my last big build for a long time i hope, going pretty extreme on it

corsair 1000d
ax 1600i on order
amd 5950x
asus 3090
128gb 4000mhz gskill
6 x ssd
2 x m.2

tubing and kit fittings etc on order now fans in the bag, need to get a couple rads yet not sure what ones to go for as yet

Jesus and I thought my build was over the top. Asus Strix 3090 + 5950x over here.

How much was all of that? Must be atleast £7000. $9000

Soldato
I don't know how everyone can wait and wait and wait knowing stock of xyz may or may not arrive. Happy I paid over the odds for a 5800X for it to come next day and cancelled my preorder.

There's a couple of 5800X listed on a well know auction website for £550 with 1 day delivery. After fees and postage it's not more than RRP, maybe £30. Way easier doing that IMO

Granted I would prefer to buy new from OcUK / other online store but if there's is no stock for months then its not possible.

I had a preorder at a highstreet retailer too (since 04/11) they were even worse, not even a single email on stock update and couldnt get an update over the phone. All they could say when I went to the store was that stock had been allocated to me and it would be arriving in 2 - 4 days. 4 days later I went back and was told there was a stock discrepancy. This was after waiting outside about 20 minutes each time. What a royal waste of my time and money. The only good thing to come of that was having updates from a guy on here (Steven) about a competitor. If you read this you know who you are, thank you. Way more useful than the big highstreet retail store staff

Next time something like this happens i'll let a scalper do the hard work whilst I sit back and earn some overtime to pay the ~£100 premium. You live and learn as they say

Associate
Jesus and I thought my build was over the top. Asus Strix 3090 + 5950x over here.

How much was all of that? Must be atleast £7000. $9000
yeh i know .... far to much but its my hobby and im hoping it will last a couple generations of updates.. lets just say all in all with peripherals i could get a damn good second hand range rover or a deposit on a 2 bed semi.. (devon) heh ho treat myself one last time.. GF isnt happy about the monitor purchase let alone the rest....
like i say to her if i was going away on golf weekends or paying for a season ticket it would cost xxxxx .

Soldato
yeh i know .... far to much but its my hobby and im hoping it will last a couple generations of updates.. lets just say all in all with peripherals i could get a damn good second hand range rover or a deposit on a 2 bed semi.. (devon) heh ho treat myself one last time.. GF isnt happy about the monitor purchase let alone the rest....
like i say to her if i was going away on golf weekends or paying for a season ticket it would cost xxxxx .
People on here have way more expensive computer parts (thinking high end Xeon / Threadripper) 5950x is a drop in the ocean really... plus what can poeple spend their money on at the moment anyway - Takeaway, PS5 and Ryzen 5000! :D

Associate
Don't worry. Those new defenders are disgusting. Nothing worth saving for. And the older models are sky rocketing. Good thing I bought 3 10 years ago. One is in pieces as it's been a rebuilding project! Enjoy the PC

Soldato

corsair 1000d
ax 1600i on order
amd 5950x
asus 3090
128gb 4000mhz gskill
6 x ssd
2 x m.2

That deserves a VR headset for when MSFS gets VR support. Will be glorious enjoy the rig.

Associate
People on here have way more expensive computer parts (thinking high end Xeon / Threadripper) 5950x is a drop in the ocean really... plus what can poeple spend their money on at the moment anyway - Takeaway, PS5 and Ryzen 5000! :D
ah yeh ive seen some that are really extreme. i rememebr thinking a while back ooooh EVGA SR2 twin Xeon Build that would be awesome. but what others spend, i wish, that wont justify it to the GF tho. im just a lowly NHS driver on just over min wage so to me its a huge investment in my hobby. but heh ho do it while you can i guess, id love to spend double on parts and have enough for the holidays etc etc but im not going anywhere now so PC parts and gaming it is.. problem is i always spend on friday nights.. gaming night and vodka night. over the years OC and a few others have had their wages out of me one way or another.. lol

Associate
I don't know how everyone can wait and wait and wait knowing stock of xyz may or may not arrive. Happy I paid over the odds for a 5800X for it to come next day and cancelled my preorder.

There's a couple of 5800X listed on a well know auction website for £550 with 1 day delivery. After fees and postage it's not more than RRP, maybe £30. Way easier doing that IMO

Granted I would prefer to buy new from OcUK / other online store but if there's is no stock for months then its not possible.

I had a preorder at a highstreet retailer too (since 04/11) they were even worse, not even a single email on stock update and couldnt get an update over the phone. All they could say when I went to the store was that stock had been allocated to me and it would be arriving in 2 - 4 days. 4 days later I went back and was told there was a stock discrepancy. This was after waiting outside about 20 minutes each time. What a royal waste of my time and money. The only good thing to come of that was having updates from a guy on here (Steven) about a competitor. If you read this you know who you are, thank you. Way more useful than the big highstreet retail store staff

Next time something like this happens i'll let a scalper do the hard work whilst I sit back and earn some overtime to pay the ~£100 premium. You live and learn as they say

Dont pay the scalpers because, as tempting as it is, its just winds the market up and you'll see it for years to come and before long none of us will be able to afford them because retailers will try and better the scalpers. Just dont! Money is power and as long as someone is willing to pay a price then thats what the product is worth.

As has been said before its just a bad year for it, lockdown - Everyone all of sudden want to buy computers and upgrade.... and we're just talking CPUs here....have you even tried getting any fittings for watercooling or simple LED lighting? whether its CPUs, GPUs, PS5s, sand for a patio, fence paint or toilet roll everything is in short supply this year. Unfortunately the retailers have taken the brunt of frustrations as everyone thinks its all stuck in a warehouse somewhere.

But the figures from AMD (based on previous ryzen launches) launched with "xyz" supply of CPUs on 5th of November....however when they say (take statistics and numbers as you wish) that demand outstripped supply by over 10x their original launch forecast then of course theirs going to be a backlog. Yes they could have easily delayed the launch or manufactured more but if this supply was not met with this demand then all this stock would have sat in a warehouse costing them a fortune in taxes and unsold products. Even @Gibbo mentioned this was the craziest launch ever and we've all seen the numbers.

The difference is we're not all standing in front of a shop queuing, everything is online now squeezed through a small number of outlets and of course there's pressure. But just cast your mind back to when B&Q opened its doors in summer....could you believe all these people were painting fences and building patios? I can't believe everyone's upgrading their computers...but apparently they are! In the 15 years I've been building my own machines I've not seen it this crazy before but with the dawn of youtube, mega titles, VR, "instagram/all show no go" builds you name it everyones on it now. And what else do you do in winter now you cant build a patio but are still in lock down? the same thing as everyone else build a PC.

It will come good and it might seem like a long wait but why in this generation must we have this "iphone 12" envy Kevin seems to bleat on about to me every night? Ride the Corona wave and control the frustrations of a sh** year, and get ready to bench them numbers!

Oh yeah.... and dont feed the Scalpers! It will be bad for all of us I promise....

Back
Top Bottom