• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Wow very nice! That'll be a very sweet set up once it's done! And you're dead right to treat yourself!

I'm doing my second ever build, and going kind of all out as well, although not as all out as you :eek:

I do astrophotography so photo and video editing but want a really good gaming system too. Need a solid multithreaded capable chip that handles single threaded game performance too, 5950x was a no brainier.

- Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL (all the rage these days!)
- Corsair 850 PSU
- Ryzen 9 5950x
- Asus Crosshair VIII Hero X570
- 2 x 16GB 3600MHz G.Skill Trident Z Neo
- Holding out for an Asus 3080 (quite tickled by the 3090 too but just out of my price range)
- 2 x 1TB M.2 drives (980 Pro), 2 x 2TB HDD (WD Green)

- Custom front panel dual loop distro plate with 2 x D5 EK pumps, Acrylic hard line tubes and monoblock and fittings and rads and 2 colours of coolant all from EK
- 7 x 120mm and 2 x 140mm case fans by Arctic, and an Aquacomputer octo fan control hub

First time doing a custom loop, bloody expensive when you add it all up, but why not treat yourself after this horrible year we've had!

yes m8 looks good that lian li etc i allready had the 1000d in a box in fact still in the box waitin on all b4 using any.

Soldato
Dont pay the scalpers because, as tempting as it is, its just winds the market up and you'll see it for years to come and before long none of us will be able to afford them because retailers will try and better the scalpers. Just dont! Money is power and as long as someone is willing to pay a price then thats what the product is worth.

As has been said before its just a bad year for it, lockdown - Everyone all of sudden want to buy computers and upgrade.... and we're just talking CPUs here....have you even tried getting any fittings for watercooling or simple LED lighting? whether its CPUs, GPUs, PS5s, sand for a patio, fence paint or toilet roll everything is in short supply this year. Unfortunately the retailers have taken the brunt of frustrations as everyone thinks its all stuck in a warehouse somewhere.

But the figures from AMD (based on previous ryzen launches) launched with "xyz" supply of CPUs on 5th of November....however when they say (take statistics and numbers as you wish) that demand outstripped supply by over 10x their original launch forecast then of course theirs going to be a backlog. Yes they could have easily delayed the launch or manufactured more but if this supply was not met with this demand then all this stock would have sat in a warehouse costing them a fortune in taxes and unsold products. Even @Gibbo mentioned this was the craziest launch ever and we've all seen the numbers.

The difference is we're not all standing in front of a shop queuing, everything is online now squeezed through a small number of outlets and of course there's pressure. But just cast your mind back to when B&Q opened its doors in summer....could you believe all these people were painting fences and building patios? I can't believe everyone's upgrading their computers...but apparently they are! In the 15 years I've been building my own machines I've not seen it this crazy before but with the dawn of youtube, mega titles, VR, "instagram/all show no go" builds you name it everyones on it now. And what else do you do in winter now you cant build a patio but are still in lock down? the same thing as everyone else build a PC.

It will come good and it might seem like a long wait but why in this generation must we have this "iphone 12" envy Kevin seems to bleat on about to me every night? Ride the Corona wave and control the frustrations of a sh** year, and get ready to bench them numbers!

Oh yeah.... and dont feed the Scalpers! It will be bad for all of us I promise....

It needs to stop at the souce. Stop the scalpers and bots!
If retail (online and highstreet) stores had adequate means of stopping bots and scalpers then problem solved. Until then, it will happen.
Get good CAPTCHA, even implement something that requires passport ID and proof of address. 1 item limit per person, a confirmation the serial of the chip is being used by the person who purchased it etc.
Money certainly is power so where I can spend my time earning more money (from working) instead of standing outside in the rain waiting for a stock update that doesnt happen then I'll just pay the money. It's not like I have a choice if I want the product really
I would even pay the £100 more for anti bot/scalper purchases

Associate
Puts flat on market, orders released cpu 5900x, gets offer on flat rejects several finally accepts, still no cpu, goes house hunting views 11 properties, still no cpu, finds right house puts offer in and is conditionally accepted. Still no cpu.

Its looking like its quicker to buy and sell property than buy a cpu

Associate
Queue number 127 down from 135, 5800x. Must've been cancellations, didnt they say couldnt get any 5800x's in because they were too expensive or something?

Soldato
Thank you for your pre-order for the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X Sixteen Core 4.9GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail on order 5xxxxxx.

You are currently in queue position 81.

Im 8 positions down from last week woooohooo :D and if thats correct and we are indeed getting 200 next week, hopefully i get the cpu next week i hope

Back
Top Bottom