• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So if you want to buy that MS extended warranty I have to wait for stock at MS and buy it at the same time?

I don't think there is a way to buy the Complete warranty in the UK yet. I bought my SX from Microsoft and cant currently buy the warranty.

It's available to buy in the store on Xbox, but the link is broken. If you try to buy it from the website, the link just tries to open up the Windows MS store.

Associate
Surely LG will list the specs.
CX series has HDMI 2.1 and all the features that go with.

Maybe I've just looked at too many reviews for different sets, but I was fed up of reading text in brackets saying this or that isn't supported on the 49" versions. If the CX definitely includes it on the 48" for then I guess it's time to start saving.

Soldato
Maybe I've just looked at too many reviews for different sets, but I was fed up of reading text in brackets saying this or that isn't supported on the 49" versions. If the CX definitely includes it on the 48" for then I guess it's time to start saving.
The 48” CX is as fully specced as the other LG OLED, it’s the only sub 50” TV that doesn’t cut corners.

Soldato
Well after my usb c play and charge didn't turn up Microsoft refunded which is great.

However UPS just turned up and delivered it

Seems cheaper than the Xbox One version because that had a small light to show it's charging or fully charged.

This new one has no lights

Soldato
On the subject of storage this is what I have done.

Lots of old unused 2.5 inch drives I have here spindles and ssd's, for now I have plugged in a 120 gig kingston to be used for persistent external clip storage.
Also I purchased a refurbished 2tb WD passport directly from WD, interestingly I got a shrink wrapped unit which on SMART plugged into my laptop at the moment, has had 3 power cycles, and 0 power on hours, although I am aware of the possibility the manufacturer could reset SMART stats either via direct access or swapping out the board. But I got it for £25 and should be fine.

Permabanned

Lots of old unused 2.5 inch drives I have here spindles and ssd's, for now I have plugged in a 120 gig kingston to be used for persistent external clip storage.
Also I purchased a refurbished 2tb WD passport directly from WD, interestingly I got a shrink wrapped unit which on SMART plugged into my laptop at the moment, has had 3 power cycles, and 0 power on hours, although I am aware of the possibility the manufacturer could reset SMART stats either via direct access or swapping out the board. But I got it for £25 and should be fine.

Can you specify clips should go on a certain drive? Want to get another usb drive for vids etc.

I also have a 2TB usb drive, which seems fine for older games and "cold" storage.

Caporegime

How did you get it for £25? I bought one for £35 last week.

Soldato
How did you get it for £25? I bought one for £35 last week.

I was given a discount code when I RMA'd a drive and decided to use it. The same drive without code was £41. Which is still a good price. There is a thinner drive for £39 but I think the thinner drives might be SMR, so I chose the thicker one.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was given a discount code when I RMA'd a drive and decided to use it. The same drive without code was £41. Which is still a good price. There is a thinner driver for £39 but I think the thinner drives might be SMR, so I chose the thicker one.
Ah, yeah the one I got was an elements and I was surprised how thick and heavy it was! Must be a dual 1TB platter.

Soldato
Can you specify clips should go on a certain drive? Want to get another usb drive for vids etc.

I also have a 2TB usb drive, which seems fine for older games and "cold" storage.

yes, basically it has to be already formatted as NTSF (I tried it first unformatted and it didnt add it). When you connect the drive a prompt will appear asking if you want to use for media or games/app storage. If you select media, it will not wipe anything on the drive, and enable it for use for clips/screenshots.

After this go to settings and can see in this video I made where to set which storage to use.

External storage can not upload directly to xbox live so it is harder to share content, I believe you can still upload to one drive directly though, and you can unplug the drive, connect to pc, share from there, plug it back in, reselect external and carry on as before.

https://streamable.com/wccwem

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking to buy an LG TV for the Xbox SX, my current LG LED seems to be on its way out. As for the Xbox, I missed it at launch so will try and get one when stock is back in. I was wondering what TV's you are using and what would you recommend (apologies if you have probably heard this question a lot);

I am looking at a getting LG OLED CX 65" or better if you know of one and probably getting it at the end of December / January (budget up to £2500 / not wall mounted).

But I have concerns with screen burn / image retention as I have read quite a few mixed views on this with OLED TV's, some say its and issue others say it isn't? As bad as this sounds I can quite happily sit for hours on the Xbox One over the weekend after a hard week at work, typically DayZ on a Sunday for 5 hours!

1. Which TV do you recommend (LG OLED CX 65" with stand?)
2. Screen burn - is this an issue and for the hours I put in gaming is a OLED suitable?
3. What is the longest time you game on a OLED and what precautions do you take to avoid burn in from long gaming stints?

Thank you

Soldato
CX is a great tv I have the C9 and have had oleds for a few years now I have not had any screen burn or retention I don’t really take any precautions other than the built in ones on the tv. It’s used for everything including gaming.

Back
Top Bottom