Priti Stick.

Associate
They probably did deserve shouting at. She has an important job to do and is probably going against their will with a lot of policies. Sorry if their feelings got hurt.

Soldato
She has had to impose her will on a department known for its inability to change in order to get a bill prepared in time for brexit. A contentious bill no doubt, overturning 40 years of free movement between the UK and the rest of Europe. On the negative side she is a woman, not very physically imposing and she had to stand up to the home office mandarins and senior civil servants who i am sure were resistant to a few of her ideas. I am not surprised really if the language was robust at times and the required workload heavy. Some people were always bound to complain.

Some of the mental gymnastics in this thread :confused:

Soldato
I find it a bit concerning that that Home Secretary has been entirely absent during a once-in-a-century global pandemic.

Then the one time she did make an appearance, she made a gaff worthy of Diane Abbot.

So she get's rolled out, makes a complete dogs dinner of it and you're surprised they've not used her again ;) While the faux empathy of Hancock is nauseating to watch at least he gives it a try. With Patel it's so clear that she actually doesn't give two hoots that she can't even pretend, much like her "apology", the words coming out of her mouth say one thing but you know she basically saying **** YOU !

Soldato
So she get's rolled out, makes a complete dogs dinner of it and you're surprised they've not used her again ;) While the faux empathy of Hancock is nauseating to watch at least he gives it a try. With Patel it's so clear that she actually doesn't give two hoots that she can't even pretend, much like her "apology", the words coming out of her mouth say one thing but you know she basically saying **** YOU !
Yep, it’s just more evidence that she’s not suitable for the job.

Back
Top Bottom