• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I accept that children are an important driving force. But at the same time, and I mean no disrespect, perhaps the life lesson needs to be a person cannot always have what they want.

I know I had similar lessons as a child as my parents couldn't afford what I asked for.

Expecting ebay to make less money so little Johnny can get his playstation for Christmas is just naive.

An open market economy only thrives with customers - and if people can and do pay double the normal price for stuff, in my view the fault lies with them.

Same as people who buy buggy half finished or repetitive franchise titles at full price every year and complain they are rubbish. If more people voted with their wallet, the message would get through to publishers its not acceptable.

But they don't, so ho hum.

Not disagreeing with anything you have said to be honest, it is supply and demand. Not naïve with regards to ebay, I know it won't happen, just saying it could be prevented via that route.

Associate
It's exactly like child syndrome. Lash out, threaten, stink up a fuss on twitter to get a reaction to fuel even more self anger. No the police wouldn't intervene. It's an issue between the retailer and couriers. Not wannabe vigilantes because their console didn't arrive when they wanted it.

No, I don't think it is that at all. End of the day you have paid for an item that the courier is, in all honesty, stealing. Social media is a good way to shame these companies that allow their staff to do this sort of thing. Once that is marked as the 'owner' has received it then it is theft. I'm sure the police wouldn't bother to come out, they don't bother to come out for break ins so why would they.

Associate
Currys just cancelled my order i made at 7:26am. I wasn't expecting it go through but i received no email saying it was cancelled and i still have the £449 payment still pending with Paypal.

I had the payment still pending for over a week with Costco for my 55" CX tv but i knew that was happening. My problem now is that Currys have no record of my order and have forgot to cancel the payment as well as the order.

I have contacted Currys as to when the pending payment will be cancelled but have they inadvertently wiped all evidence of my cancelled order? It is Currys we are talking about here :D

My order's been sat on 'Dispatched' since yesterday morning but nothing since, no further emails. Probably be cancelled but slight hope...

Soldato
After not bothering with a PS4 I am finding the PS5 amazing. Got several games installed already and I am going get external ssd just for the PlayStation plus collection.

I am totally blown away by Spider-Man remastered, prob best game I have played in last few years. Coldwar is decent and runs well and I hope to get into MP over coming days.

My friends are gutted they could not got hold of a PS5 so I am telling them to put there money towards 4K Oled while they wait.
I’m just playing through the remaster now before miles morales :) fantastic game ! Chose the 60fps option. Still looks and plays so good ! (Got an ever so slight coil whine/buzz on my console but not enough to put me off.)

V F

V F

Soldato
No, I don't think it is that at all. End of the day you have paid for an item that the courier is, in all honesty, stealing. Social media is a good way to shame these companies that allow their staff to do this sort of thing. Once that is marked as the 'owner' has received it then it is theft. I'm sure the police wouldn't bother to come out, they don't bother to come out for break ins so why would they.

You still have to take it up with Amazon, a decent person would take it up with the shop before stinking up a fuss on social media. If and when the shop couldn't deal with it, by all means then stink up a fuss. I've never had a single issue with Amazon dealing with any wrong doings.

This is all impatience kicking up like a child lashing out. A person has to have patience and go through the proper channels. Look at Amazon's response. They don't deal with support over twitter.

Hello! Our apologies for the poor experience. We're unable to access accounts via Twitter, but we'd like to help! Have you had the chance to reach out to us directly? If not, please connect with us here: https://amzn.to/3936CIX, so a team member can further assist. ^WT

That should have been the very first step after they filmed it. If Amazon needed the footage, then send it to Amazon. If things go sour, then by all means stick it online.

If I was a courier, I wouldn't be allowing any random joe to look in my van. I don't know you. Or what you're capable of doing.

Soldato
No the police wouldn't intervene. It's an issue between the retailer and couriers. Not wannabe vigilantes because their console didn't arrive when they wanted it.
I think it's a more complicated than that, very much of a grey area. The console did turn up right outside his house, it's not like the parcel accidently went missing, the driver chose to mark it as delivered but instead kept it for himself, that's fraud and theft, both illegal the last time I checked.

Like I said, grey area, but simply saying it's between Amazon and the driver is not correct.

Soldato
s
In my view scalpers only exist because people are dumb enough to pay 2x, 3x, 4x etc the rrp for items.

Its an open market. If there's people willing to pay silly money for the same goods who is at fault? The scalper or the person with more money than sense?

An item is only worth what someone will pay for it.
Scalpers only exist because there is not enough supply.
If Sony had made enough PS5’s available then people would just buy it at RRP from a retailer.

Associate
You still have to take it up with Amazon, a decent person would take it up with the shop before stinking up a fuss on social media. If and when the shop couldn't deal with it, by all means then stink up a fuss. I've never had a single issue with Amazon dealing with any wrong doings.

This is all impatience kicking up like a child lashing out. A person has to have patience and go through the proper channels. Look at Amazon's response. They don't deal with support over twitter.

That should have been the very first step after they filmed it. If Amazon needed the footage, then send it to Amazon. If things go sour, then by all means stick it online.

If I was a courier, I wouldn't be allowing any random joe to look in my van. I don't know you. Or what you're capable of doing.

Yeah, don't disagree with you about contacting them first. To be honest I assumed he had, doesn't look like he did, so yeah wrong way to go about things.

I don't think he asked to look in it did he, just asked the courier to check again and asked him to check what it had been marked down as (delivered etc), which I don't think is being unreasonable.

V F

V F

Soldato
I think it's a more complicated than that, very much of a grey area. The console did turn up right outside his house, it's not like the parcel accidently went missing, the driver chose to mark it as delivered but instead kept it for himself, that's fraud and theft, both illegal the last time I checked.

Like I said, grey area, but simply saying it's between Amazon and the driver is not correct.

It is, the contract is between the shop and the courier to deliver the goods. Not the customer taking it into their own hands to threaten them to hand it over. Or worse, resort to violence.

Otherwise the customer is on very shaky grounds.

Yeah, don't disagree with you about contacting them first. To be honest I assumed he had, doesn't look like he did, so yeah wrong way to go about things.

I don't think he asked to look in it did he, just asked the courier to check again and asked him to check what it had been marked down as (delivered etc), which I don't think is being unreasonable.

Sadly too many are good at threatening and following vans about but I'm not implying this person.

Soldato
Anyone else having trouble charging controller? Shows as charging using front USB slot, even after a decent time will still immediately disconnect when unplugging it. Also it won’t charge at all using an iPhone/iPad charger. Would have preferred it use AA batteries like the xbox if I’m honest, had similar **** experience using the PS4 controllers.

Associate
It is, the contract is between the shop and the courier to deliver the goods. Not the customer taking it into their own hands to threaten them to hand it over. Or worse, resort to violence.

Otherwise the customer is on very shaky grounds.

But that is what I was getting at and I think JBeck. It has been marked as delivered, as handed to the 'owner'. So the courier and Amazon contract has been fulfilled and, in effect, it is in the owners possession.

I would say this guy had already seen on social media and news that PS5's had been going missing and when the courier got back in his van it had become apparent what was going on. I still feel I would have confronted the courier, especially if it has been marked as delivered. I wouldn't have resorted to physically touching the driver or his van, or threaten him, but would certainly ask him why he has marked it as delivered and ask if he could check again. I see nothing wrong with that.

Soldato
People on here moaning about scalpers whilst forum members are buying 7 at a time. The hypocrisy jesus christ. :confused:

I confess I have ordered 12, its all legit honest.

2 for me, one spare incase breaks.

2 for my siblings, 2 for my parents, 2 for my sister's children, 2 for my parents, 1 for my girlfriend, and another for her brother.

All perfectly normal to spend thousands of pounds on a game console launch for non profit reasons whilst in economic turmoil. :)

Soldato
I think in future you should have to register an address for pre-order delivery with Sony/MS, that's linked to your card so is legit, and then you get allocated a retailer and you only get one console per address.

There needs to be something to stop the scalpers and greedy sods, at least for the first 6 months.

That wouldn't be practical though, the whole point is for the retailers to deal with the selling of the consoles to customers, Sony won't want to get involved. I also don't want a manufacturer deciding who I have to buy something from.

Soldato
I accept that children are an important driving force. But at the same time, and I mean no disrespect, perhaps the life lesson needs to be a person cannot always have what they want.

I know I had similar lessons as a child as my parents couldn't afford what I asked for.

Pretty much it in a nutshell, is surprising how soft some parents are. At least half of my christmas I didnt get what I want, and if me and one of my siblings asked for the same thing we shared it.

I know someone who not only was pampered as a child, he now at mid 20s still has never paid rent, because his dad just brought a bungalow for him to live in rent free, and has yet to this day ever worked in his life, he is just used to everything been given what he asks for.

Back
Top Bottom