Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
I’m so lazy but I really need to test each EU server 1 by 1. The net code or servers have been absolutely terrible the last 2 weeks. The patch today has fixed none of the network issues in my eyes. Best FPS I’ve played in years that is slowly being ruined by coin toss fights and the battle vs desync

Still feeling it a bit from last nights **** show mate? Thanks for the loot though off that level 68 you killed :D

Aye, I like all the patch notes I’ve seen for the most recent updates.

Woods stuff on the live twitch stream last night looked promising, huge new camp between chimney stacks and scav patrol :)

Soldato
The net code or servers have been absolutely terrible the last 2 weeks. The patch today has fixed none of the network issues in my eyes. Best FPS I’ve played in years that is slowly being ruined by coin toss fights and the battle vs desync

I hated this about the game, it really is a very good FPS right up to randomly dying to somebody you just drilled full of 995 because he said/she said on the network code. Will come back dancing when this improves.

Soldato
I hated this about the game, it really is a very good FPS right up to randomly dying to somebody you just drilled full of 995 because he said/she said on the network code. Will come back dancing when this improves.

Tbh, it's massively better than it was pre November 2019 patch, the game was largely unplayable for me before then (played on and off for hundreds of hours since launch til that patch) but there are still instances when the netcode lets you down.

On the flipside, I can probably count on one hand the amount of instances i've had like that in the last few months...however, we only remember when it goes wrong...not when the netcode favours us ;)

Soldato
On the flipside, I can probably count on one hand the amount of instances i've had like that in the last few months...however, we only remember when it goes wrong...not when the netcode favours us ;)

This is true, I cant say ive quit just because of the netcode - I raced to 40 for the second time, upgraded everything to solar panels, got my bitcoin farm working and have stupid amounts of cash as well as a literal scav case ful of bitcoin, I think I just burnt myself out. Going to leave it for a season then come back later, still the best game ive played in yonks.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Personally I don't think I've come up against griefers, you get some exit campers but I find them very rare and they're normally awful.

It has a very steep learning curve, and you will die a lot, however once you get into it it's really quite fun. Pestily on YouTube will probably be your best bet as a new player for learning the ropes.

Soldato
I’m really not sure. The impression I get is it’s very very deep and can’t necessarily be treated like cod, for example.

I’m not wanting it to be full of griefers, like GTA V.

Sunk 1500+ hours into this over the last 12 months.

Fantastic game, very very hard to start with - as above - you will die a lot! Currently it's a long way into a wipe so lots of players running top tier ammo/guns/armour etc - It would be very very hard starting just now but you do need to start somewhere.

There potentially is a wipe due (everyones account gets reset back to zero) in about 2/3 months.

It's NOTHING like COD, much slower paced/hardcore game.

Watch some videos on youtube - Pestily/Lvndmark etc - They play it loads.

There is no in game VOIP or anything so if your playing solo - you won't get any stupid voice comms/messages from others. Brutally tough for new players but once you get into it - amazing.

Associate
Personally I don't think I've come up against griefers, you get some exit campers but I find them very rare and they're normally awful.

It has a very steep learning curve, and you will die a lot, however once you get into it it's really quite fun. Pestily on YouTube will probably be your best bet as a new player for learning the ropes.
Sunk 1500+ hours into this over the last 12 months.

Fantastic game, very very hard to start with - as above - you will die a lot! Currently it's a long way into a wipe so lots of players running top tier ammo/guns/armour etc - It would be very very hard starting just now but you do need to start somewhere.

There potentially is a wipe due (everyones account gets reset back to zero) in about 2/3 months.

It's NOTHING like COD, much slower paced/hardcore game.

Watch some videos on youtube - Pestily/Lvndmark etc - They play it loads.

There is no in game VOIP or anything so if your playing solo - you won't get any stupid voice comms/messages from others. Brutally tough for new players but once you get into it - amazing.

Thanks for the feedback, I've bought and installed it. Wish me luck!

Soldato
Thanks for the feedback, I've bought and installed it. Wish me luck!

Everything's pretty much been said by my squadmate @booyaka, we play together most days with a few others.

I would suggest finding some like minded folks to play with, take away the grind/slog you'll be up against to start with.

It's ruined me for other shooters, everything else feels arcadey and doesn't replicate the gunplay or movement in the same way.

Associate
Just reinstalled this and will get a few games in on the weekend, I'll have to try and remember all the buttons again :p if anyone is up for joining and doing raids or whatever then feel free to add me in :)
If anyone would like to help a newb please shout up! I've no idea how to add friends mind, so if someone could give me some pointers that'd be ace :)

Soldato
It's easy to die in this game. Not seen another player yet, but managed to get wiped out. Not fired a shot yet haha

Welcome to tarkov!!

Play Customs map to start with - most of the first few missions are on that map. Use a 2nd monitor for a map/phone for map. Use your scav a lot to start with to gather gear.

You can only complete missions as PMC but scav to get gear/stuff etc - get use to the maps/exits as much as you can.

Take your time - don't go rampaging around. Learn the maps is the best thing to do just now and don't worry about getting killed - that's Tarkov!

Associate
Welcome to tarkov!!

Play Customs map to start with - most of the first few missions are on that map. Use a 2nd monitor for a map/phone for map. Use your scav a lot to start with to gather gear.

You can only complete missions as PMC but scav to get gear/stuff etc - get use to the maps/exits as much as you can.

Take your time - don't go rampaging around. Learn the maps is the best thing to do just now and don't worry about getting killed - that's Tarkov!

Yeah, I'm on customs and have a second screen set up. It's a bit pants getting locked out for 20 mins between raids.

Back
Top Bottom