• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
I suspect this absolute stinker of a year has amplified feelings, especially at this time of year with the small glimmers of hope / enjoyment new toys can bring. Even more so for the youngsters :/

Associate
Has anyone else had any issues with John Lewis? I pre ordered on the 18th of September, was told delivery would be launch day, and still haven't received anything! I've rung and emailed them multiple times and been told there is an issue with their supplier. What is really insulting about this is no one has called me tell me this, and they have got more stock in, sold it, and delivered it.

Soldato
the chap on twitter did absolutely the right thing, he remained polite throughout and outed the scum

there is no point making a complaint afterwards you will get no where and have to wait 24-72hrs for the pleasure

I had a similar thing with the series X, 8:00am on the day it was loaded on the VAN and then 8:01 it went missing

I was fuming, I called the retailer, got them to call yodel, kept them all on the line escalated higher up, eventually an hour later it was found and went out for delivery, only let them off the call when the tracking updated, total scum

Soldato
On the subject of a central database, it is only really GDPR that is the problem, anything related to credit e.g. has shared databases used by different commercial companies, the companies all in agreement add to that database to keep it maintained, and use it when customers ask for credit.

Likewise we have supermarkets using shared databases for priority delivery slots, its not complicated technically, its the legal side of it that is the problem.

Same with cashless payments, effectively when you pay by card a retailer is checking a shared database to see if its approved.

Soldato
Has anyone encountered any issues with games (Valhalla) having visual distortion/slur during cut scenes?

Using PS5 disk model, standard PS5 HDMI cable and LG OLED55C8PLA TV. I’m thinking HDMI cable supplied with PS5 is not good enough?

Soldato
Has anyone encountered any issues with games (Valhalla) having visual distortion/slur during cut scenes?

Using PS5 disk model, standard PS5 HDMI cable and LG OLED55C8PLA TV. I’m thinking HDMI cable supplied with PS5 is not good enough?
I didn’t experience that on my CX, but I had bought cables a few months prior. The game is a bit of a buggy mess so maybe try some other games like Astro to see?

Soldato

What kind of distortion? A faulty HDMI cable will usually result in image corruption or signal loss, you won't get degraded picture quality or blur. Is your TV on Game mode etc?

Soldato
Well the effect is a full horizontal slur - like v-sync issue on a PC. In game and in cutscenes occasionally.

That actually is a reported bug especially in cutscenes. I'll find you a source. It sounds like you are describing classic screen tearing which I personally find the most off putting thing in any game and it's why I won't play it until it's fixed (if ever) as I don't have a TV with VRR.

To put things into context, Valhalla targets 60 frames per second, but when the engine is under heavy load and can't render a new frame within the 16.7ms target, it'll present the new frame when it's good and ready, while your screen is updating. This causes screen tearing. Both systems can have issues here, especially in cutscenes, and sometimes in gameplay.

Ultimately, Assassin's Creed Valhalla is in a very strange place at the moment - by and large, it works as a 60 frames per second experience on PlayStation 5, but with some intrusive tearing.

DF

Tempted to get a £12 dualsense charger from a generic brand, cant find official one and the others are a bit ugly.

Last edited:
Soldato
AC cutscenes have always been a bit ropey. Valhalla runs great, I've not noticed any issues with it so far. Coming from a base PS4 to a PS5 on a newly purchased OLED is heaven to me.

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
Managed to install and update a disc version of COD Modern Warfare, and done a fair bit of gaming last night.

Have tried to play this morning, and now getting the error "can't start the game or app". To start the game or app using this disc, delete the game or app from your ps5 and then insert the disc again"

I've had this problem constantly too. I've now downloaded the 71GB 1.29 patch 4 times now trying to get it to work! I gave up last night and went back to playing it on the PS4 :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom