Lian Li O11D- Mini....(latest post with AIO Up top in ATX format)

Associate
Was looking at new cases page and doing a search on multiple items... Well spotted though, got your links via the Reddit page :D
White case has been ordered.

Soldato
Just looked at the dimensions, 43 litres volume! Same width as the full sized PC11 despite using an SFX psu. It's massive!

Laughing at some of the notes on the Lian Li site:
"Think big, build small" :rolleyes:
"Adequate airflow" :p

Still, it's a good looking case at a nice price. I just hope Lian Li decide to actually build a small version!

Associate
New product announcement posted by OCUK staff @12pm. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...mic-mini-now-available-for-preorder.18907801/

They have commented on availability:
"Stock is available in either Black or White variants. Unfortunately due to the issues with container shipping and arrivals at the moment, the stock is landing later than expected. There is a hope the stock will land before Xmas, but this is in no way guaranteed, hence the 4th January ETA. I predict this will be very popular so I would pre-order to avoid disappointment on the first batch arriving."

Fingers crossed for a December shipment guys and girls!

Soldato
Just looked at the dimensions, 43 litres volume! Same width as the full sized PC11 despite using an SFX psu. It's massive!

Laughing at some of the notes on the Lian Li site:
"Think big, build small" :rolleyes:
"Adequate airflow" :p

Still, it's a good looking case at a nice price. I just hope Lian Li decide to actually build a small version!

Not much difference in depth either. Overall, it's only 18% smaller than the original Dynamic, most of that coming from the 6cm reduction in height.

Here's hoping they follow it up with a proper ITX version, rather than this half baked mess.

Soldato
Here's hoping they follow it up with a proper ITX version, rather than this half baked mess.
Indeed. Go back to the original concept where it was 280mm radiators top and bottom, with a 240mm on the side (iirc? might have also been 280). Support mITX (and mATX motherboards without a bottom rad) only to stop the depth having to get too big, these boards should come right up to the positioning of the side radiator rather than having ~10cm of space for giant cable runs. Keep it fairly narrow, it doesn't need a 120mm fan on the back - just have the main compartment wide enough for a graphics card with waterblock terminals on the end!
I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Soldato
Indeed. Go back to the original concept where it was 280mm radiators top and bottom, with a 240mm on the side (iirc? might have also been 280). Support mITX (and mATX motherboards without a bottom rad) only to stop the depth having to get too big, these boards should come right up to the positioning of the side radiator rather than having ~10cm of space for giant cable runs. Keep it fairly narrow, it doesn't need a 120mm fan on the back - just have the main compartment wide enough for a graphics card with waterblock terminals on the end!
I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Could also drop the width of the main chamber back down to match the standard O11D. It seems they widened it to support really tall air coolers (ala O11 XL), and allow a rear-mounted 120mm fan. But... is that really necessary? I'm sure a few will buy the case with air cooling in mind. But it's quite clearly a WC-focused case, and the 155mm clearance in the original is still enough for most

It just seems like Lian Li were reluctant to make any bold decisions here, and instead tried to cater for as many needs as possible. In the end, it compromises quite a lot vs the standard O11D if using ATX, with the main benefit being a height reduction of 6cm (and let's face it; height is generally the least important dimension, especially with a chonky case like the O11). On the ITX front, the case is just way larger than necessary. Probably not a bad shout as a MATX case though.

Still look forward to seeing builds in it. But I can't help but wonder how good it could have been.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the case looks amazing. They tried to cater to every motherboard so anyone could buy it. You wouldn't have to worry about if your mobo would fit because it will. That's a bold move. You are right in one thing that it's slightly too wide, but there again they wanted anyone to put pretty much any air cooler and have it fit.

I'm going to put my itx board in this case, but next year I'm thinking about going back to atx. This case will fit it. Can't wait to receive mine

Associate
I really like that I'm not restricted on later purchases, if I wanted to go back to ATX. But this build will be mATX, so I think it's perfect. If I was building ITX, I would go smaller.

Soldato
It was originally a 38 litre case, its now 43, but theyve added radiator support for when using an ATX board, you can now get a 360mm in the bottom and a 280mm on the side, even with a vertical GPU mount, and still get the pump bracket in the front, I love that.

uR2sV23.jpg

Last edited:

D4N

D4N

Associate
I’m going to try and fit an atx psu in one seeing I bought a new platinum 850w earlier in the year to replace the 600w sfx one I was using before.
My idea at the minute is to either see if it will fit on the bottom at the front underneath the vertical gpu bracket and make a shroud to hide the cables, or try and get it where the bottom side mounted fan goes.
Plan B would be make a new side panel with a power bulge, or going to extremes, see if I can relocate the motherboard tray.

Associate
I’m going to try and fit an atx psu in one seeing I bought a new platinum 850w earlier in the year to replace the 600w sfx one I was using before.
My idea at the minute is to either see if it will fit on the bottom at the front underneath the vertical gpu bracket and make a shroud to hide the cables, or try and get it where the bottom side mounted fan goes.
Plan B would be make a new side panel with a power bulge, or going to extremes, see if I can relocate the motherboard tray.
What size is it? I'll take a look on the drawings for you to see if it will work.

Soldato

This feels like the sort of rig this case was built for. Absolutely stunning, and puts the extensive water cooling compatibility to good use.

Soldato

This feels like the sort of rig this case was built for. Absolutely stunning, and puts the extensive water cooling compatibility to good use.

Only a tasteful amount of RGB too which is good to see. Shame their benchmark charts at the end are unreadable (at least to me watching on TV).

Back
Top Bottom