• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cyberpunk 2077 - What you need to run it

Associate
What about the 2080ti cyberpunk edition - gets no mention!!!

This sort of game is perfect to showcase raytracing - excited

Soldato
Associate
Thays what i thought too, amd pays for er lets say 1 year exclusive rt with godfall. Nvidia does it with cyberpunk. If its true thats sad, they are behaving like children.

The ray tracing on Godfall can be enabled on NVIDIA cards with a simple INI tweak.

Caporegime
OP
Thays what i thought too, amd pays for er lets say 1 year exclusive rt with godfall. Nvidia does it with cyberpunk. If its true thats sad, they are behaving like children.
Agreed. I want to see RT working for both and that way we will get more of it. Unless it is just a case of game tweaking of course and just takes employees from both to work with the devs to get support

Soldato
3 lifestyles to play through:
1st playthrough on my current pc.
2nd playthrough on my future ryzen 6800xt/3080 with some RT on.
3rd playthrough on a newer screen plus whatever the next generation of cards will be and hopefully everything at max on a high hertz display.

Soldato
Ohhh, that isn't good and surprised to read that. Maybe a retaliation for Godfall being RT exclusive to AMD?

Geeezz am I in a Pc forum here? I mean even I am not an expert game developer but I can read between the line.

This isn't amd vs nvidia here! Let's get the straight

Both GPUs do Ray tracing acceleration differently. Nvidia is the more ready available right now having two years ahead start.

Amd Ray tracing will take more time for game developers to get to understand that will be big help here having the consoles also.

Listen do you think Amd would give Cyberpunk devs a 6800XT fee months ago to get Ray tracing ready for release? Not a chance would they risk showing an nvidia partner what they have coming.

Marcin Momot
@Marcin360

Not for the release but we are working together with AMD to introduce this feature as soon as we can.

Working together!I other words understanding the new GPU and how AMD's version requires acceleration.

Caporegime
OP
Geeezz am I in a Pc forum here? I mean even I am not an expert game developer but I can read between the line.

Both GPUs do Ray tracing acceleration differently. Nvidia is the more ready available right now having two years ahead start.

Amd Ray tracing will take more time for game developers to get to understand that will be big help here having the consoles also.

Listen do you think Amd would give Cyberpunk devs a 6800XT fee months ago to get Ray tracing ready for release? Not a chance would they risk showing an nvidia partner what they have coming.

Marcin Momot
@Marcin360

Not for the release but we are working together with AMD to introduce this feature as soon as we can.

Working together!I other words understanding the new GPU and how AMD's version requires acceleration.
Calm down luvver and read my next reply.

Soldato
Don't forget you need a copy of the game too :D

3rd playthrough on a newer screen plus whatever the next generation of cards will be and hopefully everything at max on a high hertz display.

I am also hoping for some new monitor hotness next year in the 4K/120 - 144Hz range, with HDMI 2.1, maybe OLED or Micro LED and cheaper than the current Acer Predator and Asus equivalent. I don't want too much.

Soldato
Don't forget you need a copy of the game too :D

I am also hoping for some new monitor hotness next year in the 4K/120 - 144Hz range, with HDMI 2.1, maybe OLED or Micro LED and cheaper than the current Acer Predator and Asus equivalent. I don't want too much.

Sounds juicy.
I might be losing my home office in a couple years so will be needing a new pc that can fit into our tv stand (nr200p looks to fit the bill) plus a new tv that works well with a pc.

Soldato

You're right that it's not AMD vs Nvidia, but wrong about the rest.
Both AMD and Nvidia do RT through Direct X, the coding is not done differently for each company.

Nvidia's GPU offloads the work onto Tensor cores, AMD's doesn't so Nvidia gets much better performance. It's as simple as that

The coding the developers do is exactly the same

Back
Top Bottom