• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I accept that children are an important driving force. But at the same time, and I mean no disrespect, perhaps the life lesson needs to be a person cannot always have what they want.

I know I had similar lessons as a child as my parents couldn't afford what I asked for.

Expecting ebay to make less money so little Johnny can get his playstation for Christmas is just naive.

An open market economy only thrives with customers - and if people can and do pay double the normal price for stuff, in my view the fault lies with them.

Same as people who buy buggy half finished or repetitive franchise titles at full price every year and complain they are rubbish. If more people voted with their wallet, the message would get through to publishers its not acceptable.

But they don't, so ho hum.

Indeedy. I remember getting a sega master system when all the other kids got the new mega drive. I remember feeling a little done out.... Then I felt bad for feeling done out... Then I grew up and looked back at the important lesson, my parents gave me what they could!

Associate
Five in the same household.

I'm calling BS.

Also the one incase! What a joke.

If it was 5 in one household it would be BS, I don't live with my partner and her 2 boys and I never intend to. Like my own space to much

In my household we have 3 PS5s, one I am using and 2 that are wrapped for xmas. I was spamming sites just like the rest of you.

Soldato
If it was 5 in one household it would be BS, I don't live with my partner and her 2 boys and I never intend to. Like my own space to much

In my household we have 3 PS5s, one I am using and 2 that are wrapped for xmas. I was spamming sites just like the rest of you.
Let's be honest, any more than one in the same household is still ridiculous :D

Man you're living the dream, bachelor pad plus part time family on the side!

Soldato
Yet another PS5 marked as delivered. This time the driver is caught on film and questioned....

My driver wasn't even on my road, not sure I'd have been as calm to be honest.

It was marked as delivered because this driver had to have scanned the parcel.

Theres nothing new in any of this way back when I ordered a PS3 from Amazon it disappeared en route; marked as leaving the depot then "delivered" five minutes later despite the depot being more than 50 miles away from me, needless to say it never arrived here (Hermes this was). I'm astonished no-one appeared to have done anything in the meantime to prevent the same thing happening its so predictable. Likewise with the sites selling out in minutes followed by thousands appearing on eBay soon after for double the price its obviously scalper bots yet again nothing learnt from recent PC hardware launches i could mention. Bots are here to stay and unless something is done to prevent stealing and botting its just going to keep on happening.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...ers-of-playstation-5-for-rice-and-other-items
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...nch-sony-overwhelms-outlets-and-courier-firms

Associate
Currys just cancelled my order i made at 7:26am. I wasn't expecting it go through but i received no email saying it was cancelled and i still have the £449 payment still pending with Paypal.

I had the payment still pending for over a week with Costco for my 55" CX tv but i knew that was happening. My problem now is that Currys have no record of my order and have forgot to cancel the payment as well as the order.

I have contacted Currys as to when the pending payment will be cancelled but have they inadvertently wiped all evidence of my cancelled order? It is Currys we are talking about here :D

What was the status of your order before it was cancelled ? Was it ever confirmed, or "in progress" ? Did you order more than one console ? My order was confirmed by email at 7.47am ( I placed the order about 30 mins before that ) and payment taken via credit card. Currently my order is "in progress" and appears to be have been like that for the last 24 hrs with the email at 7.47am saying I will get a delivery by 25th November, with a later email then saying I can expect a delivery by courier no later than the 15th December.

I'm still trying to get my head around why some orders are being cancelled ; orders requesting more than one console seems to be the only consistent factor thus far. And, oddly, some people have received dispatch emails, and even have had a console delivered, despite submitting their order later than mine eg. 8am. It all seems very random !

Associate
I have played assassins creed for a couple of hours.

Then i noticed it only installed 16gb off the disc and wouldnt install the whole game.

I read someone solved that problem by unpluging the lan cable from the ps5.

So i did that and the game installed 41gb to ps5.

When i started the game,all my manual and auto save files said data corrupt,i dont have cloud saves.

Think i will stop playing the game until ubisoft patches the save game bug.

Associate
I need to order a replacement cable as the one supplied is about a foot to short to let me put the console exactly where I want it. A 2m instead of the 1.5m would have been perfect.

Same, but then I figured the one supplied with my Series X would do the job. So just swapped them out, so saved me a few quid.

But honestly, Sony penny pinching with this cable.

Soldato
I had a weird problem with Dirt 5. Posted in the other thread:

Had a weird problem with Dirt 5 that doesn't seem to make much sense. I put the disc in and it installs 46.5GB from disc and downloads a 4.7GB update, all well and good but the storage screen reports that the game is taking up 20.75GB of space, very strange. I deleted the game and reinstalled it and it did the same thing again. However this time I noticed the first progress bar showing amount of data required to play the game for the first 19GB filled up as it should, then it installed the update and carried on installing the rest from disc but the second progress bar didn't fill in at all.

I then deleted the game again, pulled my ethernet cable and let it install offline. It installed the full 46.5GB no problem and then I plugged ethernet back in and let it do the update. It's now taking up 47GB which sounds a bit more like it. There's obviously quite a big problem there somewhere but I'm not sure if it's related to the OS or the Dirt 5 update. Either way I think I'll be installing all discs offline from now on then letting it do the update after.

For those of you with CoD issues, perhaps it's worth trying the same? Or Full install disc while offline then reconnect and do update after. I just wonder what would have happened when I got to a certain point in Dirt 5 where the data was obviously not there. Interestingly I also noticed my "Other" data in storage was around 45GB after this. I've since blitzed my console and reinstalled everything in this manner and now "Other" is only taking up around 18GB which seems a little more realistic.

Loving the console, but there are definitely a few bugs. My mate has had problems with his appearing to randomly delete data from his 8TB drive loaded with games. I'd argue that it's doing him a favour as he can't possible need 8TB worth installed at once but there we go.

Soldato
Scalpers only exist because there is not enough supply.
If Sony had made enough PS5’s available then people would just buy it at RRP from a retailer.

Thats a false argument. Again, someone or something else is being blamed for the fact people will happily pay massively over the odds to get what they desire, many of whom openly admit to not making the effort to try and secure a console on pre order day.

Its not anyone else's fault other than the group of people that support such underhanded practices by often not making the effort in the first place and then giving scalpers their money after they realise there's no stock left. High demand is not creating the problem, its fools being easily parted with their money because they are too impatient to wait and/or haven't brought their children up understanding what disappointment is.

This is what you get with a society that is conditioned to be entitled to have what they want when they want it. Its not the winning its the taking part mentality etc. No - its first come first served and when the stock runs out - you wait your turn in line with everyone else. Why must it always be someone elses fault? Nobody is forcing people to buy ps5's on ebay for £1000 are they?

Trying to say it is a reasonable expectation that Sony should manufacture enough for everyone to be able to buy a ps5 on release day is simply daft.

Gaming has moved on and there are many multiples of millions of extra people gaming. I think Sony and MS have done OK given the circumstances - ya know like the global pandemic thats killing hundreds of thousands of people.

Soldato
That wouldn't be practical though, the whole point is for the retailers to deal with the selling of the consoles to customers, Sony won't want to get involved. I also don't want a manufacturer deciding who I have to buy something from.

Not saying I have a perfect solution, just something to make it fair and not a lottery as to if you can get on a website before all the bots or scalpers.

Microsoft didn't seem to have a problem selling them, and I was informed by the delivery driver my Argos order was sent direct from Microsoft, not sure if true though.

Associate
Theres nothing new in any of this way back when I ordered a PS3 from Amazon it disappeared en route; marked as leaving the depot then "delivered" five minutes later despite the depot being more than 50 miles away from me, needless to say it never arrived here (Hermes this was). I'm astonished no-one appeared to have done anything in the meantime to prevent the same thing happening its so predictable. Likewise with the sites selling out in minutes followed by thousands appearing on eBay soon after for double the price its obviously scalper bots yet again nothing learnt from recent PC hardware launches i could mention. Bots are here to stay and unless something is done to prevent stealing and botting its just going to keep on happening.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...ers-of-playstation-5-for-rice-and-other-items
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...nch-sony-overwhelms-outlets-and-courier-firms

You are correct - bots are here to stay. But when "life" eventually returns to normal post-COVID, being able to place a pre-order with a bricks n'mortar store and pick up the item in person, will make a difference. The scalpers won't have such a big monopoly on stock as they do now. For the record, I agree with most others here ... for a high demand item like the new gen consoles it really should be one device per household until such time supply is able to match demand.

Soldato
It's worth waiting for an official charging station to come in stock, they're excellent and probably a lot better than any 3rd party option.

I'm a few hours into Spiderman Remastered and really enjoying it, the triggers and haptics are a lot less "in your face" than Astro, a subtle enhancement.

Just ordered an SSD adapter for the 500gb SSD I had spare, that'll do for PS4 games as I'll probably expand the internal storage before ever running out of space.

Soldato
It's worth waiting for an official charging station to come in stock, they're excellent and probably a lot better than any 3rd party option.

I'm a few hours into Spiderman Remastered and really enjoying it, the triggers and haptics are a lot less "in your face" than Astro, a subtle enhancement.

Just ordered an SSD adapter for the 500gb SSD I had spare, that'll do for PS4 games as I'll probably expand the internal storage before ever running out of space.

I'm not sure about that, if they all charge the controller in the same time I don't see a difference

Associate
Try being more prepared next time.

This.

I got 5 delivered and maybe 2 more on the way depending on currys and very delivering. I think someone on here wants my spare if it arrives. The problem I think people had was the websites giving queue numbers, I guess they thought they were ok as they were in a queue. I just spammed all the non queue sites until they appeared.

Back
Top Bottom