• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
FYI - Something I did notice with AC:V Gold edition. After I redeemed the voucher I noticed another available option, "Game Version", when hitting the option button when the game is highlighted. It was set to PS4 version. I had to set it to the PS5 version.

Soldato
Not saying I have a perfect solution, just something to make it fair and not a lottery as to if you can get on a website before all the bots or scalpers.

Microsoft didn't seem to have a problem selling them, and I was informed by the delivery driver my Argos order was sent direct from Microsoft, not sure if true though.

It's up to the retailers to sort that out really, they could and should have probably restricted it to one order per household but they're not going to be able to prevent people from just ordering another one or two or five from elsewhere instead.

Associate
Something fishy going on with my amazon order.
It now says its out for delivery but by the 27th.
Isn't tracking on the delivery website.
The money was took straight away and now its back to pending in my bank account.

Very strange.

Soldato
Discovered today my power line on my ps5 limits me to like 18mbps and wifi is giving like 37-42. So that's saved me a wire.
When I was first downloading stuff on launch day I was getting 12mbps on WiFi and my 'full' 18mbps on ethernet, strangely.

Will have to test again as my phone gets full speed on WiFi so no reason why the PS5 shouldn't.

There needs to be a download rate shown on the downloads tbh.

Soldato
retailers wont care, it's traffic and exposure for them, I never heard of some of these sites until I went looking for a PS5/Series X

if someone didn't get a PS5 from xxx, they may order a PS Camera and a game from them as they had that in stock

also keeping a tight control of stock will mean people will impulse buy, how many purchased a 3090 because the 3080 were out of stock with rumours next stock around or after Christmas

add a pandemic and scalpers to the mix - this is where we're at :D

Soldato
It's up to the retailers to sort that out really, they could and should have probably restricted it to one order per household but they're not going to be able to prevent people from just ordering another one or two or five from elsewhere instead.

Which is why "its up to retailers" isnt good enough. It need's to be one total, not one per retailer. Also retailers have no incentive to prevent it, look at amazon they even refusing to remove scalpers from their website.

Caporegime
What's to stop scalpers forever acquiring all and any stock that appears? If they have the money and time, why not simply grab every single unit they can and make eBay the only place to buy PS5/Xbox? This shortage could last for years for the ordinary customer. Or are people going mad simply because it's Christmas? Will no-one be bothered in January?

Soldato
What's to stop scalpers forever acquiring all and any stock that appears? If they have the money and time, why not simply grab every single unit they can and make eBay the only place to buy PS5/Xbox? This shortage could last for years for the ordinary customer. Or are people going mad simply because it's Christmas? Will no-one be bothered in January?

If the ebay stock doesnt shift, they may run out of capital to buy new units. So supply and demand really.

Permabanned

If people are going to pay silly money on eBay the scalpers or scumbags will not stop , which the family person like myself don`t have a chance in hell

Ebay should remove all the listing ! ! ! !

Soldato
If people are going to pay silly money on eBay the scalpers or scumbags will not stop , which the family person like myself don`t have a chance in hell

Ebay should remove all the listing ! ! ! !

Whilst I understand the frustration, removing adverts from ebay won't stop scalpers. There's other platforms they can use and also word of mouth.

The only realistic way to stop their practices is for people to vote with their wallet and refuse to buy at the extortionate price point. Then the scalpers are left with stock they can't shift for more than they paid for it and so will think again next time. When you remove the prospect if quick profits the scalpers will move on to the next thing.

Any kind of regulation on the pre order and release process will incur time and cost to the retailers and this will be carried by consumers. Retailers and sites like ebay are there to make money. Expecting them to try and help people because of a temporary limited supply of goods is like expecting turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom