*** The Official iOS 14 Thread ***

Soldato
My Mum’s iPhone X battery is draining really badly for some reason. The Battery section shows the ‘Exposure Notifications’ thing used 49% of her battery in the previous 24 hours. My XS Max used 6%. Asked some friends and theirs are similar to mine. Any idea why it would be draining it so badly? :eek:

What does the battery health show?

Soldato
The higher % might simply be from the fact that there isn't much other battery usage? My exposure notification battery usage is 69% in the last 24 hours because I haven't used my phone much. The battery might either need replacing, or it might be other things like notifications, push email, background app refresh, location services etc? I often turn off the phone and turn it on. Put it into airplane mode, disable bluetooth and see how it drains overnight. I would expect it to only drop a few % overnight when doing nothing. If it drains a lot more, you can then look into other causes, software etc. might be worth a go?
Ah that makes sense. I don’t think she’s used it too much otherwise. Other than light browsing etc. I’ll see if I can get her to do those tests too.

What does the battery health show?
Battery health is 90%. So pretty good for a X I imagine!

Commissario
Anyone else found since the last update that the phone keeps turning the Volume down on earphones? like every half hour or so and then gives a "based on your headphone usage over the last seven days, the volume has been turned down to protect your hearing" I have the Reduce loud sounds option switched off but its still happening!

me too, driving me mad.

If you find a fix please let me know.

There is no fix for this.

Settings
Sound & Haptics
Headphone Safety
Then tap on ‘Learn More...’

Associate
My main annoyance at the moment is iCloud tabs not syncing properly across devices in Safari. Seems a common problem for quite a few at the minute.

Caporegime
Anyone finding that gmail notifications aren’t working anymore. I use the gmail app on my 12pro and it was working a few days ago but now has stopped??
Not sure why I’ve checked that my notifications settings are correct and they are Restarted my phone too and still not working.
Is this a bug??

Soldato
iOS 14.2.1 has gone up.

“iOS 14.2.1 addresses the following issues for your ‌iPhone‌:
- Some MMS messages may not be received
- Made for ‌iPhone‌ hearing devices could have sound quality issues when listening to audio from ‌iPhone‌
- Lock Screen could become unresponsive on ‌iPhone 12‌ mini”

Soldato
My XS is running 14.2. I've just had another 14.2 software update appear, not sure what's going on there. It only shows on the phone as an OTA too, when clicking "Check for Update" in Finder with the phone plugged in it says it's up to date.

EDIT: So it seems I went from build 18B91 to 18B92. Odd, but whatever.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve noticed a small bug on iOS 14.2. Where when you unlock sometimes the brightness will stay low if you have auto brightness setting on. This can be when you’re not in a bright environment.

Once you unlock and lock again it fixes it.

Back
Top Bottom