• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
With state of decay, unless you actually complete that mission before you save and quit out, it wont be there when you get back. Quests are random, it may appear again later, but unless you do a mission in a play session, don't expect it there when you close the game and open it back up the next time.

I didn't close the game though. Just paused and turned the xbox off. It would usually auto resume. I found my car i think, looked similar and had petrol and tools in the boot as I left it but needed repairing. It was quite a distance from where I left i though. The quest just popped up again luckily.

Man of Honour
I didn't close the game though. Just paused and turned the xbox off. It would usually auto resume. I found my car i think, looked similar and had petrol and tools in the boot as I left it but needed repairing. It was quite a distance from where I left i though. The quest just popped up again luckily.

Quick resume is very unpredictable unfortunately. When it works it’s absolutely brilliant, but they still have some work to do on it.

Soldato
Having the odd issue here and there with loading FIFA21. Black screen before doing what it needs to, instead of the page saying it's doing quick resume. Ah. Is Control Ultimate Edition good for £17.49? Seems like it'll come with the X/S optimization at some point in 2021.

Also very fortunate to be getting Hyperoptic broadband next week, pleaded with my other half for 1gbps but she couldn't justify it. 150mb will do over our awful Sky plan though...

Caporegime
Quick resume is very unpredictable unfortunately. When it works it’s absolutely brilliant, but they still have some work to do on it.

Yes, every 3rd time (ish) i turn my console on, quick resume seems to break and i cant start any games that were ready to start via quick resume. A quick console restart fixes it. I imagine this is some sort of software bug which will hopefully be patched as quick resume, as you say, is brilliant when it works. From console on, im often loaded and playing withing like 10 seconds!

I dont suppose anyone knows of a way to start a game from scratch without quick resume do they (to save restarting the console when this happens)?

Soldato
I dont suppose anyone knows of a way to start a game from scratch without quick resume do they (to save restarting the console when this happens)?

Don't you just close the games (options, close)?

I don't have instant on enabled but quick resume still works fine when powering off which is cool, just takes a little big longer for the xbox to turn on but can still jump straight back into the game.

Only tried it with 1 game open mind, not sure if it would keep the others going.

Soldato
Get it and enjoy and don’t read into the scaremongering too much.

That is exactly what I have done. Just making sure that if there is going to be a static image on there for a few minutes, switch the TV off and if you set the 'automatic dim' setting to 2 minutes, that can also help if you were to forget or get caught doing something else. Other than that, I use it with about 65 OLED Light, which is certainly bright enough to get the full impact of the display, which in comparison to the full 100%, will reduce the impact further. And on top of that, just enjoy what is an excellent display.

I noticed that Age of Wonders must be able to use quick resume, as I jumped straight back into a running game within about 2 seconds when I last fired it up. Was rather impressive. :cool:

Soldato
That is exactly what I have done. Just making sure that if there is going to be a static image on there for a few minutes, switch the TV off and if you set the 'automatic dim' setting to 2 minutes, that can also help if you were to forget or get caught doing something else. Other than that, I use it with about 65 OLED Light, which is certainly bright enough to get the full impact of the display, which in comparison to the full 100%, will reduce the impact further. And on top of that, just enjoy what is an excellent display.

I noticed that Age of Wonders must be able to use quick resume, as I jumped straight back into a running game within about 2 seconds when I last fired it up. Was rather impressive. :cool:

I just boosted mine to 30 mins as I was noticing in cut scenes because I didnt do any input on the controller the screen dimmed.

Associate
A nice watch albeit quite long.

10:39 applies to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5wElKllPPk&feature=youtu.be&t=635

source article, probably preferable to watching a long video.

https://kotaku.com/xbox-boss-phil-spencer-on-series-x-launch-halo-infinit-1845392984
Thanks, I quite enjoyed that.
To be fair, I don't think MS has done an awful lot wrong this launch........hopefully it'll be another 360 generation, where both are fairly even over the long run. Sony worry me when they have the market to themselves, so good to have competition.

Soldato
Dirt 5 120Hz mode seems pretty buggy on series X.

Seems like most if not all 3rd party games are running better on PS5, but it must surely be to do with the developer kit been out longer for ps5, where as xbox developer kit was sometime this year I think in the middle of a pandemic as well. Thats what I read in a few places so don't know if true.

Soldato
Seems like most if not all 3rd party games are running better on PS5, but it must surely be to do with the developer kit been out longer for ps5, where as xbox developer kit was sometime this year I think in the middle of a pandemic as well. Thats what I read in a few places so don't know if true.

Plays ok for me although I can’t really tell much difference from 60fps. The game is pretty buggy and crap all round though not one to really look at for a comparison.

Man of Honour
OK, Gears 5 is glorious.

How does it actually work? and how do you know it is working.

The feature isnt explained anywhere in the UI.

It’s meant to be able to store the current played state, many supposedly paused, in the memory so that you can jump straight in. When it’s worked well the quick resume icon appears on the top right of the splash screen and it throws you straight into where you left off. You don’t even have to go back into the hone screen to switch games.

Sometimes it doesn’t happen, sometimes the game crashes and some games it never happens at all.

We need a UI list of games that are stored in the quick resume memory.

Soldato
More 3rd party disappointment for the Series X, a lot of people went with the X with better 3rd party games performance at the back of their mind. Maybe grabbing a PS5 first and an X a year down the line would have been a better option.

Cyberpunk ain’t far off... PS5 best console platform for that also?

Back
Top Bottom