• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Pet Northerner
Don
Sure @montymint here it is

image.png

Still tweaking ofc, but stability is paramount over an fps or 2 for me :)

Thanks a bunch!

Associate
Hi Guys, quick question. Looking at the reviews, I saw that those Amd 6800 run worst than the 3080 in dx12. Do you think this can be a driver problem they could fix in the future? I'm terribly undecided which card to pick it up :(

Soldato
Hi Guys, quick question. Looking at the reviews, I saw that those Amd 6800 run worst than the 3080 in dx12. Do you think this can be a driver problem they could fix in the future? I'm terribly undecided which card to pick it up :(
I haven't really seen that, though obviously the 3080 is faster in the first place so you'd expect it to do better. Regardless those would be game-specific issues if true rather than driver issues, as far as it relates to DX12.

Soldato
And so it begins! I now get a black screen just before I reach my desktop! Well, the monitor (both of mine) lose signal. Not sure I can be arsed to faff with it now.

I haven't changed anything in any settings and was playing Red Dead 2 a couple. of hours ago:(

Man of Honour
OP

Powercolor RX6800XT

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LogOGKS.png

Date 20/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, dante6491, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Rastan007, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Gears, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Chrisola, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, montymint, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, almoststew1990, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, lovelyhead, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 6800 (XT).

Soldato
And so it begins! I now get a black screen just before I reach my desktop! Well, the monitor (both of mine) lose signal. Not sure I can be arsed to faff with it now.

I haven't changed anything in any settings and was playing Red Dead 2 a couple. of hours ago:(

I forgot how much of a pain it was to persuade Windows 10 to boot into safe mode, but it did eventually without the screen going black so it's a driver problem I guess.

I'll Display Driver Uninstaller any remnants of the Nvidia drivers and uninstall and DDU the rest of the AMD drivers and clean install the new driver on top.

Associate
I haven't really seen that, though obviously the 3080 is faster in the first place so you'd expect it to do better. Regardless those would be game-specific issues if true rather than driver issues, as far as it relates to DX12.
Sorry I wanted to say the Xt version, so raytracing apart should be on par with 3080 (more or less)

Soldato

driver issue?

Why cant amd get it right, you do tend to have to wait a good six months after release to buy one. Im still considering getting a 6800xt to go with a ryzen system but not till middle of next year. If this thread is filled with people with driver issues ill stick to nvidia with my personal experiences of never having an issue.

Associate
This roll of honour kind of adds credence to the claim in another thread that there were only 36 available for the whole of the UK. Has anyone from scan or overclockers confirmed how many they had?

I got one, and I got a 5600x on release day. Feeling very lucky replacing a 750ti with this. Will post pic later.

Soldato
driver issue?

Why cant amd get it right, you do tend to have to wait a good six months after release to buy one. Im still considering getting a 6800xt to go with a ryzen system but not till middle of next year. If this thread is filled with people with driver issues ill stick to nvidia with my personal experiences of never having an issue.

A driver reinstall fixed the issue. I think it was caused by me switching screens as primary and extended, secondary a lot and it was not connecting to any screen

Associate
Soon have my 6800
your OVERCLOCKERS parcel TODAY
21st November ‍2020 between ‍13:40-‍14:40,
lucky I did not have to wait till Monday

Hope AMD sorted out the 144hz monitor bug
5700xt I sold due to setting the monitor to 144hz made the Memory clocks set to full

Last edited:
Associate
My 6800 was delivered and left outside at 8 this morning didn't hear a doorbell and wasn't expecting it till Monday didn't see it till 10, no one stole the gpu but there where no haribos so think they might have been taken.:mad:

Soldato

Are you sure the 3080 is faster? At 1440P which is where most gamers are playing, the 6800XT owns everything. With the AIB cards clocking upto 2600MHz I reckon the 6800XT will be the 1440P card of choice. Firestrike score is a world record at over 56000 at that clockspeed.

At 4K the 3080 may be beating it by 5% but I doubt if more than 10% of gamers are gonna play at that resolution.

Associate
So I just installed my new 6800, PC turned on fine installed drivers ran fine for 10 mins then Green Screen now i’m getting no signal at all. Any ideas. Tried Hdmi and DP cables.

Got a red GPU led on my Tomahawk max too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom