Prime Day 2020

Man of Honour
Yet to actually spend any cash on any black friday. Seems like tat day i need a 860 evo and a BDXL burner and nothing on offer not even a 1p price drop.

Dunno about the 860 but various Samsung SSDs have been on and off early Black Friday sales on various sites.

Soldato
I want one for the car that plugs into the cigarette socket especially after the other day being behind a diesel BMW at the lights think it was a 530d it left a cloud behind it which literally was dangerous to visibility and the taste was awful.

I don't know how these cars pass mot emissions tests can we report cars who are clearly emitting too much dangerous fumes?

I hope you're not in the North West, my 530d is a little smoky as the turbo is throwing in the towel :p
Edit: Not to a dangerous degree, just an unpleasant haze!

Caporegime
I hope you're not in the North West, my 530d is a little smoky as the turbo is throwing in the towel :p
Edit: Not to a dangerous degree, just an unpleasant haze!

I've seen quite a few BMW diesels now like this seems common for them. Also seen a couple of vans which I cannot recall the make but were horrendous as well.

There has been a few times you could see the cloud of smoke 15 seconds later yet the car was long gone. Leaving a massive black trail behind it. I don't understand how they are allowed to drive like that.

I know it won't be an issue in 15 years time however in the mean time I want an air purifier for the car. Hope they go on sale on BF.

Caporegime
I've seen quite a few BMW diesels now like this seems common for them. Also seen a couple of vans which I cannot recall the make but were horrendous as well.

There has been a few times you could see the cloud of smoke 15 seconds later yet the car was long gone. Leaving a massive black trail behind it. I don't understand how they are allowed to drive like that.

I know it won't be an issue in 15 years time however in the mean time I want an air purifier for the car. Hope they go on sale on BF.

Diesel vehicles aren't going to magically disappear in 2035.

Caporegime
Diesel vehicles aren't going to magically disappear in 2035.

The majority will and I fully expect the price of fuel to rise from 2030 onwards at a fast rate. Hybrids will be much cleaner and you shouldn't get the huge piles of smoke from acceleration on those those especially at lights.

Plus if one is smoking that badly in 2035 you can bet it will be pulled over and fined.

Caporegime
The majority will and I fully expect the price of fuel to rise from 2030 onwards at a fast rate. Hybrids will be much cleaner and you shouldn't get the huge piles of smoke from acceleration on those those especially at lights.

Plus if one is smoking that badly in 2035 you can bet it will be pulled over and fined.

So it will still be an issue in 2035 just less of an issue.

If a diesel is smoking that badly shouldn't it be pulled over and fined now?

Caporegime
So it will still be an issue in 2035 just less of an issue.

If a diesel is smoking that badly shouldn't it be pulled over and fined now?

Imo it should be which is why I asked the question above.

I have a dashcam I just don't know whether the police will do anything. I reported a driver who basically pulled out in front of me without looking and I had to slam the brakes on to stop going into the side/back of them and they then were in the left lane further ahead and I'm in the right accelerated wildly as their lane was left only with hard lines and swung out in front of me forcing me to brake again and police weren't interested that they weren't indicating, in the wrong lane and driving like a maniac.

So would they be interested in a car that isn't complying with emissions?

Even with video evidence they don't care.

Man of Honour
Imo it should be which is why I asked the question above.

I have a dashcam I just don't know whether the police will do anything. I reported a driver who basically pulled out in front of me without looking and I had to slam the brakes on to stop going into the side/back of them and they then were in the left lane further ahead and I'm in the right accelerated wildly as their lane was left only with hard lines and swung out in front of me forcing me to brake again and police weren't interested that they weren't indicating, in the wrong lane and driving like a maniac.

So would they be interested in a car that isn't complying with emissions?

Even with video evidence they don't care.

Emissions wise no - unless they have multiple reports of the same thing they probably won't do much unless it is very obvious that something inappropriate is going on with the vehicle with regard to emissions - chances are it was a one off due to the engine being cold, etc. etc.

At least around here though the police are very hot on dangerous driving if submitted through the appropriate web-site (for instance Operation Snap for Dorset) and they've taken action against loads of drivers due to it - they also don't like busy bodies though either and have taken action against some of the uploaders as well in some cases ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msm4CFNqWBU )

Last edited:
Caporegime
Emissions wise no - unless they have multiple reports of the same thing they probably won't do much unless it is very obvious that something inappropriate is going on with the vehicle with regard to emissions - chances are it was a one off due to the engine being cold, etc. etc.

At least around here though the police are very hot on dangerous driving if submitted through the appropriate web-site (Operation Snap) and they've taken action against loads of drivers due to it - they also don't like busy bodies though either and have taken action against some of the uploaders as well in some cases ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msm4CFNqWBU )

I've only ever bothered contacting the police twice and I've seen many cases of bad driving but these 2 were extremely dangerous.

The other incident was extremely late at night on a country road very twisty and some moron blazed past me on a blind corner and I don't drive slow. They then immediately as soon as they were in front of me slammed the brakes so I had to as well even though nothing was in front of them. They then proceeded to swerve all over the place. I basically put the car to a crawl to let them make some space as they were now after overtaking like Schumacher driving like they were asleep at the wheel.

They hit the kerb a few times and I'm thinking either drunk or having a stroke or on drugs so called the police. They mounted the pavement and luckily it was late with no dog walkers or walkers in general about. They could have killed someone.

Again police took reg and never heard anything. They didn't want dashcam footage or a witness statement.

I don't go to the police unless I think they genuinely should be doing something.

Imagine if that person hit a child or crashed into someone else and killed them? Both could have caused serious damage and likley will do one day.

Back
Top Bottom