Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Man of Honour
What about the people that play with friends at a different skill level? They don't get matched up with similar players. SBMM is anti-social.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackopsco...atchmaking_in_this_game_has_made_it_to_where/

In the same way that his dad doesn’t want to get wrecked when he plays, neither do the opponents if they put the pair against people of the father’s skill level.

People are selfish and want to feel good about themselves, no one thinks of how others would feel if they got their way.

Associate
In the same way that his dad doesn’t want to get wrecked when he plays, neither do the opponents if they put the pair against people of the father’s skill level.

People are selfish and want to feel good about themselves, no one thinks of how others would feel if they got their way.
The major flaw with that argument is that they don't have to put the pair against the father's skill level, they could make it completely random. If matchmaking is random then all players will have a mix of good and bad games. In the current situation the game is virtually unplayable for the bad player in a party with good players.

People are selfish and don't consider how SBMM ruins the game for others that play with higher skilled friends. They are happy having their hand held and feeling good about their 1 kd.

Associate
Enjoying the campaign on the series X however only 50% of my cut scenes have vocal sound? Sometimes it’s there sometime its not. Subtitles are still working and the music etc? Seems like a bug

Man of Honour
The major flaw with that argument is that they don't have to put the pair against the father's skill level, they could make it completely random. If matchmaking is random then all players will have a mix of good and bad games. In the current situation the game is virtually unplayable for the bad player in a party with good players.

People are selfish and don't consider how SBMM ruins the game for others that play with higher skilled friends. They are happy having their hand held and feeling good about their 1 kd.

Nope, if it’s random then the lower skilled players get screwed and the high skilled players get to have easy games.

What you described is not how the expected results of random skill selection works.

Associate
What you described is not how the expected results of random skill selection works.
It's exactly how random matchmaking works. Good players will have good games more frequently, but a 0.5kd player's best game will trump a 4kd player's worst game.

Nope, if it’s random then the lower skilled players get screwed and the high skilled players get to have easy games.
No, they don't get screwed. A 0.5 kd player can get plenty of enjoyment out of the game and a reason to keep playing and wanting to improve. When I first started with COD4 I had a 0.7 kd and I was having a blast, I loved learning the game, improving, setting new personal best games etc. In fact I got far more enjoyment out of it than MW2 where I had a 5+ kd.

Getting screwed would be in the current SBMM system where that 0.5 kd player turns into a <0.1 kd player because they play with friends. Getting screwed is where your old COD buddies from 10 years ago no longer want to play with you because they get put into harder games and don't do well.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's exactly how random matchmaking works. Good players will have good games more frequently, but a 0.5kd player's best game will trump a 4kd player's worst game.

No, they don't get screwed. A 0.5 kd player can get plenty of enjoyment out of the game and a reason to keep playing and wanting to improve. When I first started with COD4 I had a 0.7 kd and I was having a blast, I loved learning the game, improving, setting new personal best games etc. In fact I got far more enjoyment out of it than MW2 where I had a 5+ kd.

Getting screwed would be in the current SBMM system where that 0.5 kd player turns into a <0.1 kd player because they play with friends. Getting screwed is where your old COD buddies from 10 years ago no longer want to play with you because they get put into harder games and don't do well.

By your own logic, for poor players to drop to 20% of their score, the good players must benefit by a proportional amount without SBMM.

SBMM is fair and more consistent for all, the problem really lies with good players wanting to team up with bad players which upsets the system.

This is why non-PvP modes exist.

Associate
SBMM is fair and more consistent for all, the problem really lies with good players wanting to team up with bad players which upsets the system.
Can you explain how it is fair for an average player going 3-30 every game when they play with their friends?

This is why non-PvP modes exist.
Non PvP modes like zombies don't exist just so that bad players can play with their friends. It is a totally different game mode.

The endless amounts of complaints you see about SBMM on reddit and COD YouTubers should tell you something. Of course, lone wolf bad players getting their ego stroked with their artificially inflated kd are going to defend it to their last breath, regardless of whether it ruins the game for others.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

New to the forum.

Im currently playing multiplayer Cold War on the PS5 and suffering with really bad lag.

Players are running on the spot, disappearing and appearing 5m away and sometimes I'm shooting someone with no hit detection before they disappear.

Speedtest shows - Download - 44mbps Upload - 14.6mpbs Ping - 9ms. In game has a steady ping around 30-40ms and no packet loss. Router is 8m away.

Last Call Of Duty I played was Black Ops 4 on Xbox One with no issues.

Any ideas what the issue could be? Thanks

Soldato
Hi,

New to the forum.

Im currently playing multiplayer Cold War on the PS5 and suffering with really bad lag.

Players are running on the spot, disappearing and appearing 5m away and sometimes I'm shooting someone with no hit detection before they disappear.

Speedtest shows - Download - 44mbps Upload - 14.6mpbs Ping - 9ms. In game has a steady ping around 30-40ms and no packet loss. Router is 8m away.

Last Call Of Duty I played was Black Ops 4 on Xbox One with no issues.

Any ideas what the issue could be? Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I have the game on the Series X and the servers have been quite poor today.

Noted dodgy frame rate and rubber banding etc when I was on.

Your best bet might be to quit out and reconnect or simply wait for a less busy time

Associate
Welcome to the forum.

I have the game on the Series X and the servers have been quite poor today.

Noted dodgy frame rate and rubber banding etc when I was on.

Your best bet might be to quit out and reconnect or simply wait for a less busy time

Thanks RedStarRiot

Seems to have been like this for me since Friday.

Its a shame as I'm really enjoying the new multiplayer. Although I seem to be in the minority if reviews and forums are anything to go by!

Soldato
Thanks RedStarRiot

Seems to have been like this for me since Friday.

Its a shame as I'm really enjoying the new multiplayer. Although I seem to be in the minority if reviews and forums are anything to go by!

Hmmm not sure what to advise. Maybe see how it is off-peak and if it persists then re-install it?

Yeah, the MP has its moments but I think folk have been spoiled by last years game which was much better really.

Soldato
Hmmm not sure what to advise. Maybe see how it is off-peak and if it persists then re-install it?

Yeah, the MP has its moments but I think folk have been spoiled by last years game which was much better really.

At least this one isn't forcing me to download massive updates repeatedly like modern warfare. I gave up on it because of that.

Spent way more time with bloody downloads than playing

Back
Top Bottom