First gaming PC build but not connecting to tv

Associate
Hi all,

Our son (14yrs) was desperate to build his own pc as his Xmas present. Him and his dad did this, but it will not connect to the TV screen. It appears that the PC is running properly but the HDMI port (linked to the PC by a DVI to HDMI cable) is showing no signal.

We are now a loss as what to do. Are we missing something obvious? Clearly the extensive research done by our child was by watching a YouTube video or two . Any advice would be ver grateful!! TIA

RJC

RJC

Don
Hello and welcome.

Make sure all power connections are connected to the GPU and power to the CPU - This often gets missed.

Try a CMOS reset, sometime this works.

oh, please provide full pc spec.

Associate
OP
Thank you for responding so quickly!

They are pretty sure all power connections are in, but will check.
They will also try the CMOS reset if not.
I will try to find out the spec...

Thank you

Associate
OP
So thank you all. They were missing a power plugs into the vgu!! It's is now working.. Although it now says that Windows failed to start and we should contact the computer manufacturer!

RJC

RJC

Don
Bit strange, If this was the first time the machine booted up it would have no operating system installed and would normally show no boot drive detected rather than specifying a particular operating system.

But I assume you purchase a legitimate operating system (Do not state where unless from OCUK)

Associate
OP
Sorry, think I haven't said it in the right way!
The machine booted up and we got the bios screen etc.
We then inserted windows 10 on USB and assumed that it would then install. It was when it tried to install this, it said there was an error.

Associate
I don't know if that works, but normally you stick the USB/CD in first before turning on. Try downloading the windows 10 boot ISO from the official MS site onto a different USB. And use your purchased key.

Back
Top Bottom