I need to vent about my experience with an LG monitor.

Soldato
Unreal. Do you still have the tracking information to prove it wasn't?

In any case this is really terrible customer service on the side of OCUK. The fact they shirked responsibility for it off to the manufacturer is a bit of an eye opener. I thought we were charged above market rates for most components here because when things went wrong, their CS took care of it.

If it was a gpu, motherboard, cpu - that's exactly what would happen. I've even seen people get big upgrades to current gen cards when something returned was end of life / unavailable. Monitors are just weird though, they have a big thing about dealing direct with the end user and normally for good reason - it works well and is the best option for the customer - but when it doesn't it exposes some big gaps in the process (i.e. the retailer has no way of intervening once the direct return starts). For the record, it may not be the case with LG, but generally any return initiated by the retailer would end up with a b-grade products or worse. If the retailer returns a faulty gpu (which is what happens after you go through the customer rma process) the retailer usually gets either a credit or something that can be sold (but still not always).

If resellers got the same deal with monitors as the end user I'm sure ocuk would prefer to keep themselves in the loop but it just isn't so and they can't afford to take a hit of hundreds of pounds on every return due to the terms they work under.

Permabanned
Update Below

The purpose of this thread is to simply vent :p

In June, I got myself a 27GL850. Due to moving and issues with my PC, it wasn't until August I was able to first turn it on.

On 15th of September, it wouldn't turn on anymore. I got in touch with OCUK that day about getting it repaired, but was handed over to LG since OCUK don't deal with LG monitor repairs. LG advised they don't repair that model in the UK, and handed me back to OCUK. Rinse and repeat for a couple of weeks. LG finally gave in :)

On 14th of October, it was collected by LG, and I heard nothing from them until yesterday when I rang asking for an update. They weren't sure where the monitor was.

I got a notification this morning to say the monitor was being delivered today by DPD. Since I'm at work, my super cool housemate offered to take delivery.

I got a text from him this afternoon to say that he had to refuse the delivery, since the box had been poorly treated in transit and was heavily damaged. Furthermore, there was a label on the box saying "damaged". He sent me photos of this.

I just rang LG, and they advised that I should have accepted the delivery, and they will now launch an investigation which should take 5-7 working days.

I haven't a clue what to do at this point, other than just wait. I haven't even had the chance to play a game on the monitor yet :(

So sorry this has happened to you.

Stories like this are really putting me off LG. In fairness to them I have had many great products from them, but as they say: you don't really know a
company until things go wrong.
At the moment I am looking for a new monitor and this sort of shambles is really persuading me to buy a different brand.

Associate
Thanks for this thread. I've bought a 27GL850 recently and while it's fine and dandy, it's good to read about potential warranty problems.

I've owned an LG OLED TV for years now and it's still faultless, for what that's worth.

Soldato
absolutely shocking behaviour from LG and OcUK. the OcUK customer service support many, myself included, have lauded in the past seems to have gone down hill considerably in recent months. coincidentally maybe but since 5UB moved roles customer service seems to only have gotten worse.

I hope you get sorted buddy.

Soldato
OP
absolutely shocking behaviour from LG and OcUK. the OcUK customer service support many, myself included, have lauded in the past seems to have gone down hill considerably in recent months. coincidentally maybe but since 5UB moved roles customer service seems to only have gotten worse.

I hope you get sorted buddy.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll get something sorted.

I'm going to get in touch with Lloyds today to see what they recommend.

Back
Top Bottom