• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Only issues and I dont even know if its a issue, ive had is when I put a game in for the frist time, happened on both spiderman and demons souls, as it was copying the both needed a download of like 30 gb. In rest mode it didn't seem to progress but when ive download digital they do. Is this because its actually copying from the disk ans not downloading? Meaning the ps5 has to be on?

Soldato
Pretty much it in a nutshell, is surprising how soft some parents are. At least half of my christmas I didnt get what I want, and if me and one of my siblings asked for the same thing we shared it.
Fair point however you've kinda missed the point, at least from where I'm standing, so it's not all as clear cut and in a nutshell as you make out.

I had a totally **** childhood and as far as I'm concerned my children are going to have the best childhood ever, and that means if they don't have to share or go without then so be it.

Caporegime
Shame it didn't work out but it was pretty obvious a refund was only option. Are you playing cyberpunk at launch or waiting for the 'proper' next gen patch/version. I'm waiting myself.

Yeah it was the only option really, I’d have no idea how long I’d be waiting for another one and to be honest I would not want it Delivering from them.

I’ll be playing at launch, I can’t wait.

The rate I play games (getting lost just wandering around) I will probably still only be on the first few missions when the patch drops.

Soldato
It is not a bandwidth issue but a speed of light one; specifically latency to datacentre. I don't see it anytime in my lifetime.

Light travels 299,792,458 meters every second. So if my beer hasn't affected me too much, that's about 2 ms for the round trip in lightspeed. The rest of the latency comes down to the server hardware and the hardware at your end.

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
The updates are causing the issue. Reinstall the game, don't update, and the game will play fine time after time. Only workaround for the time being until they sort out the updates.

I managed to get MW working with updates by installing everything to an external drive. Seems it doesn't like running directly from the PS5 drive for me.

Soldato
Same here (touch wood) not a single issue so far, have done around 18 hours on demon souls and 7 of them was yesterday is a pretty long stint.
few hours on Astro and AC too, and have been using rest mode.

Soldato
Was just swinging through the city in the new spiderman lost signal the ps5 reboot and quickly came up with rebuilding database, works fine haven't gone back on spiderman since.

Other games work fine, I did have the headset connected which a few people have said causes issues.

Associate
I have only had crashes playing Spiderman to which I had to press and hold the power button to restart it. BTW don't unplug it when it crashes in case you harm the SSD data.

I am kinda overwhelmed by this console considering I have a 3700X and RTX 2070 Super in my PC. The games are optimized for the SSD unlike PC which I have a Sabrent Rocket 1 TB.

Just bought DMC5 and I didn't know that my Sony XH95 would do 120 Hz from the game options menu. It's 1080p 120 Hz mode and is very smooth.

Soldato
Fair point however you've kinda missed the point, at least from where I'm standing, so it's not all as clear cut and in a nutshell as you make out.

I had a totally **** childhood and as far as I'm concerned my children are going to have the best childhood ever, and that means if they don't have to share or go without then so be it.

Do they get everything they want but still get taught a healthy respect for their belongings, money and other people?

Associate
Had 3 hard crashes tonight after connecting my external hard drive with PS4 games on it. One time it crashed I was looking at the download notifications and it crashed exactly when a game finished copying and it started downloading an update for another game. Quick google search confirmed the cause to be playing a PS5 game while a PS4 game on an external drive is updating. Hope they get this fixed asap.

Soldato
The activity cards are very useful if you just want a quick session, timed going from the dashboard into a Spiderman: Remastered side mission with the game not loaded and it took 35 seconds. Straight into the mission dialogue too, no swinging to get there.

Back
Top Bottom