Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
Thought I would start this thread so the newbies could rally together and work our way through the game.

The game certainly doesn't hand hold lol!

After the initial frustrations I now 'get it'. Find myself trying to work out next strategy or level up path.

Don't understand the weapon pathway or builds completely. I beat the 2nd boss last night. Playing as knight mainly with the same long sword I've had from the beginning. I've levelled it up twice but not sure if I should have saved the souls for a different sword. Any tips?

Last edited:
Associate
I started as a royal because they have the magic stats and the souls arrow. I was free aiming for a long time and wondering why I could hardly hit stuff, then I realised you have to press R3 to lock on haha. Miles better now.

I've stuck with the first weapon and I was wondering whether I should change it too. I have the Rapier but found a Scimitar with better stats but did a different damage type. I'm thinking maybe wait until there's an obvious upgrade and then I'll take it. Rapier goes nice with my high dexterity so other swords don't give me the bonus that does.

Need to play more I think.

Associate
I remember back in PS3 days I used Moon winged spear and the tower shield (maybe different name).

Don’t let the Crystal geckos escape. Else I think they are gone for good until next play through.

Farm shrine of storms for souls on pure black tendancy. I remember this long cave with load of skeletons. Can’t remember if there was better place to farm than that.

Soldato
OP
I had a look at royal but one shotting everything early on didn't look that appealing. Quite like the impact of clashing of swords and using the shield so picked knight.

Any early game tips on weapons and armour? I prefer using the long sword atm. Can't really see any advantages from the other swords I've picked up. Picked up a few shields but again the stats are worse or same.

Soldato
What is this language you speak oh noble knight? :eek:

(Serious question - I'm not familiar with souls lingo!)
Fat rolling is where you are overburdened with equipment weight so you roll slowly - if you are higher than max weight you can hardly move - use souls to level str and endurance to increase max weight so you can equip heavier items. Using lighter armour and weapons helps you be much more nimble - I think at 50% of what you carry is a full fast roll. Turtling is high armour and good shield (turtle shell).

Soldato
Fat rolling is where you are overburdened with equipment weight so you roll slowly - if you are higher than max weight you can hardly move - use souls to level str and endurance to increase max weight so you can equip heavier items. Using lighter armour and weapons helps you be much more nimble - I think at 50% of what you carry is a full fast roll. Turtling is high armour and good shield (turtle shell).

Helpful explanation, thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom