• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
Not sure if it is an issue, got Black Ops and been having connectivity issues, found out a patch was downloading but accidentally cancelled (don't ask). Was unable to trigger the download again, had to uninstall and reinstall Black Ops to get it going again.

Aside from that, been rock solid and have been really impressed with it.

Soldato
Looking at the reddit thread (I also replied there), I wonder if we have a binning issue, with some ps5's not stable at the clock speeds been set. It happens on PC gpu's so could happen on consoles as well.

Associate
I was wondering what was going on. Does it need to be fixed or is it just a charging thing?

I've just read an article saying to try and change the cable that came with console, and what do you know? It worked. So the PS5 doesn't like the cable that came with it in rest mode to charge the pad? (In some cases) Weird.

Soldato
I'd probably still be on the first boss after 18 hours, I so wish they'd added an easy mode or at least some checkpoints.

I’m pretty new to it, only really played Dark Souls once with one play through.

I have gone for the fairly easy character to play which is Royal, give it a go.
That being said I’ve only done 4 bosses for the 18 hours worth

Soldato
You know you're supposed to watch the screen not the controller right? :D

Was going to post something similar, that's just looking for something to be annoyed at.

Anyone catch the Digital Foundry Dirt 5 comparison video?

Interesting watch, I'm my opinion we are seeing the benefit of the PS5 being easy to develop for and the throughput allowing for less optimization.

Soldato
Light travels 299,792,458 meters every second. So if my beer hasn't affected me too much, that's about 2 ms for the round trip in lightspeed. The rest of the latency comes down to the server hardware and the hardware at your end.
I doubt everyone lives within 2ms of a datacentre supporting the cloud product, in this case the compute required to stream gaming.

Soldato
Took delivery of Samsung T7 1tb yesterday which was plugged into the rear usb port.Formatted and downloaded several PS4 games with console on and then in rest mode for several hours while the rugby was on. Restarted, played several games and then placed back into rest mode overnight. This morning it has started from rest, started a game and then shutdown without issue.

Looking good.

Soldato
It boots so quickly from off that I'm not even using rest mode unless I have something downloading. Any game active I close before hand. No console crashes here though i did get an error with AC Odyssey when returning to title menu. Apart from that it's been pretty solid.

Tried the Spiderman remaster last night wow stunning.

Soldato
I don’t know if this is allowed here but I know many of you managed to secure more than one ps5. I am trying to buy one for an autistic friend who’s pre-order was cancelled and didn’t manage to secure one on release day. I’ve posted in the wanted section.

I can imagine there’s a few twisted people who think this is made up but I can assure you it isn’t and that this would mean more to him than you can imagine. I’ll be buying the ps5 and can provide a photo of him with it if it makes the sceptics feel better.

Cheers.

Soldato
Took delivery of Samsung T7 1tb yesterday which was plugged into the rear usb port.Formatted and downloaded several PS4 games with console on and then in rest mode for several hours while the rugby was on. Restarted, played several games and then placed back into rest mode overnight. This morning it has started from rest, started a game and then shutdown without issue.

Looking good.

Be very careful with your external drive. Whatever you do, don't move it from the USB port that it's currently plugged into and then turn your console on. It apparently breaks the storage and also causes your PS5 to crash, needing a complete restore to be done. Apparently the drive won't then work afterward either.

Associate
My 4 boys and I are really enjoying the PS5. Installed and played a mix of PS4 and PS5 games, long sessions and game switching without any problems so far. Haven't used external drive yet but have used rest mode in game without any hiccups.

Touch wood, this will continue

Soldato
Sounds like the external drives are probably the cause for most issues.

I haven’t used a drive, but I had been using rest mode all day yesterday and last night (for downloading games)

Edit, no issues

Soldato
Be very careful with your external drive. Whatever you do, don't move it from the USB port that it's currently plugged into and then turn your console on. It apparently breaks the storage and also causes your PS5 to crash, needing a complete restore to be done. Apparently the drive won't then work afterward either.
Sheesh. Really? I hadn't planned unplugging it anyway. It will be a fixture as it were but thanks for the heads-up as I was planning to get Pulse 3D and plugging that in the other usb rear port; which currently has the charging cable for the controller connected.

Soldato
Sheesh. Really? I hadn't planned unplugging it anyway. It will be a fixture as it were but thanks for the heads-up as I was planning to get Pulse 3D and plugging that in the other usb rear port; which currently has the charging cable for the controller connected.

I don't know how widespread the issue is but I watched a video on YouTube about it. He was bummed but didn't go overboard and didn't bash Sony terribly so I'm inclined to say he's being truthful. He's been a pretty reliable source for information on the PS5 and the Xbox so I can't imagine he'd be over-exaggerating the issue, but it might have just been specific to him and his console. Reading around the net shows quite a range of issues centred around external storage drives though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I don’t know if this is allowed here but I know many of you managed to secure more than one ps5. I am trying to buy one for an autistic friend who’s pre-order was cancelled and didn’t manage to secure one on release day. I’ve posted in the wanted section.

I can imagine there’s a few twisted people who think this is made up but I can assure you it isn’t and that this would mean more to him than you can imagine. I’ll be buying the ps5 and can provide a photo of him with it if it makes the sceptics feel better.

Cheers.

Good luck with your hunt but most people will either be keeping theirs or they bought a second with every intention to make as much from it as they could. Hopefully I am wrong and you find a kind scalper.

Back
Top Bottom