Sony Xperia 5 II

Associate
Is there a reason would you not want to use the first option (5G/4G/3G/2G)?

Yes.

The area I live in London, has had a partial 5G roll out. Meaning that 5g is very good outdoors, but very poor indoors. The phone will always hang on to 5g when at home even though the 4g is much stronger.

When at home I would like the option of switching to 4g for better data speeds.

Just use your wifi you say?! That would be great except Virgin media is down all the time and I often have to rely on my mobile data to fill the gaps.

Caporegime
Just got one today as an upgrade from my Xperia 1.
To be honest I'm really impressed by it.

I kind of want to use it without a case, but I know it'll get scratched to hell like my Xperia 1 did because of my work uniform :(

Associate
I still have two screen protectors if anyone is interested. Happy to post these free of charge. I'm surprised nobody is interested, but if I don't have any takers by ten tomorrow morning they're going in the bin!

Suspended
I like the look of this phone, it reminds of the Note 9 but more compact.

Just wish it was a little cheaper and the camera software was replaced with Googles, looks like Sony just imported the camera app from their camera and just made it work. Without properly customizing and tweaking it to get the most out their mobile camera. Camera comparisons with the Pixel 5 show a lack of detail, muted colours and no night mode.

Suspended
It comes with a simpler one that I've used (bottom right on the screen) and you'll be familiar with, I haven't bothered with Photo or Cinema Pro yet.

Yeah, I'm not sure who actually uses Pro modes, most of the time people will just want to point and shoot with phones, maybe edit afterwards but that's about it for me.

I'm assuming the camera comparisons I've seen are using the basic camera app and not their Pro mode.

Man of Honour
How do you change video recording resolution?

This?

xperiavideo.png

Back
Top Bottom