Priti Stick.

Man of Honour
Do you honestly get shouted at and sweared at at work, I have never experienced either.
Not recently. But between 2011 and 2013 I worked for a US investment bank (in IT, not on the trade floor). I was frequently sworn at by the traders and my managers manager once called me to ask who caused a problem, because someone was going to lose their job, it wasn't going to be them, so who was it?

Honestly it made me a more robust person. I'm proud to say I put the phone down on some of the swearing and I refused to give up the name of the person I knew would be sacked. But it was a very stressful time. Strangely I look back on those days with fondness though.

Soldato
Do you honestly get shouted at and sweared at at work, I have never experienced either.

I used to but then I worked in a completely toxic environment for years, it really took it's toll, now I've moved on I realised just how bad it was and I shouldn't have let it carry on. How I kept my hands of the person that used to do it (they were a VP) I just don't know, luckily I was more professional than he could even dream of so I managed to keep my cool.

She should be sacked, this kind of behaviour is just not acceptable or defensible whatever the circumstance.

Soldato
The Times Newspaper thinks Boris will deliver the coup de grâce to Preti, for incompetence, as a new years gift to the nation
... if he waived that prospect, as a national incentive for good lock down compliance, I'd sign up.

maybe Boris is just keeping her on, for now, as a continued exercise of showing control, post Cummings.

Soldato
The Times Newspaper thinks Boris will deliver the coup de grâce to Preti, for incompetence, as a new years gift to the nation
... if he waived that prospect, as a national incentive for good lock down compliance, I'd sign up.

maybe Boris is just keeping her on, for now, as a continued exercise of showing control, post Cummings.
Why has he got to wait to the new year? Is that how long it’ll take him to work up the courage to tell Princess Nut Nuts he’s been boffing the Pritster?

Soldato
Yeah it's called working in business, sometimes your boss might get angry if you're doing a **** job and need to be told. I have on occasion been on the wrong side of a telling off, one time it was fair and another time I felt not, either way as an adult you grow a pair and move on. If you're getting shouted at and bullied on an ongoing basis and you're doing your job properly then yeah absolutely that can be bullying. Most of you of course are assuming it's the latter because you're suffering from confirmation bias, you already hate the Tories so any story about them you assume it's the absolute worst case, "Ah! Just as I suspected, the smug smirking Torie I hate is a bad person!". Likely the truth is somewhere in the middle I'd suggest, maybe she was a bit harsh and maybe they were a bit incompetent.

If you are happy to let someone shout and swear at you in a business environment you need to grow a pair. What kind of spineless coward wouldn't stand up for themselves and stamp that behavior out straight away?

Rolling over and taking it with a smile isn't throwing a pair!

Permabanned
Given Johnson’s reputation, it wouldn’t surprise me.

I’m still at a complete loss how any woman could let him touch them full stop, never mind with his ****.

£2m a year plus power. Probably sounds like a pretty good reason for some people.

Permabanned
If you are happy to let someone shout and swear at you in a business environment you need to grow a pair. What kind of spineless coward wouldn't stand up for themselves and stamp that behavior out straight away?

Depends where you work. Standing up is pointless at times. I remember a case in a company I worked for, one of the female employees lived locally and rode a bike to work. One evening she got on her bike and was assailed by a barrage of crude comments by another member of staff. She complained to the management and was promptly fired. The following week the member of staff who made all the comments was promoted. The guy who made all the crude comments was more valuable to the company than she was, they got rid of her to avoid further trouble. If anyone asked any questions, she was fired for a completely different set of reasons ( that they just made up ). But then I used to work in the construction industry and they are well used to making stuff up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends where you work. Standing up is pointless at times. I remember a case in a company I worked for, one of the female employees lived locally and rode a bike to work. One evening she got on her bike and was assailed buy a barrage of crude comments by another member of staff. She complained to the management and was promptly fired. The following week the member of staff who made all the comments was promoted. The guy who made all the crude comments was more valuable to the company than she was, they got rid of her to avoid further trouble. If anyone asked any questions, she was fired for a completely different set of reasons ( that they just made up ). But then I used to work in the construction industry and they are well used to making stuff up.

I worded the above in a particular way as Roar fancies himself as a hard man.

I may have a different view of things though, used to work in environments were mistake could end up with people dying and myself and my colleagues never felt the need to be abusive to each other. Voices were raised for safety and that was it.

If some jumped up manager in an office environment feels the need to they are clearly not cut out for the job and I will always tell them. Luckily only ever come across it once and company decided I was more useful to them.

Soldato
I worked in construction most of my life and yes there was a lot of shouting, swearing and even intimidation. One or two general foremen who remain nameless but were legendary used to use this even to we engineering staff. There were legendary stand up shouting matches at meetings, I remember. Nowadays it is quite a rarity and would be frowned upon, such people would not rise in the industry however there are subtler ways to intimidate which are not picked up on so easily.

Soldato
Depends where you work. Standing up is pointless at times. I remember a case in a company I worked for, one of the female employees lived locally and rode a bike to work. One evening she got on her bike and was assailed by a barrage of crude comments by another member of staff. She complained to the management and was promptly fired. The following week the member of staff who made all the comments was promoted. The guy who made all the crude comments was more valuable to the company than she was, they got rid of her to avoid further trouble. If anyone asked any questions, she was fired for a completely different set of reasons ( that they just made up ). But then I used to work in the construction industry and they are well used to making stuff up.
Stuff that didnt happen for £100 please.

Soldato

I mean you're making a strawman because I didn't say "shout and swear", I said I've been told off, people have swore though not like calling names, and generally had like raised voices with a ****** off tone but I wouldn't call it "shouting". I'm basically the last person who would be a spineless coward in any environment, but sometimes you have to put your hands and accept the bollocking if you're in the wrong. I would characterise being a coward as crying like a baby because someone shouted at you.

Caporegime
Can't say I have, either in the private or public sector.

I think we're just a bit more laid back down here ;) It's a different world to the big-city, highly stressed (and highly paid) London life.

Back
Top Bottom