*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Man of Honour
including all the dlc's?

Doesnt say if it has all the dlcs, I'm guessing not, I'd assume its just the maingame, although Steam only shows 2 DLCs and one of those is just skins, the other isnt out until 2021. So I guess the free one on epic will have whatever you get in the Steam Elite Dangerous package (apart from those 2)

Associate
It was the smoothest version at the time due the BBCs higher processing power.

Plus you had analogy joysticks if I recall correctly?
I played it on my brother's BBC which had an analog joystick. I played it all the way to Elite level and loved it.
Somehow only just realised this is developed by the same people as Elite on the ZX Spectrum
How dense must I be to not have worked that out
You can be forgiven for not knowing who David Braben is. All 4(?) Elite games are his work. I believe the original was developed by just two people.

Associate
If you have a profile with loads of commands set up for ED, then how does one of these voice packs fit in with that?
Not personally used it but I would expect this to be the voice feedback that you normally hear so should (in theory) still work without any problems. I have not yet setup my voice attack or played with it so can't check myself.

Soldato
Well this new Epic version seems to have totally overloaded the servers. Couldn't get on at all yesterday evening. Not tried yet today.

Yeah its all well and good giving away free games but it will cause issues later on. I am not sure who wants to run cheats on Elite (are they even a thing?) but these Epic giveaways cause some real issues with the number of throwaway accounts.

Associate
Well this new Epic version seems to have totally overloaded the servers. Couldn't get on at all yesterday evening. Not tried yet today.
The servers are the exact opposite of overloaded, there were a few issues with Epic account linking but they were sorted on Thursday evening. What issues are you having - can you get to the launcher, main menu, in game at all?

Soldato
I miss Elite, it was a superb game, if I fired it up today, I'd find myself somewhere out on the edge of the galaxy on my way back from the core with a shedload of exploration data to bank. It's is probably out of date now as I haven't played it since I bought my switch, I got way too addicted to that game thinking back...

Soldato
The servers are the exact opposite of overloaded, there were a few issues with Epic account linking but they were sorted on Thursday evening. What issues are you having - can you get to the launcher, main menu, in game at all?
The servers have definitely been struggling, I gave up trying to play yesterday evening due to it.

Soldato

Got to the launcher showed servers offline, was able to open the first menu in game but the option to play the game was greyed out, as it usually is until the server clicks in which it never did. Not checked today yet.

Associate
Been playing last few days with no issues logging onto servers.

I Downloaded the Epic version thinking a second account may be useful at some point.

Associate
The servers have definitely been struggling, I gave up trying to play yesterday evening due to it.
I'm looking at metrics that show there's been plenty of server capacity, so issues are more likely specific to an individual server, account, or some other factor. These can be a pain to track down so detailed bug reports are invaluable.

Got to the launcher showed servers offline, was able to open the first menu in game but the option to play the game was greyed out, as it usually is until the server clicks in which it never did. Not checked today yet.
Interesting, no error messages, just doesn't connect? If the client can't connect within a couple of minutes it should automatically try another server. Are you using a VPN, or have one installed?

Back
Top Bottom