• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Out of interest, what relevance is him being autistic? Hope you find one either way.

It’s relevant because some people out there will understand the disability and will know what it means to him to get his hands on something he wants.

let’s be honest here. If I hadn’t mentioned his disability and said I just want one for a friend of mine then my chance of success would be closer to zero than they are now.

Soldato
Definitely avoiding using external USB drives as there seem to be many issues there. Its not worth the risk imo. USB dongle for the 3D headset works fine in the front and back ports.

Soldato
I was gonna buy an external drive but reading about the issues I think I might just wait until the m.2 slot is enabled and we see what compatible drives cost.

I'd expect m.2 prices will start to fall pretty quickly when there's tens of millions of ps5 owners looking to buy them as upgrades

Soldato
I was gonna buy an external drive but reading about the issues I think I might just wait until the m.2 slot is enabled and we see what kind of price they start going for.

I'd expect m.2 prices will start to fall pretty quickly when there's tens of millions of ps5 owners looking to buy them as upgrades
This is what I will eventually be doing too.

Soldato
It’s relevant because some people out there will understand the disability and will know what it means to him to get his hands on something he wants.

let’s be honest here. If I hadn’t mentioned his disability and said I just want one for a friend of mine then my chance of success would be closer to zero than they are now.

I get that but if I found out someone was referring to me as that I'd be ******. It doesn't define who I am, nor do I really class it as a disability, yes it is officially defined as such but it has it's benefits too. Anyway, didn't mean to preach, I know you're trying to do a good thing it just triggered me a bit.

Soldato
Another no issues here. No external storage either. Just loving it so far! But haven't even played a PS5 exclusive apart from Astro.

I'm actually considering just going and buying Demons souls for £70 from Argos today. I like the look of that Steel Series 7P headset too but it bugs me it's not using USBC to charge.

Soldato
I get that but if I found out someone was referring to me as that I'd be ******. It doesn't define who I am, nor do I really class it as a disability, yes it is officially defined as such but it has it's benefits too. Anyway, didn't mean to preach, I know you're trying to do a good thing it just triggered me a bit.

Yeah I understand your point and apologise, no offence was intended. As you said just trying to do a good thing and probably didn’t select my wording as well as I could have.

Anyway, didn’t mean to derail the thread.

Soldato
Yeah I understand your point and apologise, no offence was intended. As you said just trying to do a good thing and probably didn’t select my wording as well as I could have.

Anyway, didn’t mean to derail the thread.

No I know, we're all different I apologise, I was just trying to understand the relevance in the first place which you kindly explained, should have left it there. I'll keep an eye out, I'm trying to get the official charger so I'm checking quite a lot. If I find one I'll order it regardless then message you, if you don't want it I can always cancel it.

Soldato
Anyone else had the internet connection speed test reporting completely nonsensical numbers. On average it reports 1.5 Mbps down and 2.0 Mbps up for me regardless of wired/wireless connection to my setup. I get VM 200/20 and on all other devices (iPhone/Gigabyte AX wireless on desktop) average 210/22! Fortunately all downloads seem to come at about 20 mb/s so I think it may just be a bug!

Soldato
I completed Astro, have been playing through Sackboy with the Mrs and downloaded Days Gone as I didn't pick it up on PS4, just starting to get into it properly now after a few hours.

I do have Assassin's Creed Valhalla sitting there installed but I haven't fired it up yet, likely going to complete Days Gone first and who knows there might have been some kind of update for AC by then to solve some of the small issues I keep hearing about.

I do have a save for GOW (pretty close to the Platinum) but it's on a USB stick and people keep having issues.

Think once Sackboy has been completed and the Mrs has lost intrest I will sell on / trade in and pick up Spiderman.

Really enjoying it, had one crash while on Sackboy but it's all brand new and I'm sure we will see a system software update in the next few months to address some of the more common issues.

Soldato
My sister's Curry's order was set to "Dispatched" this morning. Trying to chase it up for her as she never got tracking information.

IalMNse.jpg

Curry's webchat service being super helpful

:p

Associate
To remove external usb drive on ps5 or ps4.

Safely remove an extended storage drive
When you want to temporarily stop using your extended storage drive, or when you want to use your extended storage drive on another PS5 or PS4 console, make sure your console's power indicator is completely off before disconnecting the extended storage drive from your console.

If you want to disconnect an extended storage drive while your console is powered on, follow these steps:

PS5: remove extended storage
  1. Go to the home screen and select Settings > Storage.
  2. Select Extended Storage > Stop Using.
  3. Disconnect the extended storage drive from your PS5 console.
When you want to use the USB drive again, connect it to a USB port on the back of your PS5 console, and select Start Using.

Soldato
I completed Astro, have been playing through Sackboy with the Mrs and downloaded Days Gone as I didn't pick it up on PS4, just starting to get into it properly now after a few hours.

I do have Assassin's Creed Valhalla sitting there installed but I haven't fired it up yet, likely going to complete Days Gone first and who knows there might have been some kind of update for AC by then to solve some of the small issues I keep hearing about.

I do have a save for GOW (pretty close to the Platinum) but it's on a USB stick and people keep having issues.

Think once Sackboy has been completed and the Mrs has lost intrest I will sell on / trade in and pick up Spiderman.

Really enjoying it, had one crash while on Sackboy but it's all brand new and I'm sure we will see a system software update in the next few months to address some of the more common issues.

It's frustrating because I really want to play AC over anything else but I think if I get it now I'll just lose interest with the screen tearing.

Soldato
To remove external usb drive on ps5 or ps4.

Safely remove an extended storage drive
When you want to temporarily stop using your extended storage drive, or when you want to use your extended storage drive on another PS5 or PS4 console, make sure your console's power indicator is completely off before disconnecting the extended storage drive from your console.

If you want to disconnect an extended storage drive while your console is powered on, follow these steps:

PS5: remove extended storage
  1. Go to the home screen and select Settings > Storage.
  2. Select Extended Storage > Stop Using.
  3. Disconnect the extended storage drive from your PS5 console.
When you want to use the USB drive again, connect it to a USB port on the back of your PS5 console, and select Start Using.

I literally just came in to say about using the safely remove extended storage option on the PS5. Spooky :p

Its in the extended storage settings.

I reckon many wont be doing it and simply unplugging their drives.

Soldato
It's frustrating because I really want to play AC over anything else but I think if I get it now I'll just lose interest with the screen tearing.

I'm still working through Odyssey so I'm in a good place to hopefully pick up ACV once its been patched and things have settled a bit.

I'm looking forwards to the Desriny 2 update next month and obviously Cyberpunk.

I have Ghost of Tsushima to play through also and thats on my internal drive.

I think there will be some awesome content in the new year too and I kind of like the fact I have a backlog to keep me going.

For example, I'm just downloading Days Gone as I never played it first time around.

Associate
My sister's Curry's order was set to "Dispatched" this morning. Trying to chase it up for her as she never got tracking information.

Curry's webchat service being super helpful

:p

With Currys, dispatched does not necessarily mean it's in transit to being delivered. Quite a few folk have had a similar status only to find it can mean the next batch of stock is in the process of being shipped to Currys depots, which will then be passed on to couriers for delivery. As for me, my order has firmly settled on "in progress" status .... which in Currys parlance probably means my console is being fabricated at Sony's manufacturing plant ;)

Back
Top Bottom