120 on M25

Associate
Need to drive some less fat cars friend. :D

Heres a video of a GT with a very similar spec to mine, chasing an Accord Type R. https://youtu.be/LKMlSw1sojU?list=LL&t=24

I do like the Legacy, and XFR's, a little different to one another but both good cars.

I've not driven an AWD car in the snow but the fun of an MX5 in the snow is the ease at which you can act like a complete knob, fully sideways at all times at very low speeds, every roundabout becomes an event, and you can do snonuts! (tm)

The last time I drove one in the snow I did crash into a curb though...

Good video clip, both cars pretty sharp handling the Subaru would have overtaken the Honda quite easy especially on corners on a long straight, mine is good for about 300bhp but I don't think a stock one would have much trouble dispatching the Honda either based on my experience - where they excel is the corners

Caporegime
Good video clip, both cars pretty sharp handling the Subaru would have overtaken the Honda quite easy especially on corners on a long straight, mine is good for about 300bhp but I don't think a stock one would have much trouble dispatching the Honda either based on my experience - where they excel is the corners

What did you do to it to pick up 50HP? Just breathing mods? Intake/exhaust + mapping?

Be interesting to pit the three cars against each other with equal power to weight ratio. I guess the Legacy would need about 225HP for that experiment. Unplug one sparkplug. :p

Soldato
OP was in a car. Nothing much will come of it. At the worst a slap on the wrists and a BJ from a local crack head hooker. If he was on motorcycle though I'd expect an instant ban. There seems to be so much inconsistency when it comes to these things.

On a separate note, the speed limits and traffic management in the UK is a bit of joke really. Whilst people's reaction times might not have improved, cars, safety and other tech has. Including road construction, yet the limits are still the same from the 1960s. In fact the limit was reduced (for single carriageways in the 70s).

Caporegime
On a separate note, the speed limits and traffic management in the UK is a bit of joke really. Whilst people's reaction times might not have improved, cars, safety and other tech has. Including road construction, yet the limits are still the same from the 1960s. In fact the limit was reduced (for single carriageways in the 70s).

With some of the driving I see, I'm relatively happy for limits to remain as they are. :p

Soldato
Over 100 is not an instant ban. Of course it depends how many points you alreaddy have, if any.

I got caught speeding for the first time early this year in the Supra. Over a ton, 6 points, no ban. SP30.

I was pulled over though, not papped with a cam. Unsure if that makes any difference.

Soldato
OP would do well to watch this and realise the utter stupidity of driving at those speeds, the pair in this video were particularly special, woman in front literally had no clue whatsoever

Associate
OP would do well to watch this and realise the utter stupidity of driving at those speeds, the pair in this video were particularly special, woman in front literally had no clue whatsoever

that is scary.. also quite impressive how well the mini held up after that impact!.. very lucky people to survive that.

it always makes me wonder if the lorry had a heavy load.. would the driver actually feel the impact from behind if someone hits you? obviously going at 120mph you would, but at normal speed I beg to differ unless they have impact sensors on the trailers

Soldato

Jesus that is bad.

Surely the lorry driver has to take some accountability though? He just pulls out.

Soldato

Why, they all walked away, shows how safe cars are now.

I like the caption over the top "both cars are heavily damaged", no **** Sherlock, but you know the guy that determines that is on a good government salary.

Soldato
That clip is a bit of a reminder of what can happen on the roads.... Amazing testament to modern car design that no one died, and the value of the crash bars on the back of lorrys.
Jesus that is bad.

Surely the lorry driver has to take some accountability though? He just pulls out.
Maybe he could have been more cautious and checked mirrors again as he started pulling out, but with the cars doing the speed they were they will have looked quite a long way away when he checked his mirrors, and isn't that easy to judge the relative speed of vehicles in mirrors when they're going so much faster than you.

Edit: even if he did see them in his mirrors and realise something was wrong as he was pulling out there was so little time due to the relative speeds being so high that he probably couldn't do anything to avoid a crash anyway.

I guess it's equivalent to pulling out from being parked at the side of the road in a 20mph zone, seeing someone's headlights in the distance in your mirror and thinking they're far enough away only to find out part way through pulling out that actually they're doing 70mph and they've crashed into you.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Subaru only sold 18 6 speed saloons in the UK market which were facelift models so I highly doubt you seen one tbh - the saloons are lighter, handle better and have a lower drag coefficient than the wagons - as well as faster.

You are saying a Primera GT is more accomplished car? if you want to meet up at some track feel free to pm me -I have the whole month of December off also due to excess COVID holidays so what are you waiting for?

Did you just throw down here? That's fantastic :D

Also what's with this one-of-four rubbish? It's a bloody Subaru, it was built to carry Karens to the mall and back ffs :D

Man of Honour
Whether you agree with these speeds or not, you may be able to handle it, but you can’t account for the unpredictable nature and sometimes stupidity of other drivers, as I witness on a daily basis. The whole point of an accident is that it’s unexpected. Plus there’s always a risk of something on your car failing too, unlikely for many of course, but it’s there. Even on my daily commute that I could do blindfolded, so often there are unexpected animals in the road, giant puddles, lorries parked or parking (blocking a lane, yes, on a blind bend of a dual carriageway!) etc.

Caporegime

I'm confused. Apparently the Bora driver got nailed too but from what I could see he was innocent? Unless there's more to it.

Also NW Boro? Really? :D

Caporegime
Whether you agree with these speeds or not, you may be able to handle it, but you can’t account for the unpredictable nature and sometimes stupidity of other drivers, as I witness on a daily basis. The whole point of an accident is that it’s unexpected. Plus there’s always a risk of something on your car failing too, unlikely for many of course, but it’s there. Even on my daily commute that I could do blindfolded, so often there are unexpected animals in the road, giant puddles, lorries parked or parking (blocking a lane, yes, on a blind bend of a dual carriageway!) etc.

Well said. When driving on the roads you must always assume everyone around you is blind and stupid. I learned this very quickly when riding bikes, if you get pancaked on a bike you may just not get back up again.

Back
Top Bottom