• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Associate
Enjoy your cards people! Gutted to not be joining in this time around although I have got an xsx awaiting me at crimbo. Getting old, getting lazy:D Show us those undervolts!

Soldato
It's a shame Control RT is bugged. Dabbled a bit with SotTR and my god, when you are young Lara for a few minutes those sections look absolutely incredible (not down to just the shadows but it helps a lot). Now started Exodus and thought I'd just play a bit but WOW, it looks so good! Even despite their mediocre texture quality. It really has that photo-real feel to it when you're playing, sorta like being in a tech demo more than in a game. Performance really is not that bad, makes me a bit disappointed I couldn't snag the XT, those extra 12 CUs would be provide a nice boost!

Gonna keep it for night-time playthroughs: RTGI + HDR + dark room = <3

Associate
It's a shame Control RT is bugged. Dabbled a bit with SotTR and my god, when you are young Lara for a few minutes those sections look absolutely incredible (not down to just the shadows but it helps a lot). Now started Exodus and thought I'd just play a bit but WOW, it looks so good! Even despite their mediocre texture quality. It really has that photo-real feel to it when you're playing, sorta like being in a tech demo more than in a game. Performance really is not that bad, makes me a bit disappointed I couldn't snag the XT, those extra 12 CUs would be provide a nice boost!

Gonna keep it for night-time playthroughs: RTGI + HDR + dark room = <3

Just curious, do you have all this options available:

Control-ray-tracing.png

Soldato
Just curious, do you have all this options available:
Yes, I can turn them all on, but the reflections in particular are very noisy and the transparent ones even go blocky when resolving. I think it might be an issue with the denoiser and how it plays with AMD. Contact shadows work fine from what I can tell, and diffuse as well but that also suffers from denoising issues somewhat.

How it looks:
7Lksz09.jpg.png
How it's supposed to look:
AIXG9HS.jpg.png

Associate
Yes, I can turn them all on, but the reflections in particular are very noisy and the transparent ones even go blocky when resolving. I think it might be an issue with the denoiser and how it plays with AMD. Contact shadows work fine from what I can tell, and diffuse as well but that also suffers from denoising issues somewhat.

How it looks:
7Lksz09.jpg.png
How it's supposed to look:
AIXG9HS.jpg.png

Yeah, something is wrong.
This is 1440p, no DLSS, MSAAX2:

Control-DX12-2020-11-22-07-58-50-082.jpg

Also did a small video using Geforce Experience of one of my favorite RT things in this game:

If you want more picss or videos, just tag me. I have Control and Legion installed at the moment.

Soldato
Actually I take back what I said about Fallen Order perf. With the 16 GB vram I'm just brute-forcing the streaming so it helps with the stutters. 4K 60 is a go. My config atm:

r.SSR.MaxRoughness 0.8 | r.AmbientOcclusionLevels 5 | r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale 0.20 | r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold 0.01 | r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades 10 | r.Shadow.CSMDepthBias 10 | r.Shadow.SpotLightDepthBias 0 | r.Shadow.SpotLightTransitionScale 400 | r.Shadow.PointLightDepthBias 0 | r.Shadow.MaxResolution 4096 | r.Shadow.MaxCSMResolution 4096 | r.ShadowQuality 5 | r.CAS.Sharpen 0.75 | r.ViewDistanceScale 10 | fov 60 | r.PostProcessAAQuality 6 | r.Streaming.PoolSize=16384 | r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM 0 | r.MaxAnisotropy=16 | r.Streaming.HLODStrategy 2 | r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures 1 | r.BloomQuality 5

Man of Honour
OP
rHYFqCw.jpg
M39k59X.jpg.png
RxZxXcP.jpg.png
BqKGNY2.jpg.png
I4LVbzO.jpg.png
https://i.imgur.com/rHYFqCw.jpg

https://imgur.com/M39k59X

https://imgur.com/BqKGNY2

https://imgur.com/RxZxXcP

https://imgur.com/I4LVbzO

(sorry guys, not sure how posting photos on OCUK works, going back to enjoying my 6800XT, will post OC results at some point in future).

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LogOGKS.png

Date 22/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, JCLDJB, Link
Date 21/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, Darren_uk, Link
Date 20/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, dante6491, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Rastan007, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Gears, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Chrisola, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, montymint, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, almoststew1990, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, lovelyhead, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 6800 (XT).

Last edited:
Associate
Wow nine people got them. Great release AMD. If there isn't enough stock of AIB cards on Wednesday across multiple sites I'll just hang on for 3080. Owned Radeon cards for over 10 years but TBH it's whichever is available from here on in. Let's hope the launch this week isn't vapoure ware again but having seen Gibbo's post it looks like it is. Wow talk about being clueless AMD and Frank Azore take the biscuit. Inept doesn't even come close. Plus the new drivers are broken for any game that supports RT. Drivers totally suck as usual.

Associate
Wow nine people got them. Great release AMD. If there isn't enough stock of AIB cards on Wednesday across multiple sites I'll just hang on for 3080. Owned Radeon cards for over 10 years but TBH it's whichever is available from here on in. Let's hope the launch this week isn't vapoure ware again but having seen Gibbo's post it looks like it is. Wow talk about being clueless AMD and Frank Azore take the biscuit. Inept doesn't even come close. Plus the new drivers are broken for any game that supports RT. Drivers totally suck as usual.

Drivers are ab-so-lute-ly perfect for everything else.
Rock solid, haven't had so much as a twitch. Plug and play.
Haven't tried RT yet, but this is their first generation so I probably won't even use it TBH.ll

What's sad though, is it is 9 people, but I didn't even get mine on launch day.

I got mine on Friday from another Etailer I can't name, they got a 2nd batch on the Friday, 12 in and I was one of those 12.

So there are more out there, just not posting here...for sure there aren't many but I think many more will start trickling in, especially once they catch up console demand and make the switch to manufacturing more GPUs, could take a while though.

Still gonna try my luck again on Wednesday for a 2nd card, AIB this time.

Really want a Sapphire Nitro+

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Wow nine people got them. Great release AMD. If there isn't enough stock of AIB cards on Wednesday across multiple sites I'll just hang on for 3080. Owned Radeon cards for over 10 years but TBH it's whichever is available from here on in. Let's hope the launch this week isn't vapoure ware again but having seen Gibbo's post it looks like it is.

Was a factor of many in the decision for me. I waited out the initial 3080 to see what AMD were bringing - it looked really positive hardware wise. Being honest I thought after the poor nvidia launch they would at worst be slightly better as they dont tend to attract the mindshare.

Once I failed to secure a 6800/XT I could not see myself securing a 6900XT nor did I plan on spending that amount. This meant for the rest of 2020 I would be fighting many others for either a FE 3080 or a 6800XT - which would have been an AIB so likely not £599 but more like £630ish.

Man of Honour
OP
I also got a 6800 on launch day from OCUK, so make that 10

p.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6uyolw46jizwxi/IMG_0059.jpg

Welcome and on the TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

LogOGKS.png

Date 22/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, phawk, Link
Date 22/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, AfrogoatST, Link
Date 22/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, JCLDJB, Link
Date 21/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, Darren_uk, Link
Date 20/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, dante6491, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Rastan007, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Gears, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, Chrisola, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, montymint, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800XT, almoststew1990, Link
Date 19/11/2020, Make AMD Reference 6800, lovelyhead, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 6800 (XT).

Associate

They should have delayed launch until enough units had been produced to cover demand. They rushed it, and inevitably manufacturing isn't up to speed. It doesn't look good, and frankly the excuses are also pretty weak.

Soldato
Wow nine people got them. Great release AMD.

Not everyone who has them can be bothered to post a picture or wants in on the ROH thing. Sure I didn't really, but as i'm here now.......

Upgraded from a GTX 970. First foray with AMD for a while as i've had issues with AMD cards in the past, but have always rooted for the underdog a bit despite being neutral generally as my Nvidia cards have always worked out of the box.

HETZ082.jpg

No real issues except it being a bit fussy when started for the first time with multiple monitors (screens never came on). Only started with one monitor connected. Did the same when changing the amount of monitors but seems fine now.

Noticed a bit of microstuttering in Sea of Thieves, but every other game has been sound so far, so it could be something else I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom