Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Associate
booted this up for the first time in a year. i miss this game.

did bad in my first game so only ranked in at GN1 and then hit a 32 in my next game but still lost.

both games there was zero English communication which didn't help

Whats your name on steam? ill add you, might come back to this after 8 months off.

me and @Psycho Sonny used to play most evenings.

Soldato
I swear de_castle from 2014 is still in the map files but its not on rotation, I wish they'd throw people onto a whole variety of maps in a blind mixed queue with the idea of more random gameplay then precise millisecond known angles. Kinda of a dream but we might get an operation or some change happen as 4 devs were spotted using CSgo beta branch all at the same time which suggests some activity.

I'm just playing annubis idly, hopefully I'm gaining some ground after changing my crosshair from dynamic to fully fixed. People been telling me for years to stay fixed but it was mostly an aid to me (movement) and now I got to relearn which takes me time, so just plodding along. Of course CS still a great game but new stuff is nice too.

feel free to add me as well link below,
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197973492430

Last edited:
Soldato
Well after a year off I’ve got back into the swing of things. Have won probably 90% of the games I’ve played since coming back. Placed at GN1 and have moved up to GN2 now. I think I was only MGE when I stopped though so not too far off

Associate
I've given up on match making (currently dmg), with having a cheater on my team or the opposition every other match, so started playing on face it for serious play.

Close to level 5, which I'll hopefully crack tonight

Soldato
I've given up on match making (currently dmg), with having a cheater on my team or the opposition every other match, so started playing on face it for serious play.

Close to level 5, which I'll hopefully crack tonight
completely forgot about faceit. might have to get back on there actually.

Associate
Anyone else playing the new operation? I don't have anyone to do the missions vs bots with:(
Edit : Got adds, thank you!

Last edited:
Soldato
Up to GN3 at the moment. It’s a grind when barely anyone speaks in game. I’m by no means good but half the people at the rank seem to lack all knowledge of the game and can barely get any kills. How am I being matched with these people?

Soldato
GN4. The grind is real. Last game I had a guy on my team only bought a deagle every round. No armour and ended the game with 1 kill. He was playing with a mate so we couldn’t kick him. His mate just want to Zeus every round. Needless to say. We lost. Although 15-13.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Been enjoying this game much lately I must admit. I have been polishing my skills again on Wingman rather that the high pressure chaos of Competitive.

Associate
Is there really such a huge difference between SMFC and global? I've read it can take a 10-15 win streak while being pretty much a top player on your team to rank up from SMFC, is that right?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Is this game just miserable to play solo queue now? Less morons but I've come back (previously played 400 hours), ranked at Silver Master Elite with a win and since lost 15 matches in a row and therefore been bumped down to Silver IV. Absolutely miserable. Seems even in silver the skill level is pretty decent so I have no chance.

Soldato
It was always slightly challenging in that way, if you find one ok person add them. Faceit might be best, my favourite was custom map hub. In theory you can go onto discord and ask people for a game, theres at least a few open servers that just want reasonable people. Reddit, or the one Im on most often has an open chair for anyone from ocuk to join. ask if you want links. Right this moment most are playing league not cs
They are still trying to fix MM last I heard was them upping trust in sorting preference

10-15 win streak
Thats about right, 10 games would be a tiny amount to rank up on also consider that no more then a couple games at a time really alter elo. Dont take it overly seriously, its not linear like an actual chess ladder etc.
Im not sure it cares about streaks, a loss might not reset anything imo obviously mm is a messy system at best. There is about 10k global for all ranked players across europe and russia, anything more then faceit level 6 or 7 sustained is more accomplished i think it is

Soldato
Are the gun cases you get worth actually opening? I some how have 3.

I know at one stage skins in this were a big thing, a mate sold a knife skin for £80 quid.

Or has that silly phase finally passed?

Associate
Time for me to take another break from this game, did all the missions for the operation, but MM is just not worth playing. Obvious cheaters in every other match and this has been going on for months.

Even finding the same in the last 4 FaceIt premium matches i've played, hopeully faceit are quicker to look into reports and ban.

Soldato
I prefer organised 5 v 5 games over mm. we do those on discord every tuesday at a higher rank and less commonly all ranks over various other discords.

Cases are worth collecting and keeping I always keep them but its a lottery ticket. The basic answer is its cheaper to buy the item wanted outright. Probability can be equated to price or value of opportunity and the price is always cheaper on market, Valve has themselves the golden goose on that one and thats why the game and most content is free.

I got the awp and 5-7 from the broken fang collection, should all go up year to year as the operation closes out

Vid from a player off discord, way better then me but I added them in a silver game originally:

Associate
It's a very hard game to get into now, people have put lots of in hours, lots of map knowledge. Nightmare to start vs that and there are many many cheaters.
I'm GE and faceit lvl 8. I've been playing CS since 1999 and starting to get old, reflexes are not as good and I'm just not as good a shot anymore.
I have had to adjust my role as a CS player, I cannot compete on pure aim on faceit, (MM im ok). I have to use my game knowledge/sense and play a supporting role.
It is possible to solo up the ranks I almost play exclusively solo. You have to remember to play as a team, don't a position alone even if you think your team mate is making the wrong move it is better to play together than be killed one by one. Buy and save as a team
Learn some basic smokes and flashes and get your crosshair placement good. There are plenty of youtube videos on these topics. Understand what damage what a gun does and the more effective ways to use them is also a good skill to have.

I haven't opened a case in about 8 years, imo they are not worth it. if the case you have a worth 3p keep them and wait for your stock to rise. if you get a new case at the start of a operation sell it, put that £2 to a skin you like the look of.
last tip is to not play angry, sometimes its just not day.

Back
Top Bottom