Would this be possible?

Associate
I was considering a ps5 or xbox series x but wondered would a half decent gaming pc be an option for the same sort of money?

Roughly £550 max spend, looking to run the likes of warzone, recent cods, some mmos.

With the specs recommended what sort of performance should I expect whilst running these types of games?

Thanks.

Soldato
For £550 max spend, you cannot buy a PC that's fast enough to compete.

PC gaming and console gaming are for different markets. It's not like Playstation vs Xbox. Some PC gamers have specific needs that a console cannot do. If a console does do everything you need however, then get a console.

Soldato
A ps5 level GPU is almost £500 on its own and the 8 core zen 2 CPU which are in the ps5 and Xbox costs around £250~300.

Last edited:
Soldato
What MMO's are you looking at?

I generally agree that a console is better for that sort of money, but some games are just better on PC, and MMO's are often in that category alongside strategy titles and a couple of others.

Associate
OP
What MMO's are you looking at?

I generally agree that a console is better for that sort of money, but some games are just better on PC, and MMO's are often in that category alongside strategy titles and a couple of others.

Warcraft & eso.

What would I need to spend to get a machine to be on par with the next gen consoles?

Associate
And if you don't mind sacrificing some resolution to say 1440p or high FPS 1080p then you could probably bring it in at around £800-1000. It'd still look and run great.

Associate
OP
What's this like compared to the ps5?

Icore i5 9400f 2.9ghz
16gb hyperx ddr4 2666mhz
240ssd 2tb hhd
Geforce gtx 1660ti

Its a pre build I've seen, just wondering how it would compare?

Soldato
Associate

This isn't a bad shout, though I'd spend some extra money on a decent power supply as the Corsair CV's are really poor quality and if you can wait then you could probably pick up the 3060ti early next year which would be cheaper and offer around the same if not slightly more performance if the leaks are to be believed, I'd also consider a lower spec SSD as in real terms the gains in gaming at the moment are minimal. You could always upgrade down the line.

Soldato
This isn't a bad shout, though I'd spend some extra money on a decent power supply as the Corsair CV's are really poor quality and if you can wait then you could probably pick up the 3060ti early next year which would be cheaper and offer around the same if not slightly more performance if the leaks are to be believed, I'd also consider a lower spec SSD as in real terms the gains in gaming at the moment are minimal. You could always upgrade down the line.
It was more for just a comparison vs the ps5 so thats why I chucked in a gen 4.0 SSD as thats what the PS5 uses.

Back
Top Bottom