NR200 Owner's Thread

Associate
Just installed the 6800 it in my main PC, Turn on power just some deep beeps no picture.
spent 40 mins, even reset bios, try 2 PCI-E power cables that come with the Corsair SF750W Plat
& nothing beeps that it no picture on boot.
found out its the Coolermasters Riser cable to mount the card vertically that's not compatible with AMD Radeon 6800
card Works ok in normal horizontal on my other PC

Associate
So @Darren_uk I recall Optimum Tech on YT talking about this. He was saying that the Riser cable is PCIe3 vs the GPU which is PCIe4. He had to go into the BIO and change the port to read as pcie3 instead of pcie4.

https://youtu.be/9xFaCVOFST0?t=221

Managed to scoop up a 5600x and it should arrive next week to finish my 'new' rig. Will post pics when I do.

Also found a NR200 in white locally on the classifieds for $40usd...may pick it up just for the heck of it even though I do not need it.

Soldato
OP
Big Shuriken 3 arrived and is installed. This thing is excellent! The fan is near silent below 1,000 RPM, and still quiet up to 1,500 RPM. It looks great. And RAM is completely unobstructed.

Haven't done any benchmarking yet as my game drive failed. Currently redownloading everything. So I had a play with the vertical GPU layout instead. Needless to say, this isn't a great layout, thermally :p But with a couple of fans on the bottom I reckon it could work. Won't be as quiet as the standard layout. But it unlocks a lot of space for drives.

Soldato
Big Shuriken 3 arrived and is installed. This thing is excellent! The fan is near silent below 1,000 RPM, and still quiet up to 1,500 RPM. It looks great. And RAM is completely unobstructed.

Haven't done any benchmarking yet as my game drive failed. Currently redownloading everything. So I had a play with the vertical GPU layout instead. Needless to say, this isn't a great layout, thermally :p But with a couple of fans on the bottom I reckon it could work. Won't be as quiet as the standard layout. But it unlocks a lot of space for drives.

Good little cooler aren't they, even better with a full size fan

Definitely a keeper this one won't be messing around with CPU coolers anymore really happy with it

Soldato
That worked, setting to 3.0 in bios before swapping the GPU out
This is a first for me AMD REF Card with 0db no fans spinning

That must be son weird not seeing the fans spin, ill be checking the temps all the time for the first few months.
Awesome looking build, love seeing the changes you keep making to it.

Soldato
what fan would you recommend to put on there for someone who plans on using the vented panel, i know you like the p12's.

Yeah no reason not to use the P12's unless you want RGB

Still get that annoying resonating noise around 800-1100 rpm but I think that's from the ceiling fans hanging down maybe it's the case, the cooler fan is whisper quiet and barely audible at full pelt

Soldato
OP
Would a Asus Rog Strix 3070 fit in the NR200?

Yeah. No bother. Max clearances are 330mm x 156mm x 60mm. That card is 319mm x 140mm x 58mm.

Nice thing about the NR200 is the bottom panel and rail are easily removed too. So while that card could be a PITA to install in some SFF cases (the few that have clearance), it shouldn't be a problem here. Just disassemble that part of the case, install the card, and reassemble.

Soldato
Yeah. No bother. Max clearances are 330mm x 156mm x 60mm. That card is 319mm x 140mm x 58mm.

Nice thing about the NR200 is the bottom panel and rail are easily removed too. So while that card could be a PITA to install in some SFF cases (the few that have clearance), it shouldn't be a problem here. Just disassemble that part of the case, install the card, and reassemble.

Yeah just saw a video on that lovely. Cheers mate

Associate
Hello, I'm about to do my first build and I was wondering if everything would fit, mainly the PSU, if I'd get the official 3d atx bracket for the NR200. Here's my planned parts list:
1. 5900x
2. TUF 3080
3. Fuma 2
4. Seasonic Prime 1300w Platinum - 170 mm (L) x 150 mm (W) x 86 mm (H)
5. NR200 (I'm going for the mesh side)

Soldato
I would just get an SFX psu which is what the case is designed for and 750w is enough for that system.

One retailer has a Corsair SF750 pre order with an ETA of 8th December. It’s likely others who don’t take preorders will get stock around that time too.

1300w is overkill and the PSU you listed doesn’t doesn’t actually fit with a long GPU like a 3080. You lose a fan slot with an ATX psu and you’ll not get 25mm fans below the GPU. So you’ll just be left with two on the side and one on the top.

Associate
I would just get an SFX psu which is what the case is designed for and 750w is enough for that system.

One retailer has a Corsair SF750 pre order with an ETA of 8th December. It’s likely others who don’t take preorders will get stock around that time too.

1300w is overkill and the PSU you listed doesn’t doesn’t actually fit with a long GPU like a 3080. You lose a fan slot with an ATX psu and you’ll not get 25mm fans below the GPU. So you’ll just be left with two on the side and one on the top.

Unfortunately SFX power supplies are extremely hard to obtain in my country (Philippines), the only available ones here are:
1. Silverstone SX700-G ($170)
2. Seasonic SGX 650w ($160)
3. FSP Dagger Pro 650w ($120)
I really really want the SF 750w and have been calling and offering down payments to multiple stores but they wouldn't take it as they weren't sure of the supply.
I'm also looking into the new Cooler Master ones but it'll probably arrive here in 2021.

Do Power Supplies have a high failure rate? Should I risk importing an SF750 without a warranty? Granted that I could have it refunded just in case it comes DoA.

Associate
@Eel8

What he said. Get yourself an SFX PSU and save yourself a whole lot of compatibility issues and build difficulty.

SFX PSUs are fantastic performers. I have the Corsair SF750 and can't say I have ever heard its fan ramp up due to it being so efficient and cool.

For a 5900X and a 3080 GPU, you want as much cooling in the case as possible. The ATX PSU will block air going from bottom to top, and the loss of an exhaust fan will also be a blow.

Associate
Im dying internally, I have landed both 5800x and 6800xt sitting next to my NR200p and the rest of components. And I can't find any SFX PSU 650W or higher anywhere in Europe. Its so frustrating, never have thought that PSU instead of cpu/gpu will stop me from building my pc. FML

Back
Top Bottom