The Crown Netflix

Soldato
Trying not to read too many spoilers ....
LOL - maybe it was a sarcastic comment - there have been several BBC documentary series with the facts, on again recently

In the r4 news this morning - I liked the the royals acquantaines netflix accusation Trolling on a hollywood budget.
but I guess the American audience doesn't care/know, of fictional element and invented scenes.

Man of Honour
Watching this in German with English subtitles - the Mrs has been hooked on this for a while (like many foreigners she's obsessed with the royal family)

This is the first series I'm watched, loving the Thatcher storyline.

Soldato
LOL - watched gogglebox lastnight because they were reviewing the crown, it contained enough excerpts, for anyone to make their mind up,

as they all commented - cringeworthy, like a parody, worse than the Windsors, if it makes money for netflix in usa good for them.

so, that wouldn't pursuade me a netflix contract was interesting.

Soldato
LOL - watched gogglebox lastnight because they were reviewing the crown, it contained enough excerpts, for anyone to make their mind up,

as they all commented - cringeworthy, like a parody, worse than the Windsors, if it makes money for netflix in usa good for them.

so, that wouldn't pursuade me a netflix contract was interesting.

If you watch the likes of Gogglebox then the Crown is probably not for you.

Soldato
Finally finished S4 last night, Step up in general from S3 and the casting for Diana and Gillian Anderson as Thatcher were great casting choices, Olivia Colman felt more comfortable this season. The Charles treatment of Diana was hard to watch at times and The Queen giving him a verbal lashing towards the end of the season was well worth the wait.

Shame we won't get the same cast again for S5.

Soldato
I hope Charles wasn't quite such an insufferable ***** in real life.

I very much agree with that. You saw how he seemed to suffer being a Son to the Queen, very little expressed emotions or "comfort" as, at times, he clearly needed. Di even got the drop on him when he had prepared a "speech" to deliver to his Mum and Di announced her commitment to make their doomed marriage work...!

Glad that this is extended to six seasons now, altho there has been so much happening of late with Harry, Meghan and Andrew supplying enough material for a few more seasons..! Would have been interesting to have seen how the Epstein era played out.

Soldato
"We have always presented The Crown as a drama - and we have every confidence our members understand it's a work of fiction that's broadly based on historical events. As a result we have no plans - and see no need - to add a disclaimer," a Netflix spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter.

broadly - is that like a substantial meal.

Soldato
Next - The insatiable desire of the American public for sexed up UK period dramas ... downton abbey super-sized (from media show review)

What's Bridgerton about?
Bridgerton follows Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor), the eldest daughter of the powerful Bridgerton family as she makes her debut onto Regency London’s competitive marriage market. Hoping to follow in her parent’s footsteps and find a match sparked by true love, Daphne’s prospects initially seem to be unrivalled.

Back
Top Bottom