• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Hello everyone. I purchased an external SSD (Crucial X8 1TB) to play my PS4 games from. Upon removing it from the PS4 after transferring my games, it was all but too hot to hold. Even after just 5 minutes of playing a game off of it on the PS5, it's already on the edge of being too hot to hold.

Is this normal for an external SSD? Will it be safe for the Playstation to be used for quite possibly 12+ hours without pause? I'm concerned it's going to damage something or even possibly start a fire.

Associate
Hello everyone. I purchased an external SSD (Crucial X8 1TB) to play my PS4 games from. Upon removing it from the PS4 after transferring my games, it was all but too hot to hold. Even after just 5 minutes of playing a game off of it on the PS5, it's already on the edge of being too hot to hold.

Is this normal for an external SSD? Will it be safe for the Playstation to be used for quite possibly 12+ hours without pause? I'm concerned it's going to damage something or even possibly start a fire.

Every external SSD I have used in the past only get slightly warm, like lukewarm water to touch.

Soldato
I haven't had any crashes yet, or any other issues really. Been playing days gone most of the day. Played an hour or so on Destiny 2 before that.

Having said that - one thing I haven't done since getting the PS5 is play a game directly off of the external HDD.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
My tv has started doing what the ps4 pro used to do. It will randomly flash white, the pro also used to black screen for a second or so as well. Maybe it's a sign to get an oled

My PS4 Pro would do that but only when plugged in via the PSVR passthrough box.

Caporegime
I’m finding MM smooth as butter even on the fidelity setting. Goes to show that if the hardwares powerful enough to lock at 30fps without any drops to 20fps or so, then the experience is still very good. That’s been the problems of the past consoles imo, not having that solid 30fps lock.

Soldato
I was playing detroit and for some reason my demons souls disc started spinning up for no reason. Has anyone else come across this? I can't see any reason why the disc needed to be read.

Soldato
I was playing detroit and for some reason my demons souls disc started spinning up for no reason. Has anyone else come across this? I can't see any reason why the disc needed to be read.

Yeah seems normal, not sure why it does it but it does.

One nice little touch I noticed while playing Sackboy with the Mrs was the little white leds just under the touch pad, one lit up for player one and two lit up on player two pad.

Soldato
My pad ran out of juice today. Its lasted around about 10hrs with breaks to eat lunch/dinner etc. I dont think that is too bad at all.
That's the beauty of the charging station, haven't seen anything less than 1 bar of battery depleted on mine, when not in use it sits on the charger.
Any one know if it's safe to turn on rest mode yet?
I've been using it from the start, I have been quitting Spiderman before putting it into rest mode though.

Back
Top Bottom