• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Mine has always been in rest mode when I’ve not been using it. No problems yet but I never leave any games running and I don’t have a USB drive plugged in either.

Associate
I was playing detroit and for some reason my demons souls disc started spinning up for no reason. Has anyone else come across this? I can't see any reason why the disc needed to be read.
Mine did this when I was using the Sky Go app watching the liverpool game. I thought it was abit odd to do that.

Associate
Anyone having any problems with the controller? I can navigate the main PS5 menu and everything is fine, but as soon as I'm in a game, the controller will not respond. For instance any time I get to an artifact in astros playroom all buttons go unresponsive again.

Soldato
Cheers guys, tempted to turn it back on but can see myself forgetting to quit the game first, then brick the drive
I've been using it and taking no precautions like turning off games before shutting down. No issues.

If the console bricks itself then I'll plug the PS4 back in and Currys can give me a new one when they get it.

Soldato
Found my downside to ps5 pads, battery life sucks ass!

I've had to charge it 3 times since owning it, now I wouldn't mind this if I have had tons of time on it but I haven't

I don't recall having to charge my PS4 pads this much

Man of Honour
Found my downside to ps5 pads, battery life sucks ass!

I've had to charge it 3 times since owning it, now I wouldn't mind this if I have had tons of time on it but I haven't

I don't recall having to charge my PS4 pads this much

Playing Spider-Man MM, I was able to 100% it on near enough a single charge which is really good, yet playing Astro, I had to charge it twice it to finish it and get all the artifiacts/puzzle pieces, just because of the sheer amount of stuff your controller is doing in that game. So I guess it depends on the game and how much it utilises the controller tech

Soldato
I've had a USB drive in the back since I got it.
Played quite a few hours of Cold War, Astro and Modern Warfare.

I have hear a low pitch hum of the fan, and a bit of coil whine which is fine.

Not crashed once - No rebuilds or anything. Though, when going into rest mode I ALWAYS close any games or apps running. :)

Associate
First couple of crashes last night. Happened whilst playing Dirt 5 - just brought be back to main screen each time, but second occurrence corrupted my Dirt 5 save data. Lost quite a bit of progress after it reinstated an older save backup, which is annoying but not a huge problem. Assume this is just game bugs that will get patched.

Associate
Which community are people using to get real time insights on stock availability? Obviously stock informer as a platform. Otherwise I'm regularly visiting the 40,000+ comment thread on HUKD which is becoming tiresome and frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom