Plasterer/decorator costs

Soldato
So we finally decided to remove the old crappy wallpaper from our hallway (only on one wall) and make it a feature wall. Getting towards the end of stripping the old crap off I've come across a bodged plaster fix job meaning the entire wall is going to need reskimming. Wallpaper stripping/painting is about as far as my decorating goes so now I want to get a professional in.

Never needed one before so no idea what I should be looking at cost wise to skim/paint 1 12.5m^2 wall. Anyone any idea on price or even better recommended tradies in notts area?

Soldato
We're just about to pay £400 for hallway, stairs and landing, including ceilings, to be skimmed. It's probably about 40m2 when taking into account ceilings. Were also having a box room done which is about 18m2 including the ceiling and that's cost £230.

Most plasterers seem to quote on a day rate rather than size so it's probably more about how long it will take than size.

Associate
2.5m x 3.5m room done on Saturday. Labour only was £220 for 2 guys (father and son) who did it in 6 hours total. That’s in Lincolnshire. They are one of the cheaper around here and it isn’t perfect so a little sanding may be needed but others can be a lot more and I don’t mind a little sanding.

Soldato
2.5m x 3.5m room done on Saturday. Labour only was £220 for 2 guys (father and son) who did it in 6 hours total. That’s in Lincolnshire. They are one of the cheaper around here and it isn’t perfect so a little sanding may be needed but others can be a lot more and I don’t mind a little sanding.
I was under the impression you can't sand plaster.
I'd be unhappy paying for it to not be perfect, I do mine myself and is say it's 99% perfect, only downside is it takes me longer.

Associate
By not perfect I do mean it is at near 99%. I have to remove the odd tiny little nub mark etc. Most of them actually just drop off when brushed rather than sanded but I use a flat block and just give it a once over before painting. Seems to get off any rougher texture or little nubs. Takes like 10 mins for that room the day after he was here.

Back
Top Bottom