• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
No mention of the game or geforce now, but I'm ok with that.

Ah well thanks for the tip as ordered now with delivery in 3-10 days! £90 more than my Eagle order but get it without months more waiting and is a better card based on all the reviews even before the Eagles connector issues. Thanks for the tip as did wonder why I could never see these cards after stock alerts!

Still so weird that they have stock on Business but not consumer when selling at the same price!

Associate
Ah well thanks for the tip as ordered now with delivery in 3-10 days! £90 more than my Eagle order but get it without months more waiting and is a better card based on all the reviews even before the Eagles connector issues. Thanks for the tip as did wonder why I could never see these cards after stock alerts!

Still so weird that they have stock on Business but not consumer when selling at the same price!

nice one :) It was £30 less than my gaming x trio so I'm happy with that.

Associate
Great, lets hope we're all back here in 3 - 10 days cancelling our orders :)

currently have an msi 1070 gaming x 8G, I have an msi 3070 ventus x2 pre ordered, however I was a bit concerned about the 8gb of vram, compared to the exact same 8gb on my current card. even if I turn up settings in rdr2 it says I reach my VRAM limit. I may just wait for a few months for the TI models which may have more VRAM. any ideas on a 3070 TI having 10gb of vram?

Associate
I just picked up a Tuf OC from a competitor for £750. 3-10 days delivery. They might still have some if you check now as they had 10 when I bought - you need a business account though, and a stomach for spicy food. GL

The Tuf OC wasn't my first choice, but everything I've read suggests its a good card, so I'm happy...providing it actually arrives - it all seemed too easy! I'll keep my pre-order here until I have it in my hands.

Thank you :D

Odd that it seems to have different stock allocation. Hopefully the stock count is up to date.

Associate
Basically they took far more pre-orders than they could fill in a reasonable time period, jacked up prices while still taking orders and have been terrible at communicating to the customers who have waited months for their cards. This is exacerbated by conflicting information coming from the AIB's to what OCUK has communicated at times.
Add in the cards AIB's claimed to have sent OC and those cards never getting sent to customers.

Associate
Add in the cards AIB's claimed to have sent OC and those cards never getting sent to customers.

Yes, the fact that a majority of cards that OC have received have gone out of the back door says it all really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=524CYohZxfA&ab_channel=KitGuruTech

It says in that video that they have 25 building PCs full time, and that was a couple of years ago so will be more now as they have had significant growth in that time. Obviously they couldn't have these guys sitting around idle for the past 2 months. There is next to no OEM stock by the way! Probably getting through quite a few 3080s here but what happened to the rest of them? I would presume that they are being sold elsewhere at a good price.

They were getting hundreds per week, but releasing 40,50,60 to the queues. And all that time, making out that they were receiving a tiny fraction of the cards that competitors were. Shifting all the blame onto AIBs. Hiding behind any excuse that they could. Even after gigabyte told us, they said nothing and continued to backdoor the cards as they still are.

Horrible company.

Associate
Thank you :D

Odd that it seems to have different stock allocation. Hopefully the stock count is up to date.
Doubt it. But i've gone in anyway. So thats GBP 1500 i've got tied up in bogus GPU orders now haha.

Thanks to the OP anyway :)

My mate tried to get a Series X from the same place, order went through and then was cancelled later.

Associate
Doubt it. But i've gone in anyway. So thats GBP 1500 i've got tied up in bogus GPU orders now haha.

Thanks to the OP anyway :)

My mate tried to get a Series X from the same place, order went through and then was cancelled later.

That was a probably bit different if it was like the PS5 as they got hit with like 100k people at once which is far far far more than ever were looking at 3080's. Kinda crazy the numbers they were throwing around for the console launches!

Associate
Well I finally got my refund for the 6800xt through this morning, just waiting on the 3080 to be refunded, managed to get a 3070 instead, not ideal but this chaos is gonna go on into next year and I can't be bothered with it, wasting too much energy looking for these unicorns.

Back
Top Bottom