Black Friday deals

Soldato
I’ve never understood it but the USB enclosures are cheaper. I’d be happy with either really. I have enclosures. If they popped up more around the £120 mark I might buy four for a NAS and shuck them.

It's been like that for quite a few years, hence the shucking craze. Who knows if internal drives will ever see price parity again.

Don
Last edited:
Soldato
Just bought an Amazon fire tablet 7 for kids for £55. It was reduced from £99.

It's for my soon to be 3 year old nephew. :)

Hmm wonder why the kids version is quite a bit more expensive than the non-kids - which is currently going for £35. Hardware-wise they look the same, just that the kids version has a massive bumper case.

Caporegime
Hmm wonder why the kids version is quite a bit more expensive than the non-kids - which is currently going for £35. Hardware-wise they look the same, just that the kids version has a massive bumper case.

Theyll replace the kids one if damaged. Also comes without ads and ewih a years Amazon Kids subscription.

Associate

and the guarantee it will be replaced if damaged. Dunno if that's really worth it

Caporegime
see so many black Friday adverts in online newspapers saying "Save XXX" but don't actually list the price lol...

I'm convinced black friday deals are for people who want a bargain so desperately they will buy something they don't need just because they think they are saving money by spending money..

good luck with your deals, I'm out, seems to be just a big money maker for the last few years.

Soldato
Ah so it's a bit like an insurance policy. I imagine there's limitations on how many replacements you can get, or some sort of excess?
My daughters has been replaced twice so far with no complaints at all. The replacements are refurbished, but nothing to distinguish them from brand new. And, as a bonus, the last one they sent is a newer version with a USB C charger connection (this is welcome, because both breakages were the charger connection failing).

Back
Top Bottom