• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Which community are people using to get real time insights on stock availability? Obviously stock informer as a platform. Otherwise I'm regularly visiting the 40,000+ comment thread on HUKD which is becoming tiresome and frustrating.

It's all a bit pointless atm anyway, the next big shipment to all the major retailers is meant to be around December 10th.

Soldato
Found my downside to ps5 pads, battery life sucks ass!

I've had to charge it 3 times since owning it, now I wouldn't mind this if I have had tons of time on it but I haven't

I don't recall having to charge my PS4 pads this much
You must have a dud controller. As the battery life on mine is brilliant. Played a 8 hour session of Spider-Man on Saturday, and my pad still had juice left in it.

Soldato
Do you need to have the Spiderman MM disc in the drive to play the remastered one if you purchase the remastered one for the extra £20 on PSN? Just wondering as I might rent MM and then upgrade it to the SM Remaster, but if I return the rental, I wouldn't mind still being able to play the original remastered! :)

Edit: I need to upgrade my Google-fu. Apparently you can play it without the disc after upgrading/getting the remaster. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
You must have a dud controller. As the battery life on mine is brilliant. Played a 8 hour session of Spider-Man on Saturday, and my pad still had juice left in it.

Yeah, I'm getting about 10-12 hours of gaming before the low battery warning. That's playing Spider-Man. I'd imagine if you're only playing CoD and the rumble motors are going non-stop because of guns, you'd have less battery life.

Soldato
Do you need to have the Spiderman MM disc in the drive to play the remastered one if you purchase the remastered one for the extra £20 on PSN? Just wondering as I might rent MM and then upgrade it to the SM Remaster, but if I return the rental, I wouldn't mind still being able to play the original remastered! :)

I need to upgrade my Google-fu. Apparently you can play it without the disc after upgrading/getting the remaster. :)
I think the remastered game you get is a digital copy, so no - no disc required. It's a standalone game.

Associate
For those of us who didnt pre order a PS5 (I didnt want one, but now do, for GF's house) where should I "pre"-order one NOW?
Where would my best bet be, if I wanted to order in a queue?

Id order on amazon, love amazon, but there is no queue to be joined. Just an out of stock message.
To save refreshing pages for weeks on end, which are the best sites to place an order in advance of stock returning, with?

Associate
For those of us who didnt pre order a PS5 (I didnt want one, but now do, for GF's house) where should I "pre"-order one NOW?
Where would my best bet be, if I wanted to order in a queue?

Id order on amazon, love amazon, but there is no queue to be joined. Just an out of stock message.
To save refreshing pages for weeks on end, which are the best sites to place an order in advance of stock returning, with?

Get the stock informer discord link would be a good shout.

Soldato
Mile Morales is so good! Might even try and plat it.

The battery life on the controller is fine for me, not as good as the xbox controllers battery but the batteries have never been as good on the playstation controllers.

Bummed I wasn't able to transfer PT so that's gone for good. Oh well.

Using rest mode with no issues.

Associate
Interesting. Potentially useful page. But to save refreshing there, even, where can one just place an order and forget about it, till stock does arrive. (Who is the best bet for that)?

No need to refresh they send you push notifications when stock available. Don't think there's anywhere you can be put on a list unless you have a nice local store that will put you on a list for there's.

Most sites just do email alerts.

Soldato
I wasn't aware there was an issue :D

Mine's been in rest mode since Thursday when I'm not playing it and it's been fine

What is the supposed issue?
Been a few reports where people have played MM, turned off the PS5 using rest mode, then later come back and rest mode has crashed with a message about the HD being corrupt and bricking the entire system where only a replacement can fix it.

Associate
No need to refresh they send you push notifications when stock available. Don't think there's anywhere you can be put on a list unless you have a nice local store that will put you on a list for there's.

Most sites just do email alerts.
I wanted to place an order, so stock was shipped when it became available. And then forget about it. whimper. snivel. sob. lol

Man of Honour
Been a few reports where people have played MM, turned off the PS5 using rest mode, then later come back and rest mode has crashed with a message about the HD being corrupt and bricking the entire system where only a replacement can fix it.

Sounds like I’ve been lucky. Played MM for about 10 hours with lots of rest mode breaks in between with no issue. Will stop doing that for now then

Associate
Has anyone managed to transfer their PS4 Spider-Man save to the remaster? I get a random network error message when trying to download the save in the remaster's menu.

Back
Top Bottom