• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The fastest way to order is through Amazon pay. Literally 1 click away after tapping checkout as long u disable security measures on your Amazon account (temporary?)
The less clicks the payment method requires more likely you can go through to the payment accepted when site is down 9/10 refreshes.
Got 5900x and 6800xt here this way both delivered in under 2 days from release date

So all I need to do is select amazon pay at checkout and its already done because its linked to my amazon prime account? if so i'll do that thanks.

Soldato
It's safe to say there is no disagreement the 3080 is faster at 4k, right now. I do wonder about console ports, but by the time the 6800XT is ragging the 3080 along console ports it might be due for a new GPU upgrade.

It doesn't matter if it's native 4k or non 4k, the importance is the image quality, if you run a game at lower resolution than your TV's native one, it become blury, sometimes colors don't show correctly and blacks turn to greys, so if you are running the game at native resolutions whilst using DLSS which is upscaling lower res to the native res, and the IQ is the same, then it's great. And we know DLSS vs Native 4k the difference is no negligible, depending on the game and how they've implemented it of course.

Associate
https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Rade...nchmark-Release-Review-vs-RTX-3080-1361423/3/

6800xt vs 3080 @ 1440p

Anno 1800
Battlefield 5
Black Mesa
Borderlands 3
Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Control
Death Stranding
Desperados 3
Detroit: Become Human
Doom Eternal

F1 2020
Forza Horizon 4
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Greedfall

Metro Exodus
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 3 (2020)
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

The Witcher 3
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Soldato
why would one invest so much effort and time cherry picking stuff like are nvidia paying you ? :eek: lets be real Nvidia have been overcharging for years with no competition look at the 20 series ? this is only good for us all give credits where its due , I aint in either camp still deciding where to go ;)

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
I wonder if this can be carried on in future games ? this being one of the newer games

remember if the 3080 falls behind on anything you need to play the game of bingo:

1. The game has definately something "up with it"
2. Easy to fix driver issue
3. The game is cherry picked
4. The RT implementation was crap anyways

But remember, these excuses cannot be used the other way around. You can also not discuss:

1. That the 3080 is more expensive
2. The 3080 draws more power and therefore dumps more heat

This is the way of the crazy on this thread.

Soldato
1080 fps 3080 average lead 6fps

1440p fps 3080 average lead 5fps

Games

More 1440p benchmarks GeForce RTX 3080 FE vs 6800xt

Dirt 5

Watch Dogs Legion

Horizon Zero Dawn

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Red Dead Redemption 2

Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Gears 5

Control

Wolfenstein Youngblood

The Division 2

Metro Exodus

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

At 4k all but Dirt 5 the 3080 is ahead of the 6800xt.

Source https://www.thefpsreview.com/2020/11/18/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt-and-radeon-rx-6800-review/3/
#

So as said by many before, if you game at 4K, go for the 3080.

I can't imagine TBH buying one of these newer more expensive cards for 1080p/1440p over last gens excellent second hand cards.

Soldato
I can't imagine TBH buying one of these newer more expensive cards for 1080p/1440p over last gens excellent second hand cards.
Depends on whether you have a high refresh rate monitor or not. A 2080 Ti won't cut it for 1440p/144Hz+ if you'd like a near-locked experience with no compromise. Whereas these new cards post numbers above 144fps on average at 1440p in almost every game. Plus there's the fact that previous-gen cards aren't exactly going cheap anyway. People are generally asking way too much for them due to the current stock situation with the new ones.

Soldato
remember if the 3080 falls behind on anything you need to play the game of bingo:

1. The game has definately something "up with it"
2. Easy to fix driver issue
3. The game is cherry picked
4. The RT implementation was crap anyways

But remember, these excuses cannot be used the other way around. You can also not discuss:

1. That the 3080 is more expensive
2. The 3080 draws more power and therefore dumps more heat

This is the way of the crazy on this thread.

HEY! Not fair! We have to use a nvidia fan specified set of parameters that will move as they're beaten in order to judge it. Same deal as Intel was. It is the way.

Soldato
Depends on whether you have a high refresh rate monitor or not. A 2080 Ti won't cut it for 1440p/144Hz+ if you'd like a near-locked experience with no compromise. Whereas these new cards post numbers above 144fps on average at 1440p in almost every game. Plus there's the fact that previous-gen cards aren't exactly going cheap anyway. People are generally asking way too much for them due to the current stock situation with the new ones.

Yeah. I mean I like gaming at a high refresh rate but I don't think its worth £600 to £700. I'm happy to cruise about at 80-120fps with VRR enabled like Gsync/Freesync rather than pay £700-1000 just to be at a constant 144hz or 240hz.

Associate
why would one invest so much effort and time cherry picking stuff like are nvidia paying you ? :eek: lets be real Nvidia have been overcharging for years with no competition look at the 20 series ? this is only good for us all give credits where its due , I aint in either camp still deciding where to go ;)
To be fair to him, it is helping me to decide which card to pick. Think I'll go for a 6800XT as they're close enough performance wise and I'm getting fed up with Nvidia fanboys/sponsored posts coming into an AMD thread and posting non-stop Nvidia propaganda. I can read reviews and make my mind up without the need for someone to try and shove it down my throat every 10 minutes.

Associate
You all could have played Cyberpunk with RT and DLSS. But you had to have the biiiiiiiiig navi.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom