• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Associate
100% This
100000000% this
I saw the sapphire 6800 available with 10+ stock bought it - call OCUK to check, only to be told they sold out and they won't be getting any more of these in, so I cancelled.
It's kind of hard to believe that there would be no new reference cards but you take the information as gospel.
Now i see there is more coming on the 25th.
WTF im am trying to give you money for a product.
Do your best and not give out BS.
Its annoying and frustrating.

One benefit I get to chase a Aftermarket card. lol

Associate
The whole vote with your wallet thing doesn't work with the amount of people atm willing to buy regardless.

It may not work for you, but it works for those people who put a higher value on the product than you and are willing to spend more. Not everyone values graphics cards the same, my brother still thinks his GTX 970 is fine at 4k for example (and maybe it is for what he uses it for).

Some people may use the cards as a means of creating content to bring in income, and are willing to spend more to get what they need. You simply don't value the product as highly, or do not possess the means currently.

But voting with your wallet has actually worked for you, you haven't exchanged any money for a product that you feel is overpriced so you still have your money. The total demand at it's current price for the product is less than at a lower price. Unfortunately (for you) the supply does not meet demand at the prices OCUK are charging. Supply will eventually go up, and the high payers will have all bought at that price, at which point the price will drop to the one you are willing to pay.

It only works if everyone does the same, vote with your wallet is just an illusion people tell themselves to make them selves feel better about it. regulation works perfectly fine in other sectors and could work for example supermarkets and could work fine with computer hardware sales too. not sure where you get the ideal that regulation wouldnt work from - never worked in history? it works every time. maybe for example you should go take a read of the sales of goods act for example and come back.

Regulation works perfectly? Regulation works every time? Just type in "Failed regulation" into DuckDuckGo and you'll have plenty of examples of government incompetence. Some regulations work fine, a great many more do not.

But I specifically said price fixing (which is the regulation you want) has never worked in history. It cannot work, because bureaucrats cannot possibly price a good correctly as there is no such thing as a correct price - only a price people are willing to pay, which differs from person to person. Companies take a guess at what price their product will sell at, and if they get it wrong the don't sell, they lose money, and are forced to sell at a lower price. But what if the government doesn't let them sell at a price that makes profit? Then the item never gets made at all and we all lose out!

Jesus, the thought of the idiots in Whitehall telling us what the price of a Radeon 6800XT should be is both hilarious and terrifying at the same time (you wouldn't put it past them to try...).

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
100% agreed.

@Gibbo ?
I've answered this numerous times in this thread. With all the best will in the world, there's no way for us to realistically achieve this.
* We can't automate it so that the orders can be done online,
* We don't have the man power to manually process, potentially, around 700 orders,
* We can't give you the ability to pre-order, or indeed, even offer general information about, the cards before the NDA time.

Associate
It may not work for you, but it works for those people who put a higher value on the product than you and are willing to spend more. Not everyone values graphics cards the same, my brother still thinks his GTX 970 is fine at 4k for example (and maybe it is for what he uses it for).

Some people may use the cards as a means of creating content to bring in income, and are willing to spend more to get what they need. You simply don't value the product as highly, or do not possess the means currently.

But voting with your wallet has actually worked for you, you haven't exchanged any money for a product that you feel is overpriced so you still have your money. The total demand at it's current price for the product is less than at a lower price. Unfortunately (for you) the supply does not meet demand at the prices OCUK are charging. Supply will eventually go up, and the high payers will have all bought at that price, at which point the price will drop to the one you are willing to pay.

Regulation works perfectly? Regulation works every time? Just type in "Failed regulation" into DuckDuckGo and you'll have plenty of examples of government incompetence. Some regulations work fine, a great many more do not.

But I specifically said price fixing (which is the regulation you want) has never worked in history. It cannot work, because bureaucrats cannot possibly price a good correctly as there is no such thing as a correct price - only a price people are willing to pay, which differs from person to person. Companies take a guess at what price their product will sell at, and if they get it wrong the don't sell, they lose money, and are forced to sell at a lower price. But what if the government doesn't let them sell at a price that makes profit? Then the item never gets made at all and we all lose out!

Jesus, the thought of the idiots in Whitehall telling us what the price of a Radeon 6800XT should be is both hilarious and terrifying at the same time (you wouldn't put it past them to try...).

it doesn't work if someone else steps in line to buy one, we shall have to agree to disagree on this. i understand all of what you are saying but i don't agree with you especially when bots are now buying stuff to for resale.

i think your are misunderstanding the point, the point is not to tell us what price x product should be , but regulation to stop false/artificial inflation which can always only be a bad thing, please show me examples of where this has not worked before? pretty sure you wont fine any. take a look at any regulated industry and i think you will find they regulate it quite well actually.

Associate
I've answered this numerous times in this thread. With all the best will in the world, there's no way for us to realistically achieve this.
* We can't automate it so that the orders can be done online,
* We don't have the man power to manually process, potentially, around 700 orders,
* We can't give you the ability to pre-order, or indeed, even offer general information about, the cards before the NDA time.

@Gibbo @ScottiB - Thats all well and good but what about buying an item that's in stock, and then being told you that ocuk have run out there will be no more stock (I called in and was told this Thursday/Friday).
Now I find out there is more stock coming on the 25th of reference cards. I cancelled my order because of that golden nugget of BS.
Whats worse is they told me i was 10th which would have meant that come friday i would be sitting with a new card instead of having to hunt.
Oh and Also having to wait for my CC to be refunded.
Its absolutely nuts - i do not envy your job bigman!

Last edited:
Associate
I propose a Missed stock list.
Those who have missed out i.e. made a payment and you have taken money which has taken what 5-7 days to be back in your account.
These guy have been put out the most. These guys should be given an opportunity to get the item they wanted.

For me, now I'm praying for the refund to be quick so that I can have a chance of AIB cards.

Associate
it doesn't work if someone else steps in line to buy one, we shall have to agree to disagree on this. i understand all of what you are saying but i don't agree with you especially when bots are now buying stuff to for resale.

i think your are misunderstanding the point, the point is not to tell us what price x product should be , but regulation to stop false/artificial inflation which can always only be a bad thing, please show me examples of where this has not worked before? pretty sure you wont fine any. take a look at any regulated industry and i think you will find they regulate it quite well actually.

I'm sorry chap but it simply sounds like you have sour grapes that you are not getting a product at the price you want it.

"but regulation to stop false/artificial inflation" - that is what price controls are!

How the hell can anyone say what the price of a product should be unless they are either the buyer or seller? What is false/artificial inflation? Nonsense - OCUK have upped the price to a level you are unhappy with so they can make more profit, that's all (and by the way I agree it's too much for me and is why I'm not buying a 6000 series from here). But if some people are willing to pay the price, then OCUK have every right to charge it.

A brief list of examples of price fixing failing which took me about 15 seconds to search for: https://mises.org/library/four-thousand-years-price-control

Associate
Hello Evrbody, i think i read a post earlier on here stateing the people who missed out launch day may get a link and some clues on the 25th for the Aib launch, i just hope our refunds are done by then so we can have a chance to get a gpu aswell, maybe ocuk could let us know for sure before the launch, good luck evrybody

Associate
Hello, I bought a Ryzen 5 5600X and eagerly awaiting for its arrival in the weeks to come. Meanwhile, I'm looking to pre-order a RX 6800 to go with my build. I am aware they are opening up pre-orders again on the 25th, but does anybody have any idea on exact time? I'll be working on the 25th, and i'd like to tie up my break, at work, with the time these cards are due to be put up on sale so i could hopefully, fingers crossed, land a pre-order slot before they are all taken :) cheers

Associate
As I couldn't face the F5 rat race on Wednesday I sent a speculative email to a company registering my interest in an RX 6800 (non XT) on Sunday evening.

Got a phone call at 1430Hrs today asking if I still wanted one, I answered yes, went on website and paid for it and it is now out for delivery arriving tomorrow 24 Nov 20. Happy days.

Just need my 5600X now, 152 in the queue at OC, to complete the upgrade from an i5 3570k and GTX970.

Associate
hi zachary i have not seen a launch time yet, im going to take the day off on that basis, i hope to get a better draw, perhaps ocuk will give us a rough idea of time, i will scan the interweb for answer in the meantime

Back
Top Bottom