• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Possibly yeah, I quite like it, can see the pros with both approaches. However it might be because I have loads of rechargeable AA's already. :p
I changed from a wireless mouse to a wired mouse because I got fed up with having to change/charge the AA batteries every week or so... :o

Putting the Dualsense it it's charging dock whenever it's not being used is just so much less hassle :D

Associate
Thought I'd give the webchat a go and try and get a tracking number from Currys but it looks like they've disabled the pop up that you start the chat from! I imagine people have just been hammering it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just disagree with whatever reason a near £500 electronic, in the 21st century, needs AA batteries. On a £20 remote controlled toy car, fine.

I'm pro rechargable batteries or a replaceable pack as I've had batteries swell in things like my PSP, makes me worry about my Switch and controllers long term.

Associate
Smyths has Dirt 5 for £34.99 so giving it a go, want to experience 120Hz and I do like an arcade racer.
I got it for £30 with my PS5 on launch night. Wouldn't say it was worth even that. Its ok but doesn't take long to finish (Around 8 hours). Trophies are also bugged on PS5 version at the mo.

Also, I have stopped using rest mode for the time being as on |Friday when I turned the console on it wouldn't accept the "Push the PS button to sign in" from the controller. Had to do the hold power button for 2 seconds to properly turn off and then it came on fine afterwards.

Permabanned
The whole PS4/PS5 version of Cold War is confusing now, it's a very convoluted way to get the PS5 game. Also its crashing everytime I load it up, not great.

Yes I also initially bought the wrong version and had to upgrade it for a few quid to the right version. (Series X but similar issue). Also crashes my sons One X and plenty of reports of Series X crashing.

Its just a crud rushed release, hopefully improve with patches. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Anyone having a problem with going online in games? I'm trying to play Bloodborne, but when I start the game, the second he stands up from the table it says it's unable to connect to the network and returns me to the title menu.

There's no problem with my internet connection, the network test returns expected results and I'm able to do other online things on the console. I just can't start Bloodborne.

Soldato
Anyone having a problem with going online in games? I'm trying to play Bloodborne, but when I start the game, the second he stands up from the table it says it's unable to connect to the network and returns me to the title menu.

There's no problem with my internet connection, the network test returns expected results and I'm able to do other online things on the console. I just can't start Bloodborne.

I was getting that quite a lot on my ps4 about 1 month ago.. possibly bloodborne servers ?

Associate

Since Thursday I've had a load of "Disconnected from Dirt servers" when playing Dirt 5. I was still logged into to PSN and internet was just fine.

Associate
My console does not seem to charge the controller when in standby mode. I put the console into standby on saturday night with the controller plugged in after it warning me of low battery. Sunday morning when i go to turn it back on battery was still at low :o

Soldato
My console does not seem to charge the controller when in standby mode. I put the console into standby on saturday night with the controller plugged in after it warning me of low battery. Sunday morning when i go to turn it back on battery was still at low :o

Have you checked the settings? There is an option for power to the USB ports when in rest mode.

Soldato
Ah ok, no haven't looked at the settings, just assumed it would work like my ps4 from default settings and charge the pad, will take a look tonight :)

It might, but worth checking to confirm.

The other thing is some people have been having issues with the supplied cable charging the controller, not sure if you have successfully used that cable to charge while the ps5 is powered up?

Back
Top Bottom